Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Votecount for Day 2

tpink (5): b-minus1, SporkChan, AnonymousNarcotics, Maerlyn, girl dick energy
SporkChan (2): Bifauxnen, Hal Insandenza
PlasticAutomaton (1): Grandicap
OMGVBFLOL (1): PlasticAutomaton
AnonymousNarcotics (0): girl dick energy, girl dick energy

Not Voting (2): OMGVBFLOL, tpink

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 28th, 2022 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 41 minutes.

If there is no majority, at deadline the player with the most votes will be removed from the game. Ties will be resolved by longest held last vote (LHLV)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't think it is tpink but with plurality I have no need to move, just look disapprovingly from the sidelines.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

If it's not tpink I'd like to rip the band-aid off OMG next, if we don't get a cop result on him it's time.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Grandicap posted:

I don't think it is tpink but with plurality I have no need to move, just look disapprovingly from the sidelines.

Why do you think Plastic is scum? You think his vote on someone who repeatedly says they are scum is low hanging fruit, is there more than that?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Hal Insandenza posted:

Can you maybe vote someone else then?

##vote Hal Insandenza

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also I should probably post a bit more to avoid lurker warning.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

All players cease posting. I’ll deal with the flip in like 45 minutes.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah I feel like we're still on apathy lunches at this point, hoping D3 gives us.. you know. Literally anything to work with. Tpink, if you are town, who scum.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

tpink (5): b-minus1, SporkChan, AnonymousNarcotics, Maerlyn, girl dick energy
SporkChan (2): Bifauxnen, Hal Insandenza
Hal Insandenza (1): OMGVBFLOL
PlasticAutomaton (1): Grandicap
OMGVBFLOL (1): PlasticAutomaton
AnonymousNarcotics (0): girl dick energy, girl dick energy

Not Voting (1): tpink

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 28th, 2022 at 4 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

If there is no majority, at deadline the player with the most votes will be removed from the game. Ties will be resolved by longest held last vote (LHLV)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Back in the forest, away from the morass of global media empires and online personalities, things were looking dire.

A cable arrived at the provincial capital: in the night, the community forest defenders who had been carrying out their own investigations had gone silent. Whatever the cause, local representatives conveyed that they were no longer going to coordinate with others in identifying those responsible for deforestation. Were they paid off? Subject to some sort of ransom? Threatened in some way? Simply despondent at the palpable sense of apathy among those who purported to care? It is impossible to tell.

tpink was removed from the game. tpink's role card:

You are a COMMUNITY FOREST DEFENDER Your alignment is TOWN/FOREST PROTECTOR

VICTORY CONDITION: You win when all threats to town are eliminated

You are a frontline defender of the forest, with the most at stake in the fight.

POWER: Pick a target other than yourself. Any night actions targeting them will fail.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Night 2 begins. Submit night actions by 4pm EDT on May 28, 2022

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Lurker warnings for AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, girldickenergy, PlasticAutomaton, and Sporkchan. If you have fewer than 10 substantive posts tomorrow you will be mod-killed

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

It is a brutal cosmic irony that in a world shaped by dire material struggles, upper-middle class White Environmentalist influencers of the global North hold real clout. They direct the attention of the chattering classes, shape the priorities of aid agencies and non-profits, and place a ceiling on how much solidarity the wealthy world can show with the vulnerable, resource-rich periphery.

Grandicap had found a perverted version of 'solidarity' through clout-chasing with his fellow White Environmentalists, and had for a time used his internet platform to signal-boost the cause of tropical forests and the people who care for them.

But eventually, corporate sponsorship became too tasty a morsel for him to resist. Brand accounts slid discretely into grandi's DMs. Tantalizing NFT deals. Offers of ever greater clout. Whispered sweet nothings.

Grandicap was going to check out of online politics, and savor a sweet, sweet retirement.

Grandicap was removed from the game. Grandicap was....

A white environmentalist

His alignment was TOWN at the time of his elimination!

Full role card:

Your alignment is THIRD PARTY - but beware, your alignment can change!

VICTORY CONDITION: Survive to end game

You claim to care about the environment, but the truth is that you mostly care about instagram clout. If there is one thing that you absolutely HATE, it’s being accused of being problematic! Especially by people who have a disrespectful tone about it.
PASSIVE (ADOPT AUX-EVIL ALIGNMENT): You certainly hope the beautiful rainforests do not get cut down, but the real problem for all of us is CANCEL CULTURE! If you are the first white environmentalist to be voted out of the game, you come back to life the next day as AUX-EVIL/FOREST DESTROYER if the game is still ongoing. You will win when the number of EVIL players is greater than or equal to the number of NON-EVIL players. You will learn the role cards and player names of the other EVIL-aligned players, but you will not join their chat nor will you count as an EVIL player for the purposes of assessing the EVIL team’s victory condition (you won’t count for parity).

THIS DOES NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BECOME TOWN ALIGNED

You can write an op-ed of 200-500 words explaining why you have returned. The GM will post whatever you write verbatim with the heading “OPINION PIECE” at the beginning of the day of your return but will not add any text to indicate that you penned the op-ed unless you post identifying information directly into the text. If you do not write an op-ed the GM will announce to the thread that you have returned to life.

PASSIVE (ADOPT TOWN ALIGNMENT): You dread being canceled, but you ADORE online validation! If you have zero votes by the end of Day 1, your alignment will change to FOREST PROTECTOR/TOWN and you will win when all threats to town are eliminated.

PASSIVE: If all white environmentalists become town-aligned, they gain a private chat with one another.

PASSIVE: If you are the first white environmentalist to be removed from play, some elements of your rolecard may be redacted

shwinnebego fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 31, 2022

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): AnonymousNarcotics, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, girl dick energy, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, OMGVBFLOL, PlasticAutomaton, SporkChan

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Day 3 begins!

Deadline is at 4pm EDT on Tuesday, May 31st

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Maer this one’s for you, grandi

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

PRESS RELEASE:

INPE imaging suggests active deforestation in the vicinity of OMGVBFLOL

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
i was gonna like do a whole big thing with grandi today

we were gonna blow the game wide open with like

this totally awesome gambit

but now its just me and like

whats even the point if i dont have someone here with me to back me up

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

girl dick energy posted:

what got left out of the role card

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

what got left out of the role card
nothing because we already turned over to town

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

girl dick energy posted:

nothing because we already turned over to town

ahhh ok that makes sense

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

well time to reread grandi and see who they were hoggin on

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

does that mean your jester gambit failed

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

got on plastics case for voting for me, later settled on AN Plastic and Maer. not much to go on

is what i would say if i were town, which im not

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

girl dick energy posted:

Uh huh

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

girl dick energy posted:

does that mean your jester gambit failed

im not a jester, im scum

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

i was gonna like

imply that if anyone is a miller they should say so now

and see how people reacted and who was like

super sketch about it yknow

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

girl dick energy posted:

Awww man what was it?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

girl dick energy posted:

i was gonna like

imply that if anyone is a miller they should say so now

and see how people reacted and who was like

super sketch about it yknow

Oh efb, that's not such a huge gambit

Anyway, I'm clocking in to work but giant birthday weekend is over, so I can actually play today

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

but if i did something like that now the real cop would definitely just counterclaim and ruin everything

totally bogus

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

girl dick energy posted:

but if i did something like that now the real cop would definitely just counterclaim and ruin everything

totally bogus

as scum, i would very much like the cop to claim, for us to nk them

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote OMG

the odds omg is any pro town role is like

zero

right?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Maerlyn posted:

If it's not tpink I'd like to rip the band-aid off OMG next, if we don't get a cop result on him it's time.

My voting fingers are at the ready

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
I'm too drunk to play mafia right now. I'll get back to you all tomorrow. Have fun!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

SporkChan posted:

I'm too drunk to play mafia right now. I'll get back to you all tomorrow. Have fun!

No no no give us your unfiltered thoughts

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

girl dick energy posted:

##vote OMG

the odds omg is any pro town role is like

zero

right?

Maybe he has something really cool and wacky happen if he gets voted out?

I do want to see if there's better cases to be had today, but if nothing else it'd be fun to see what the hell his deal was

##vote OMG

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

No no no give us your unfiltered thoughts

AGREED drunkposting best posting

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Soooo can someone tell me why all the people who kept refusing to cut the guy scum claiming yesterday in favor of Tpink are now finally going along with it?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

us yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuWsa8IJblw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
This seems to indicate that either Hal and omg are both scum or both town? Or maybe were both targeted by the same night action?

Idk if it means anything just wanted to bring it up

shwinnebego posted:

PRESS RELEASE:

INPE imaging indicates active deforestation in the vicinity of Hal Insandenza.

shwinnebego posted:

PRESS RELEASE:

INPE imaging suggests active deforestation in the vicinity of OMGVBFLOL