Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I haven't seen Maverick yet or anything and that's not what this thread is about.

But you really got to admit that Top Gun was a genius movie. It's a generic lovely romance movie but with a bunch of clips from the Air Force to disguise everything and make the guys think they are watching a good movie with a good storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
And it introduced us to the concept of "The Danger Zone."
For that I am eternally grateful.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

it owns op. gonna go see the new one tomorrow with my old man. pretty psyched tbh.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
It pioneered adding a cool rock soundtrack to war.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Wizard Mast- oh, huh. Okay.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It made me realize it wasn't just the navy that was full of gay sex. Really broadened my horizons

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Just another thing you and ole toefucker agree on, OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF1LXL6OOsM

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I miss BBC :allears:

And Wizard Master I guess

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Treecko posted:

I'm sure you can find some BBC.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
What's BBC or wizard.masters deal?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Treecko posted:

what? did that rear end in a top hat get perma?? NOOOO!!!!!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Wizard

M
a
s
t
e
r

has not been perma'd.

Edit: Nor has Big Beef City.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 11:54 on May 28, 2022

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
BBC been hanging out in the aggro crag lately

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
:smug: Good morning, you're all just pretending to need this "medicine" because you're drug addicts.

:angel: Good evening, directed pharmaceutical use of amphetamines obviously enriches the lives of many itt and I just woul
very homoeotic, top 10

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Top Gun is about the Navy, not the Air Force. Try and pay a little more attention to a movie before you try and ruin its reputation on a public forum like this.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
:smug: Good morning, you're all just pretending to need this "medicine" because you're drug addicts.

:angel: Good evening, directed pharmaceutical use of amphetamines obviously enriches the lives of many itt and I just woul

STABASS posted:

Top Gun is about the Navy, not the Air Force. Try and pay a little more attention to a movie before you try and ruin its reputation on a public forum like this.

oh no don't ruin the Mormonforce with gay poo poo

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Top Gun is literally a propaganda movie that encourages men to join the military by promising them they'll get to hang out with other men who are big and manly like them.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Who's the Bottom Gun?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Yaldabaoth posted:

Top Gun is literally a propaganda movie that encourages men to join the military by promising them they'll get to hang out with other men who are big and manly like them.

Yes, I joined the Navy because I wanted to serve my country alongside some Grade-A beefcakes. Imagine my surprise when it turns out everyone in the Navy is just a skinny-fat alcoholic! Anyway, I've been AWOL ever since.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I'm surprised its propaganda honestly. Just totally surprised.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
If it's propaganda for the navy why the heck are they in airplanes all the time? Boats don't fly!!

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
"Join the Military, its where Goose died"

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I like the parts of top gun where the guns go pew pew and the men bring out their guns to play volleyball, fingers crossed for more of both of those things!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It was pretty hosed up of Maverick to throw Goose's dog tags in the ocean. Maybe his wife would have wanted them, you selfish gently caress? I bet you took the flag from his coffin too. I'm glad he retired from the military and went into private contracting and died in Collateral.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I feel the need. The need for speed! :cocaine:

No but drug addiction is a serious problem and nothing to laugh at.

:laugh:

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
It never occurred to me that the Navy needs janitors, too, until I met a guy who was happy to spend four years mopping floors on a boat. He would go into minute detail explaining his intensely focused petty ways of inconvenience his commanding officers. Goose died because the guy whose job it was to adjust the canopies so that the plane drivers wouldn't hit their head on ejection was probably held up by a guy like this dude who made him go back and walk around his waxed floor the proper way.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I like the part when he rides his motorcycle with no helmet and jumps it even. Hell yeah.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The entire movie takes place at 4 PM

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Devils Affricate posted:

The entire movie takes place at 4 PM

Looks that's just how it is in the US Army, the commodore makes the rules not me

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
After the movies about Vietnam, the Pentagon decided that we needed more positive warmonger movies. This is also how we got Iron Man. gently caress the MIC, they took good movies away from us. :(

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Yaldabaoth posted:

Don't forget the promise of hot gay sex with big manly men

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Top Gun is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man. You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the loving line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I've seen several tiktoks about veterans who are now battling advanced cases of cancer from coming into contact with JP-8. So many of the replies were of people telling similar stories of swimming in the stuff.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
just watched it yesterday I forgot how much use the same couple songs get

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Hardawn posted:

I've seen several tiktoks about veterans who are now battling advanced cases of cancer from coming into contact with JP-8. So many of the replies were of people telling similar stories of swimming in the stuff.

wtf

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

just watched it yesterday I forgot how much use the same couple songs get

Hopefully they're all by Kenny Loggins.

Probably gonna go watch it tomorrow

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

phasmid posted:

After the movies about Vietnam, the Pentagon decided that we needed more positive warmonger movies. This is also how we got Iron Man. gently caress the MIC, they took good movies away from us. :(

top gun maverick trip report: way better military propaganda movie than any marvel trash

9/10 docked one point for lack of homoerotic beach volleyball there is only somewhat homoerotic beach football "dogfight football:" offense and defense at the same time :cool:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The only black pilot in the movie was called "Sundown."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Chief McHeath posted:

The only black pilot in the movie was called "Sundown."

In the completely psychotic original script Viper changed Sundown's name to Fungus in his first scene

also Maverick took getting shot down in the ladies' room so poorly he hid in Charlie's backseat and rode home with her without her knowledge

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Previa_fun posted:

lack of homoerotic beach volleyball

hard pass