Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I went to Costco today and bought 10lbs of ribs before going to a wedding hell yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Seems like a primo time to hit the pumps is that half hour after the store closes but the gas is still flowing during the weekdays.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

DNK posted:

They don’t care about the price. The difference between a $150 fill and a $120 fill is irrelevant to them, and the time spent optimizing gas station pricing isn’t worth it.

Also maybe the like the higher pricing because it keeps the people who are penny pinching away and is some kinda money flex. Maybe the gas station is nicer. Idk. Mostly I think it’s the first point about them just being price insensitive.

There was a place around here that was $2/gal more expensive than everywhere else. It was 3rd in a line of 3 consecutive gas stations and it was always empty except for the occasional blue collar worker filling up their company vehicle.

I always just assumed it was a mob money laundering scheme or something.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

bird with big dick posted:

I went, wasn't bad. Had a lot of checkers.

That was my experience too. Pretty crowded but every checkout line was fully staffed, so I didn’t wait long. Good business practice, PBUC

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

So I went to church in tetoboro, cause it’s supposed to be nice.

And it is. But Bergen county has these weird fuckin blue laws where you can’t buy housewares or clothes on sundays.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

So I went to church in tetoboro, cause it’s supposed to be nice.

And it is. But Bergen county has these weird fuckin blue laws where you can’t buy housewares or clothes on sundays.

Do they also still have the no alcohol sales before 2 pm on Sundays or something too? I worked in Teaneck at a restaurant forever ago and was so confused by the blue laws.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

But Bergen county has these weird fuckin blue laws where you can’t buy housewares or clothes on sundays.

Huh?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

blue laws where you can’t buy housewares or clothes on sundays.

Makes a lot of sense, if you think about it.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Pinus Porcus posted:

Do they also still have the no alcohol sales before 2 pm on Sundays or something too? I worked in Teaneck at a restaurant forever ago and was so confused by the blue laws.

Nope, alcohol is sold 12-6.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/life/columnists/2018/01/25/seeing-red-over-blue-laws/1040987001/

quote:

Bergen County’s blue laws restrict the sale of certain goods on Sundays, forcing all department, mall and most retail stores to close for the day. Everything from clothes to furniture to appliances are off limits. The laws date back to the 1600s, originally stemming from religious beliefs, and became part of New Jersey’s “Act to Suppress Vice and Immorality.” Over the years, there have been attempts to overturn the laws, but strong opposition to traffic in certain towns thwarted those efforts, leaving Bergen County as the last county in America with such heavy Sunday restrictions.

Never seen anything like it before. Especially in the northeast 5 miles from NYC.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Jesus would never approve of buying a couch on a Sunday.

Sinners.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Sinners.

Counter point: on the 7th day God rested and how could he without a couch?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
For Jesus took four hot dogs and four chicken bakes and he fed the hungry masses and he quenched their thirst with unlimited refills.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Some Japanese sports variety show occasionally has a bit where the host takes some athletes to Costco and lets the buy whatever they want on his own dime. Since the program is essentially a long commercial for Costco I have to assume that they're the ones who pay for everything. This bit has been going on for awhile now so I have to assume that for some reason obviously people are interested in watching someone just go shopping at Costco for an hour.

Here's the latest episode which aired yesterday, composes the first hour of this video. I guess if you're interested in seeing what the latest hot products are at the Japanese Costcos it's an authentic look:

https://9tsu.me/junksports220529

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Last trip to Costco I picked up a pack of frozen stuffed squash blossoms: they are stuffed with ricotta and smoked provolone and deep fried. One of my favorite Italian snacks, and much easier than waiting until July when the blossoms are in season and frying them myself! Highly recommended.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Last trip to Costco I picked up a pack of frozen stuffed squash blossoms: they are stuffed with ricotta and smoked provolone and deep fried. One of my favorite Italian snacks, and much easier than waiting until July when the blossoms are in season and frying them myself! Highly recommended.

Ah man, I need to try and find these. The fried squash blossoms we had in Rome was some of the best food we had in Italy.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Sinners.

Texas used to have a blue law regarding household appliance sales on Sundays. But I think that disappeared in the 80s

Oppression
Jan 16, 2004
Pillbug
My local costco in MN ran out of eggs and only had crunchy peanut butter for sale. Got the last rotisserie chicken on the shelf. Thanks Joe Brandon.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I got the last rotisserie once. I went for it after this woman picked the second to last, then she turned back for the one I had in my hands with an ol stinkeye and I said 'what, you really need two?' :smuggo:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i still have not gotten the rotisserie, mayhaps next time i go on thursday.

my GF is vegetarian so id uhhh have to eat it all in one sitting you know cause i dont want it to go bad...hehehe :cool:

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
My local church hasn’t had Mexican coke in stock for months and it’s a major bummer.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Got a BC nearby? It's sporadic, but I've seen them there recently, although it's more expensive than a case of beer now.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

numberoneposter posted:

i still have not gotten the rotisserie, mayhaps next time i go on thursday.

my GF is vegetarian so id uhhh have to eat it all in one sitting you know cause i dont want it to go bad...hehehe :cool:

my move is to buy the rotisserie chicken, break it down and sorta shred the meat with my hands, bag it into 3-4 ziplocs, fridge one of them, and freeze the others. that way i always have a lil baggie of chicken in the fridge to throw into stuff, but its not so much that it will go bad.

i wont comment on how much of it i incidentally eat while packing it up, lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Whatever is left on the carcass can become the base for some stock

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Rotisserie chicken, Normandy vegetables, big block of Tillamook cheese = vegetable cheese soup

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTd7qoLqh/?k=1

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

metachronos posted:

My local church hasn’t had Mexican coke in stock for months and it’s a major bummer.

I think they've stopped selling it on its own. I've only seen it in variety packs alongside orange crush and (ugh) sprite.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Costco just issued me a digital shop card, one that I was expecting since it was part of a promo and it still looks like a scam email. I would much prefer a physical shop card or one loaded in the app!

FreeMars
Mar 22, 2011
Hey goons, my wife needs a work laptop that can stream video. Any good recommendations from the 'Sco?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

FreeMars posted:

Hey goons, my wife needs a work laptop that can stream video. Any good recommendations from the 'Sco?

That's a loaded question. There's way better general advise over in SH/SC. There's a dozen decent Dell/HP/Lenovo laptops from $449-799.

Only real advise I have: If her work supports it and your budget allows - consider a M1 MacBook. I've gotten twice the usable life out of my Mac's vs PC's for general use.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

the spyder posted:

Only real advise I have: If her work supports it and your budget allows - consider a M1 MacBook. I've gotten twice the usable life out of my Mac's vs PC's for general use.

:can:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
My church got rid of my wife's favorite dessert: the 8 pack of crème brûlée for like $10. They weren't the best I've ever had but were definitely good for the price point, easy, and you get a nice glass ramekin.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Oh man I love those glass ramekins.

I saved 4 of them and I get so much use out of them as small bowls that I've got my money's worth in the ramekins alone.

I wish I saved more than just the 4

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Ironically I made home made creme brulee once and they were a little too small for the serving sizes I was going for

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Those little glass cups from one of the desserts, I think maybe rice pudding, makes for an excellent small wine glass. I like to fill my glass up, so filling those small ones is a lot healthier than pouring a third of a bottle into a normal wine glass.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
crushed up brownie brittle is now mandatory on ice cream, pbuc

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Just made my first trip to a Business Center...it's so beautiful!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Bulk boxes of snacks as far as the eye can see.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm going to Costco later today and im gonna buy too much bullshit. what's the best giant bag of frozen fruit

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

PokeJoe posted:

I'm going to Costco later today and im gonna buy too much bullshit. what's the best giant bag of frozen fruit

A couple bunches of the $2 bananas

Peel them, snap in half and put each one in an individual sandwich bag and put it in the freezer.

You will be amazed how good those are straight out of the bag. Hold the baggie like a cone when you're eating it so you don't get messy.
Please pay pal me the $200 I just saved you this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my brother Costco bananas never get ripe every time I buy them it's a travesty