Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Thanks for the tyre recommendations guys!

drat, nice Ferrari!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

joat mon posted:

Amen, but I'll take a cool evening.

That color fits the car so perfect

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

That's beautiful and I love that color. Since this seems to be a convertible heavy page, might as well add more fuel to the fire. Signing the paperwork for this on Tuesday, and then I get to wait for it to be delivered a few days later:

The first gen California seemed like a great deal, relatively speaking, when I looked into it last year. Ended up deciding to be responsible and stick with what I’ve got. I’m envious!

edit: photo from this morning:

dema fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 28, 2022

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

dema posted:

The first gen California seemed like a great deal, relatively speaking, when I looked into it last year. Ended up deciding to be responsible and stick with what I’ve got. I’m envious!

edit: photo from this morning:

Very nice, also a great color. I considered getting a first gen but I took a new job that gave me a pretty good pay bump and decided that I'd get exactly what I wanted. Also the first gens don't seem to be nearly as good of a value as they used to be as people caught on to it. This one is a CPO so at least I have some warranty to work with and can get a feel for if it's going to be a money pit or not, although from everything I've read they're pretty much 'normal car' reliable, so we'll see.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

joat mon posted:

Amen, but I'll take a cool evening.

Nice rides dudes. drat!

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

I hear they fixed the torque dip from the previous car for the GR86, which was pretty much its only flaw. It sounds like even more of a perfect, no-nonsense sports car than before. Would love to have a go in one.

Yeah, here's a comparison:

I never drove the previous one so I can't really comment on how different it feels but it is a hoot to drive. My previous car was a base level Ford Escape, I drove it for 12 years. It was reliable and completely soulless. I started to wonder if I'd made a mistake buying something not terribly practical but I took the Escape out last week and all my doubts were dispelled. I'll never have a daily that isn't fun to drive again if I can help it.

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 28, 2022

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I'll never have a daily that isn't fun to drive again if I can help it.

this is the way.

we spend a bunch of time in our dailies, so why not something enjoyable?

last weekend i put some shorter/stiffer front springs in my daily. its only a couple inches lower, but it made a big difference

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I washed my RF and it's already covered in dust and pollen again. Oh well.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

agreed, i daily my '83 rx7 in the spring to fall, and want to die of boredom driving my 4runner in the winter. i should buy another subaru

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Raluek posted:

this is the way.

last weekend i put some shorter/stiffer front springs in my daily. its only a couple inches lower, but it made a big difference

That's a sharp looking AMX.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

agreed, i daily my '83 rx7 in the spring to fall, and want to die of boredom driving my 4runner in the winter. i should buy another subaru

I get to drive the Austin-Healey to work 2 or 3 times a week and every day I can is a good day

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

joat mon posted:

That's a sharp looking AMX.

I get to drive the Austin-Healey to work 2 or 3 times a week and every day I can is a good day

thanks, it looks pretty good from a distance where you can't see how bad the paint is, lol

and dont let the reproduction amx spoilers fool you, it's got a back seat! it's just a javelin

yours just exudes class, though. that thing must be an experience to drive

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
:eyepop:

Some sexy cars lately. This is choice.

Re: Toyobarus
My uncle had one of the "old" GT86's that he let me take out for some throwabouts and it was an incredibly amazing chassis in search of a mildly inspiring powerplant, the car felt like you were wearing it (like a glooove) and felt like a baby M3/M2 for 1/3rd the price - but a huge part of the enjoyment figured in the correct type of roads (rolling twisty smooth rural asphalt in the outskirts of midwestern small cities, the car would be depressing in LA or somewhere with traffic), I expect the new one keeps that feel and but adds some zip, losing to minivans in stoplight battles the van isn't even aware while you're short shifting like it's F&F 1 just to get to 60 was bad but the car is a remarkably scalpel precise weapon on the right roads so it's great it's getting a much needed upgrade in grunt.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Raluek posted:

thanks, it looks pretty good from a distance where you can't see how bad the paint is, lol

and dont let the reproduction amx spoilers fool you, it's got a back seat! it's just a javelin

yours just exudes class, though. that thing must be an experience to drive

Huh. I thought they were completely separate models. In my head the Javelin was always and only the 2nd generation and the AMX was always and only the 1st generation.

20 foot paint job club :hfive:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

joat mon posted:

Huh. I thought they were completely separate models. In my head the Javelin was always and only the 2nd generation and the AMX was always and only the 1st generation.

20 foot paint job club :hfive:

they were distinct models for the first gen, same front clip and tail but they chopped like a foot out of the middle for the amx, giving it those huge rear pillars and tiny quarter windows. then in the second gen, amx was just a trim level of the javelin

yeah im actually ok with having the 20ft paint and body work. it's nice enough that i feel good being seen in it, but not so nice that i would try to avoid full send into a crowded parking lot, or downtown street parking. so it actually gets driven all the time

your paint looks way nicer, but then again i can't really see any of the defects in my own photo that are blatant in real life, either. do you get just unlimited attention whenever you drive it?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just for the weekend. It’s a hateful piece of Mopar. Loaner while my wife’s new
-used car is getting a full interior detail and exterior paint correction before we pick it up from the dealer.

She was tired of driving the truck for non-truck stuff @ 17mpg so she did the responsible thing and got a “normal car” to drive and get decent fuel economy, while getting a big fat check to boot.

It’s a 2020 Escape Titanium 2.0 Ecoboost. Nothing crazy but it’s reasonably quick and fuel efficient and has a hitch and 3500lb towing capacity.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Oh gently caress what have i done:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

chrisgt posted:

Since it has a turbo, you've done the right thing.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

meatpimp posted:

Since it has a turbo, you've done the right thing.

Sadly it's an automatic. But it was free, for a lot of really good reasons... It did drive itself onto the trailer, though.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

MetaJew posted:

I washed my RF and it's already covered in dust and pollen again. Oh well.

My BMW is black and it's impossible to keep it clean for more than 5 minutes after washing. I really like the RFs, and it does look nice clean!

Raluek posted:

this is the way.

I can hear/smell that from looking at the picture, and imagine how it rides. Must be a blast cruising around in it.

chrisgt posted:

The most expensive boat car you can get is one you get for free (And especially a VW).

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Just for the weekend. It’s a hateful piece of Mopar.

It’s a Fiat pretending it’s a Jeep. My brother had one and it was awful. He traded it for a Kona.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Took the K24 BRZ out for its first test drive today, it'll probably be pretty good once fully sorted. :)

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Hell yeah that's amazing!

edit: I love how simple and clean that engine bay is

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That engine bay is way longer than what I expected it to be. I would've thought a straight four would've been pressed against the firewall and radiator

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yeah, there is a ton of space around the motor. Please ignore the mess, there is a lot to tidy up and a few things that need to go in including a catch can, oil cooler AN lines, under trays, etc.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Holy cow, lot of amazing cars in this thread recently!

Had an excuse to help a buddy who needed a winch to move some poo poo around. Haven't taken the old GX out in almost a year but of course it started right up and jammed down to Chelan, getting what couldn't be more than 10MPG...

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

BlackMK4 posted:

Yeah, there is a ton of space around the motor.

Almost like it's missing two cylinders... :magemage:

Looks great though, congrats!

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Nice weather has arrived. Car time.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Raluek posted:

this is the way.

drat, that just looks right.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I miss driving my RX-7. It's getting there. A wee bit more rust removal, and I can start reassembling.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Got the WRX all tarted up for the Wicked Big Meet. But it's okay because I'm racing in it not just parking.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I like those wheels, a lil flashy but in the right way. Looks good. How'd you do the white circle around the sidewall?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Agree on the wheels, those are great.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
A paint pen, razor, and 6 hours. The pattern is there from the factory, you just have to trace it. Actually most performance tires have a really cool pattern on them, don't know why they're not offered in white.

They only last a couple of weeks so I do it literally once every few years. Ive been looking for sealants to put over the white lettering, but so far everything reacts with the paint, turning it a pale yellow.

um excuse me fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 4, 2022

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

drat, that looks cool.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

um excuse me posted:

A paint pen, razor, and 6 hours. The pattern is there from the factory, you just have to trace it. Actually most performance tires have a really cool pattern on them, don't know why they're not offered in white.

They only last a couple of weeks so I do it literally once every few years. Ive been looking for sealants to put over the white lettering, but so far everything reacts with the paint, turning it a pale yellow.

I went all out and did the Michelin logos on my tires once. Looked great, but total pain in the dick.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

um excuse me posted:

White letter squad :whatup:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

They asked if I wanted the white letters in or out. I looked at them in a disappointed manner and they put a note on the work order to have them face out.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
drat. That is way more effort that I would have put in, nice work. I considered doing it on my M3 a couple years ago but I'm far too lazy to even fill in the Michelin lettering, nevermind doing their race flag checkerboard pattern.

Muscle cars and trucks look great with the white lettered tires.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Muscle cars and trucks look great with the white lettered tires.

yes

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
:whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Maybe I'm just bad at muscle cars, but this looks like a mustang up front, camaro out the back? Someone please educate me :frogdunce: