Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there anything you're doing to make the world a better place? Or is to too hosed to bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I work as a Quality Developer for a company that makes medical kits that go to families across the world.

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
I get people drunk and high

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I do little things:

- Keeping my carbon footprint pretty low by limiting my travelling/vacation and keeping my energy consumption as low as possible.
- Voting for parties that support my values and try to make the world better. (This might not work in countries like America.)
- Giving to charities that support my values.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Staying inside so the world doesn't have to suffer my presence

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
poo poo my pants :sigh:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i dont obey traffic laws on my bicycle =]

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I shut the gently caress up when it counts

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Not having any kids in America :mad:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what do you do, op? personally i would have led with that, if i wanted the thread to be taken in good faith

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Nothing, I spend all day lying, cheating, and doing crimes. "It's crime time!" is my motto.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what do you do, op? personally i would have led with that, if i wanted the thread to be taken in good faith

I volunteer at at a crisis line. Is that good enough for you?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I make and post lovely animated gifs and half-assed poo poo posts on a dead comedy website in the backwaters of cyberspace as a futile attempt to make people smile.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I’m an idiot king on SA. :blastu:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I make art and leave it in random places around town

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I support an agricultural research/veterinary medicine university and am always picking litter up off the ground to dispose of properly, particularly alkaline batteries. Other than that, I’m basically a vile wretch.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I argue with shitheads online a lot

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Wait, I was supposed to be making the world a better place? Oh boy, am I ever gonna get yelled at.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
i don't do poo poo.
as in, i do nothing. at all.

i consider it morally neutral. i barely even see other humans whose lives i could ruin.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
no wait, i post on sa.

what's the moral stance on posting?

Masey
Aug 22, 2006
Pancakes.
Right now I volunteer my spare time for charity auctions in which all proceeds go to blackgirlscode or a myriad of LGBTQ causes.

Since I'm eternally online because I work from home and draw pictures for a living I'm considering volunteering for https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HONR_Network as well in light of recent events...

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I put grocery carts back in the grocery cart corral, and even grab the strays that are nearby.

I usually tip 20-25%, sometimes more on small tickets.

I'm actively training my kids to not be assholes. At least the last generation alive will have some polite folks.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i'm not having kids so i can do whatever i want

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008
As much as it embarrasses my daughter, I try to make people smile every day by being upbeat (even if I don't feel it) and try to leave wherever I go with the cashier, clerk, stock person, stranger in line, with at least with a 'sensible chuckle'. A compliment on something minor "love the shirt, nails, or hair" whatever or a self depreciating joke how I'm clueless or something sucks. (I'm a grocery vendor so I'm 'one of them' in store)
It's not global climate fix, or world peace, but I'm often remembered and see people's faces change when they see me knowing I'm going to be 'fun' and could be a bright spot in someone's day! :)

Coffee_Break fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 28, 2022

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Helping humanity go extinct one purchase at a time

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Archer666 posted:

Staying inside so the world doesn't have to suffer my presence

:same:

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I suck dick

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008

STABASS posted:

I suck dick

Or that. Always a day brightener! :D

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I'm a dinosaur jacker offer. Some of them got really short arms and can hardly do it themselves.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I pet dogs.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I work at an aquarium and do my loving best to educate the public about basic marine conservation. It isn't much, but at least I don't go to bed feeling completely helpless these days.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

I gave up touching computers to work with unhoused folks, op!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i blog about crypto projects

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i make poopie!!! :kiddo:

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I put cash in the collection plate every Sunday at St. Michael's Church, I'm sure that money goes to making the world a better place

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Not having kids and eventually dying.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Trying to convince my local government to attach electric generators to all the people buried in the cemeteries spinning ion their graves right now

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
In 25 years or so, I will die.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Das Boo posted:

I pet dogs.

are we talking professionally here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I don’t water or fertilize my shitass lawn.