Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

docker's most underrated feature is that it forces everyone to ship their software ready to run. no more install the installer then install the main product then create a new profile then federate the profile then create the configuration then install the configuration then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

hbag posted:

god why do stem zoomers all have to be loving cryptobros

the crypto grifters target the classic targets of grifts: the poor and desperate, the mentally not all there, and the clueless. youth combines all three usually

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

when you're young and impressionable and not yet knowledgeable about the problems inherent in technology, magic internet money seems like a really good idea

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

when you're young and impressionable and not yet knowledgeable about the problems inherent in technology, magic internet money seems like a really good idea

yes but IM young and impressionable and it takes like five minutes of research to figure out that its all-round just loving terrible

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

can confirm: i was into slackware as a teen

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i had two meetings scheduled for 9am and they both got cancelled <20min beforehand hell yeah

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

hbag posted:

because your generation literally has no future lol and that stupid bullshit sells Hope

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
when i was your age we could at least run mousejigglers for 3 ad programs and get $400 checks every month

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Youth these days, when I was their age I couldn't stop hallucinating and was told that my brain disease would slowly progress until it killed me. They don't know what it means to have no hope.

(I'm still hallucinating, I've just grown used to it. It happens in predictable patterns and you learn to separate 'em.)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Dada was built on the very idea there's no hope nor sense, and look at us, a century later and things are still getting shittier, yet we persist.

You're hoping for the wrong thing, is all. You should hope to see stupid bullshit beyond your comprehension.

Like crypto.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I think my point is "it's all been doomed from the moment we figured out violence, but there's still things in life worth enjoying".

Just, super angsty because I could pretend like that's not who I am and nobody would buy it.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

bump_fn posted:

no kaboom just a little new lava flow near the top
it needs a sacrifice

quick throw in shaggar

lord fifth posted:

cjs: the other intern in my cubicle asked me what python is this morning
Tell them it wants some even if you don't got buns, hun :whip:

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the crypto grifters target the classic targets of grifts: the poor and desperate, the mentally not all there, and the clueless. youth combines all three usually
you left out the largest segment there, bob

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

"Word around the office is you've got a fat cock"

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

Yes, I do

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Thanks to reading philosophy, I know I'm part of a grand heritage of complaining about the youth these days not knowing what it means to have no hope for the future.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Fortaleza posted:

thanks for noticing

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

cjs: oh surprise surprise the VP we've been dealing with for a huge project has, as we approach launch, started actually paying attention¹ and is being a complete cactus up the rear end

Someone send me hard drugs and a ticket to Belize

1 okay she's probably getting guff from her superiors and has no way to handle stress other than making other people feel like poo poo, which I called absolutely months ago

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

hbag posted:

it's because there are too many zoomers touching computers. the idiot saturation is the same as it's always been but there are way more in total so they become louder

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

hbag posted:

yes but IM young and impressionable and it takes like five minutes of research to figure out that its all-round just loving terrible

that's five more minutes of research than they did, plus it sounds like you have a natural skepticism that they lack

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

dioxazine posted:

can confirm: i was into slackware as a teen

lmao :same:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
current python status: really stretching the limits of panda's string routines right now

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

they are shsc posters, you are a yosposter

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

c pj s:

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
every day i thank lord jesus that i started reading this forum while my computer mind was still impressionable and not, like, hn or something

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

knowledge and other peoples experiences with things shared here in yospos is unironically why I keep getting promoted

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cls: went out, got a haircut. agonised over getting something to eat for the entire duration of the trip there, haircut, and trip home

making a second cup of coffee and food at home

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m going to an Indian vegetarian street food place tomorrow and it’s going to be glorious

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
i've got about 250 lines of SAS to port over and every goddamn line is a struggle

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’m going to an Indian vegetarian street food place tomorrow and it’s going to be glorious

the one thing i dearly wish north america had is night markets

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Fortaleza posted:

yeah

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

dioxazine posted:

the one thing i dearly wish north america had is night markets

You've never been to an all-night flea market? They're popular in the Midwest.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

lord fifth posted:

every day i thank lord jesus that i started reading this forum while my computer mind was still impressionable and not, like, hn or something

i do wonder how many teens post on hn posing as career experts in something

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

You've never been to an all-night flea market? They're popular in the Midwest.

never seen one! i've only ever been to st. louis in the midwest and it was the most racist experience of my life

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

dioxazine posted:

never seen one! i've only ever been to st. louis in the midwest and it was the most racist experience of my life

lmao I tried to smoke a joint in a hotel room in St. Louis and got busted for it within a minute of lighting that fucker.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you can tell yospos is legit because everyone hates the computer a little bit too

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

if you say "i hate computers" around a bunch of programmers, th ebest ones will agree with you

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lord fifth posted:

:same:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

hbag posted:

i was thinking the same thing around 2012ish when i first heard about bitcoin

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i heard hdad say he hates computers a few days ago and thats when i realized its not just a yospos thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

your dad is absolutely in here