Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm the guy asking everyone to put their emails in the chat to track attendance. This is very important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

peep who asks highly specific questions about their personal situation during the generic hr benefits meeting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

awful, change the title back

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

guys made of marshmallow and dusted with sugar

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

person who takes a phone call loudly during the meeting, doesn't go on mute

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

that person with a poo poo audio setup that constantly adds echo or feedback when unmuted

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
guy who is being such an rear end in a top hat that he gets muted by the court and found in contempt

quote:

Marshall, who was indefinitely suspended for at least a year in January, said he wanted to address the court in his defense. But Chief Justice Shannon Bacon said since he is not currently a licensed attorney, Marshall would have to be placed under oath first.

Marshall, a former state legislator from Albuquerque, repeatedly interrupted Bacon until she finally halted the hearing and the justices walked out of the courtroom.

When they returned minutes later, Bacon announced she had spoken with the court’s “IT folks” to mute Marshall, who was appearing at the hearing remotely.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
guy you @mentions you in a slack dm where you're the only other person

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

guy with elaborate SLR camera setup that is either constantly going in and out of focus or randomly cutting to black due to some problem with the adapter configuration

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

New guy who sounds exactly like Garrison Keillor and doesn't have a camera so you can't really be sure it's actually him or not

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm the guy streaming his walk around his compound, mic unmuted to capture the wind chimes.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm the guy who declines the meeting. Hopefully nobody said that yet.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
the guy who invites endless random people to your meeting and instead of four people making a decision you get a dozen people giving input to poo poo that doesn't involve them

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
the guy who leaves the meeting half way claiming that he has to join another meeting

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

nvrgrls posted:

I'm the guy who declines the meeting.

power.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i’m the most handsome, buff, and charming person in any meeting

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

i’m the most handsome, buff, and charming person in any meeting

turn on your monitor

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

gently caress SNEEP posted:

turn on your monitor

:golfclap:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

boomer who shows up, turns his camera off, and immediately afks for the rest of the meeting.

living the dream

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
guy who keeps scheduling the same meeting with same agenda after the last 3 have failed to accomplish anything

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
guy who leaves their mic on and makes a bunch of noise that no one else calls out

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
at my old job back in 2008 before zoom calls we'd have a lot of conference calls where people would dial in and talk because we had a bunch of little offices and there was someone who had a parrot and we could never figure out who owned it or when or if the parrot would strike but every now & then there'd be just like the CFO talking about whatever and then BRAAAAAAWK and then we'd have to ask that whoever has the parrot please remember to mute and no one would ever admit to having the parrot.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
neat, now this is a parroty thread

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

im goin to bed

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

rotor posted:

at my old job back in 2008 before zoom calls we'd have a lot of conference calls where people would dial in and talk because we had a bunch of little offices and there was someone who had a parrot and we could never figure out who owned it or when or if the parrot would strike but every now & then there'd be just like the CFO talking about whatever and then BRAAAAAAWK and then we'd have to ask that whoever has the parrot please remember to mute and no one would ever admit to having the parrot.

this is extremely cool and zoom or whoever should implement it in software to gently caress with people

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

rotor posted:

utterly disappointed that parrothaver has apparently never taught it neither swears nor comedic timing

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

maybe one of your coworkers was a bird and you never knew

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

well yes I don't own a bird...

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

no one truly owns a bird

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

dioxazine posted:

no one truly owns a bird

false. all birds are robots owned by the cia.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Jonny 290 posted:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Jonny 290 posted:

guy who fancies himself a 'power user' rdp'ing into the laptop that has zoom on it and screaming across the room with three seconds lag
actually had to deal with that at last job

or takes a Teams call on VDI

(in fairness, it really sucks being in multiple orgs)

Captain Foo posted:

peep who asks highly specific questions about their personal situation during the generic hr benefits meeting

I just had this
someone even came up with this request to be paid fortnightly rather than monthly, which hasn't ever been a thing

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
hmm i've never been paid monthly, only biweekly

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

qsvui posted:

hmm i've never been paid monthly, only biweekly

I’ve had both though biweekly was much more common

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i was monthly in grad school. didn't love it

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i am actually the guy that talks about gardening for several minutes making the meeting run late

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I had a job that paid weekly for a few years

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

i've only ever been paid weekly lol

(at my TWO jobs)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Progressive JPEG posted:

i am actually the guy that talks about gardening for several minutes making the meeting run late

this is an ok type of guy to be imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
guy that complains about jira every time he screen shares using jira