Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i bet it feels like a first kiss and winning a game at the same time

but also it feels differently depending on where you put the upgrades, like when you level up your hp you can feel your blood pumping for a moment, or when your intelligence increases you notice your thought processes speeding up.

what do you think levelling up feels like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

when you level your HP you start noticing butterflies more and eventually you unlock the skeleton outfit (+5 against holy damage)

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

FutonForensic

pardon my french, but it has to feel like taking a gigantic loving poo poo & realizing you can immediately run faster, jump higher, think better

FutonForensic

2:43 PM [System] You have reached level 100.
2:44 PM [General] futonforensic: ding. Do NOT go in there

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

FutonForensic posted:

2:43 PM [System] You have reached level 100.
2:44 PM [General] futonforensic: ding. Do NOT go in there

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
It feels like a slightly larger version of you is inside your skin trying to get out.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i think it feels better than having read hegel, op

Nosfereefer

or so i would imagine

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
games should make players get fat for a while and lose some levels, then have to level up again but their max level keeps decreasing as they age

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i figured someone would say orgasm but i really should have expected making GBS threads

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Everquest sucked because not only could you lose a level but you also had to endure "hell levels" which is where you need 3 and 4 times as much exp as you *DING!* oh, hey I levelled up welp, time to see what new Bard songs I got!

teen witch
here’s a video of me leveling up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZF3nmIvnzQ

biosterous

idk about feels but it's gotta sound like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08lvYcIJhOM

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

you ever be walking up stairs and you get to the top but your body thinks there is still one more step?

it's like that.

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Literally A Person
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
As a YELLOW BELT WITH 2 STRIPES IN KARATE I can tell you this, OP. Feels pretty good.

FutonForensic

Heather Papps posted:

i figured someone would say orgasm but i really should have expected making GBS threads

looks like you have a lot of "leveling up" to do when it comes to street smarts :D

Heather Papps

hello friend

the feeling of levelling up is the opposite of the feeling of googling "levelling up" to make sure you spell it right and finding out it isn't aesthetically pleasing

FutonForensic

Buttchocks

When I level up, there's a brief fanfare. I also used to hear a fanfare when I got an extra life, but in the past few years I hear ominous strings instead.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

its the feeling when you hold hands with your favorite gal

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

French Accent

putting yet another skill point in the sleep stat, despite it being horribly undertuned at this point.

Finger Prince

That feeling of your brain squishing into the back of your skull when you hit the really good stuff.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

"The greatest feeling you can get, or the most satisfying feeling you can get, is leveling up. Leveling up is as satisfying to me as cumming is, you know, as uh having sex with a woman and cumming." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

sb hermit

Probably the same feeling as getting emptyquoted.

sb hermit

Heather Papps posted:

the feeling of levelling up is the opposite of the feeling of googling "levelling up" to make sure you spell it right and finding out it isn't aesthetically pleasing

sb hermit

Feels good, don't it?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
You know the sound your sword makes when you draw it from your scabbard, and it slides out and slices through your opponent's neck, severing it in one motion while sending forth a spray of scarlet mortality?

It's nothing like that, it's more like the pleasantly overstuffed feeling you get when you eat too much lembas under the leaves of Lothlorien in the sunlight.

google THIS

Heather Papps posted:

i figured someone would say orgasm

Ideally leveling up shouldn't make you want to share a cigarette with the boss monster you just beat the poo poo out of before taking a long nap

Nosfereefer

google THIS posted:

Ideally leveling up shouldn't make you want to share a cigarette with the boss monster you just beat the poo poo out of before taking a long nap

maybe not in your campaigns
e:

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 4, 2022

Heather Papps

hello friend

sb hermit posted:

Feels good, don't it?

it kinda feels like when i level up, in a game.

Buttchocks

Wow, I never realized how low-level all my friends are. I need to start pruning my social contact list.

ubergnu

Failed gothic
Javascript->Typescript is kinda leveling up. I made ship: https://turquoise-emma-67.tiiny.site/

google THIS

I feels kind of like what your birthday used to feel like before you hit [redacted] and discovered that birthdays no longer gave you any new status or privileges and that aging another year no longer left you stronger or smarter than you were before, quite the opposite in fact

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

ubergnu posted:

Javascript->Typescript is kinda leveling up. I made ship: https://turquoise-emma-67.tiiny.site/

this is a really cool ship!

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

Heather Papps

hello friend

when your speed gets buffed it feels like you just drank 2 big cups of coffee very fast

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

you ever level up and then you’re like poo poo—I should have been upgrading my alchemy path instead of my warrior path?

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

alexandriao

sb hermit posted:

Probably the same feeling as getting emptyquoted.

sb hermit

sb hermit

oh yeah... that's the stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Today I have become level 35.