Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Molten Llama posted:

If you don't also need/want the fat, they usually have giant jugs of PB2 or PBfit.

They work really well for oatmeal and are delicious.

oh poo poo that's a great idea, i've def seen those tubs of it but never given them a second thought!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
My record was 15 dollars at Costco. Bought a cake and 3 lbs of cream cheese.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

devmd01 posted:

My wife only spent $35 yesterday. I only spent $54 the previous week, so it can be done.

I assume this was at the foodcourt. :haibrow:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I think my smallest trip was two giant jugs of vinegar (I use it for cleaning) and Dijon mustard. The reason I went was for the pharmacy.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
My record is $1.50 because sometimes I'll just get lunch and not want to enter a food coma at work.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Not a surprising article given how many asian products are at Costco these days.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/26/how-costco-became-a-staple-of-asian-america.html

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

My primary costco purchases each week are: hardboiled eggs, ito en iced tea. Also heartworm meds for my beast.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

pentyne posted:

My record is $1.50 because sometimes I'll just get lunch and not want to enter a food coma at work.

Yeah I used to work near a costco and we'd go for lunch, but it always cost me $3 cuz I was a fatty and ate two dogs for lunch.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah I used to work near a costco and we'd go for lunch, but it always cost me $3 cuz I was a fatty and ate two dogs for lunch.

Horrors the sodium

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

costco challenge: take the bus there and spend as much as you can carry on public transit

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Spinz posted:

Horrors the sodium

I thought the cheese pizza was really salty and then I looked it up... Holy poo poo

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

numberoneposter posted:

costco challenge: take the bus there and spend as much as you can carry on public transit

I used to primarily take public transit everywhere and when I was budget tight AF - 2 pack of bread, pack of sliced cheese, pack of deli meat and usually some kind of chip snack was my go to costco shopping trip.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Not a surprising article given how many asian products are at Costco these days.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/26/how-costco-became-a-staple-of-asian-america.html

Irvine Costco is basically an Asian market. Its product stock is so different than the surrounding Costcos.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I've spent $0 many times because i use their pharmacy and my scripts are mostly paid for, and the food court is usually too packed for my sick rear end to stand around. Last time my total spending was 1 quarter on a bottle of kirkland water that they have in the machines

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Molten Llama posted:

If you don't also need/want the fat, they usually have giant jugs of PB2 or PBfit.

They work really well for oatmeal and are delicious.

I got a giant tub of this once and did not like it at all. Threw almost all of it out. I've been wanting to try that stuff for years. :(

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

large hands posted:

Yeah I've gotten 2 or 3 recall phone calls/emails from Costco over the years so I've probably bought tons of poo poo from other stores that I wound up using without ever knowing it had been recalled

Getting to return a half-drank bottle of Kirkland Gin because it “failed to meet quality standards” :pcgaming:

… then not having any available on shelves for a year because of quality standards :argh:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
As far as I can tell they found a new supplier and it's available and good again :shrug:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Soul Dentist posted:

As far as I can tell they found a new supplier and it's available and good again :shrug:

it's never come back to one of the stores near me, the other one does carry it tho

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Kirkland Barolo is back in stock again, picked up a case in the hopes that it's as good as previous years.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Chinatown posted:

I think it was when Costco launched the dried durian that I knew we had made it as a people.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
do not go to costco this weekend unless you desire pain

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Chinatown posted:

Are there sights to show us?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chinatown posted:

I'm gonna go

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Go at 2 PM, maximize your pain.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

I need gas and it's only $4.89 at Costco vs $5.39 at the Chevron 3 blocks down the street, but there is no way in hell I'm going before warehouse closing.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

I’m going tomorrow.

Kill me.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My Costco wasn't that busy today. I mean, it was busy, but just regular weekend busy not holiday weekend busy. I assume a lot of people are already out of town for the weekend.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I’m going tomorrow.

Kill me.

Pssssh, the Covid will do that for us

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
It was really slow today, for costco anyway. In and out in a few minutes.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The fruit leather things that are on sale right now, are amazing if anyone is curious. The only problem is they're small af so I usually eat like 3 at a time.

The HUMM kombuchas on sale are also killer.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I went, wasn't bad. Had a lot of checkers.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I went this morning. Gas line was relatively short. The store was crowded, but they had all of the registers open for once, so I didn't wait in line to pay.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

binge crotching posted:

I need gas and it's only $4.89 at Costco vs $5.39 at the Chevron 3 blocks down the street, but there is no way in hell I'm going before warehouse closing.

chevron is the worst place to buy gas, always considerably more expensive than most options in my area. arco is pretty competitive with costco, esp if you're down with paying cash it's almost on parity, but even without it it's not too far off.

i went to costco a few days ago at like 2pm on a thursday and line for costco gas was like a solid 1 hour wrapped around several blocks, so i lolled, went into the warehouse and grabbed some poo poo, and just stopped by arco on the way home with no wait and only paid $2 more to fill up. yeah i'll gladly pay $2 to save an 1 hour baking in my car. ymmv of course

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Only fill up at Costco if it is out of normal hours and I am in the area anyway. During open hours it is chaos and not worth the little you save.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The biltong is good but it's not like the biltong I've had in the past.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I'm from a small Midwestern town without gas price variability. Virtually every place has the same price. But now I'm in SoCal and you can find places with $1.50 more per gallon. People still pumping it. I don't understand it.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Goodpancakes posted:

I'm from a small Midwestern town without gas price variability. Virtually every place has the same price. But now I'm in SoCal and you can find places with $1.50 more per gallon. People still pumping it. I don't understand it.

They don’t care about the price. The difference between a $150 fill and a $120 fill is irrelevant to them, and the time spent optimizing gas station pricing isn’t worth it.

Also maybe the like the higher pricing because it keeps the people who are penny pinching away and is some kinda money flex. Maybe the gas station is nicer. Idk. Mostly I think it’s the first point about them just being price insensitive.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Kaddish posted:

The biltong is good but it's not like the biltong I've had in the past.

I've enjoyed the biltong in the past but this last bag i got was like 1/5 fat, it was really gross. Like huge chunks of just fat, not even attached to meat... I'm done with that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the biltong is ok but you gotta shake the bag and look through the little window because theres like 1/3 of the bags that suck rear end