Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I think this picture is the only canonical appearance of Chaos Orks. I think it's from 3rd or 4th edition.

I could see Orks accidentally worshipping Nurgle just because he's big and green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Rogue Trader had Orks with Khorne symbol helmets and stuff, but RT had all kinds of cool poo poo we don’t get anymore

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Nurgle is decay, and Orcs are fungus.

Stompas and Gargants are effigies of Gork and Mork, but also just so happen to resemble the Great Unclean One.

Edit: If you're fishing for an excuse to make some zombie orcs, there's an easy one.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 27, 2022

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nurgle is decay, and Orcs are fungus.

Stompas and Gargants are effigies of Gork and Mork, but also just so happen to resemble the Great Unclean One.

Nurgle also feeds off of despair, and I don't think orks are physically capable of being sad.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

No of course not. It's just that sometimes nazis are super into the same poo poo and it can be hard to seperate the fash from the regular human beings

it's actually really really easy to know if someone is a nazi because they will tell you themselves

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Imho the cool thing is that orcs are immune to chaos not that they could be corrupted but eh to each or some poo poo

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I think you can still get Chaos Orks, but like Genestealer Orks they eventually get stomped out by the rest because they no longer fit properly into the psychic gestalt and so instantly read as "off" to other orks.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Tau and Necrons are chaos-proof, correct?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Scratch Monkey posted:

Tau are not but they have smaller footprint in warp then humans so to demons and gods they are kind of "Who?"

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Scratch Monkey posted:

Chaos Necrons seem to not be a thing.

With Tau, there is nothing explicit. But do mind Commander Farsight, who:
  • is a known hothead
  • who ran into some deamons
  • then rebelled from Tau society
  • and has since lived far beyond his expected lifespan
  • while he runs about in mostly red armour
  • which he uses to pursue his highly unusual hobby of hacking people apart in close combat
  • with a giant sword of dubious origins
  • which he acquired the same time he ran into those deamons
  • and is followed around by the team of bodyguards he assembled and annointed "the eight"

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Necrons are chaos resistant.
Death Guard have used warp diseases against them, Lucius has respawned from a Necron swordsman, and there's plenty of precedent for machines to become possessed.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Tau have no warp presence, so it's very hard for chaos to latch onto them - since Farsight was literally right in front of them and carries a potential chaos artifact, that might bypass the "can't find them" issue for warp energy.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Scratch Monkey posted:

Necrons as a whole are soulless so there's nothing to taint. Maybe some of the Overlords have enough personality left, but they're all supposed to be too hyper-focused on their own little objectives to really recognise Chaos as an option.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Nurgle also feeds off of despair, and I don't think orks are physically capable of being sad.

Maybe if he made them completely unable to fight, that would probably do the trick. Though I don't see other orks not killing them in that case; might even do it as a "mercy kill" since I think "ork not capable of getting in a scrap" is horrible enough to trigger what little empathy they might have.

Maneck posted:

Chaos Necrons seem to not be a thing.

With Tau, there is nothing explicit. But do mind Commander Farsight, who:
  • is a known hothead
  • who ran into some deamons
  • then rebelled from Tau society
  • and has since lived far beyond his expected lifespan
  • while he runs about in mostly red armour
  • which he uses to pursue his highly unusual hobby of hacking people apart in close combat
  • with a giant sword of dubious origins
  • which he acquired the same time he ran into those deamons
  • and is followed around by the team of bodyguards he assembled and annointed "the eight"

I think it's supposed to be deliberately vague just what's going on with Farsight, up to and including "only Tau not mind-enslaved by the Ethereals and thus the best of them". Seem to recall even some suggestion his sword could have been Necrontyr in origin.

As for other factions and Chaos corruption, Tyranids I *think* have lost some ships to Chaos mutation from the Eye of Terror, but as a general rule the Hivemind is too big to swallow for the Chaos gods. They certainly don't have anything to offer it; seem to recall demons can't be used for "biomass" for the Tyranids which wipes out about the only thing the Hivemind cares about. There are alien races in the fiction that have fallen to Chaos (or at minimum are happy to work with them as mercenaries); seem to recall an example was in the Eisenhorn/Ravenor books.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
There was these guys

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Laer

Was because the Emperor's Children wiped them out but picked up a nasty chaos habit at the same time.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MadDogMike posted:

Maybe if he made them completely unable to fight, that would probably do the trick. Though I don't see other orks not killing them in that case; might even do it as a "mercy kill" since I think "ork not capable of getting in a scrap" is horrible enough to trigger what little empathy they might have.

Orks are sad when they're not fighting, that's why when orks have no one to fight, they fight each other, because it makes them happy.

So yeah, Orks can't be sad.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Iron Crowned posted:

Orks are sad when they're not fighting, that's why when orks have no one to fight, they fight each other, because it makes them happy.

So yeah, Orks can't be sad.
If you leave an Ork alone in a sealed room, he will eventually start beating himself up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FMguru posted:

If you leave an Ork alone in a sealed room, he will eventually start beating himself up.

Tylork Durdin

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

chin up everything sucks posted:

Tau have no warp presence, so it's very hard for chaos to latch onto them - since Farsight was literally right in front of them and carries a potential chaos artifact, that might bypass the "can't find them" issue for warp energy.

Almost no warp presence. They are there, just the bare minimum possible to have a soul. There's a Tzeentch-possessed tau in the first Farsight book.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MadDogMike posted:

I think it's supposed to be deliberately vague just what's going on with Farsight, up to and including "only Tau not mind-enslaved by the Ethereals and thus the best of them". Seem to recall even some suggestion his sword could have been Necrontyr in origin.

As for other factions and Chaos corruption, Tyranids I *think* have lost some ships to Chaos mutation from the Eye of Terror, but as a general rule the Hivemind is too big to swallow for the Chaos gods. They certainly don't have anything to offer it; seem to recall demons can't be used for "biomass" for the Tyranids which wipes out about the only thing the Hivemind cares about. There are alien races in the fiction that have fallen to Chaos (or at minimum are happy to work with them as mercenaries); seem to recall an example was in the Eisenhorn/Ravenor books.

I hope that one day we get some weird chaos xenos models. Absolutely insane looking chaos weirdos would get my money.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Quick shout out to Hasslefree Miniatures for customer consideration; I put in an order about six hours before their big sale started and they threw in a couple of extra figures that I'd put in my cart but decided to pass on.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Midjack posted:

Quick shout out to Hasslefree Miniatures for customer consideration; I put in an order about six hours before their big sale started and they threw in a couple of extra figures that I'd put in my cart but decided to pass on.

Hasslefree have consistently been some of the nicest people every time I've dealt with them, in general.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

Batou and the Major were ripped off pretty directly in Infinity's JSA forces and several years ago someone did a really detailed write up of what they'd used for their custom Section 9 squad. Pretty sure that guy also used Infinity figures as the starting point too - I wish I could find that page again. Hasslefree also sells the Major and Batou in a couple of variants.

I finally unearthed this though it's not quite what I remembered - I was mixing up the descriptions in this reddit post with pictures of someone else's interpretation.

Stats and figure basis suggestions: https://www.reddit.com/r/InfinityTheGame/comments/5za2s7/haqqislam_ghost_in_the_shell_section_9/
Image I was thinking of: https://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv279/Yaumaster/82ec1825-b404-4a42-adba-f38daf429134_zps82abc8e7.jpg

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Are you telling me they are hassle free?

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Are you telling me they are hassle free?

Are you telling me a fungus made this beer?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIkxVQeK6Bg

This video reminded me of this thread.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Cassius Belli posted:

Hasslefree have consistently been some of the nicest people every time I've dealt with them, in general.

Seconding this, Hasslefree are a class act. Very friendly at shows and events too.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Loxbourne posted:

Seconding this, Hasslefree are a class act. Very friendly at shows and events too.

Hasslefree are great but they've been suffering from a few issues for the past few years. Staff health problems has caused some occasional big delays in shipping, and inability to get metal versions of their sculpts out so you can only get pricy resin versions of their newer stuff.

Also I suspect their rate of releases is going to tank with Kev White joining Forgeworld and them trying to find new sculptors to work with.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Zark the Damned posted:

Also I suspect their rate of releases is going to tank with Kev White joining Forgeworld and them trying to find new sculptors to work with.

Isn't Kev essentially Hasslefree?

Eagerly awaiting Horus Lupercal (skyclad) version.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
It sometimes feels like Kev White is the entirety of the small mini producer market, not just Hasslefree. I see his name stamped on tabs from all sorts of places.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Z the IVth posted:

Isn't Kev essentially Hasslefree?

Eagerly awaiting Horus Lupercal (skyclad) version.

Mostly? They’ve got some sculpts to keep releases going for a while, as Kev tends to build a great backlog.

As for him working everywhere: yeah, that’s kind of a thing with most freelance professional sculptors who aren’t attached to a particular gameline.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Nancy posted:

It sometimes feels like Kev White is the entirety of the small mini producer market, not just Hasslefree. I see his name stamped on tabs from all sorts of places.

He did a lot of the old Void line.

If you recognise his style you dont even need to read the label to know a mini is his.

It's quite refreshing amidst the current crops of copy pasted 3d designs for printing.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I assume that the 4th player did not make an effort and has to keep leaving the table to avoid ruining photos.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's just a very effective cosplay of obi-wan from empire strikes back

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's just a very effective cosplay of obi-wan from empire strikes back

There's way cooler way to do that:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

There's way cooler way to do that:

That's really well done!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
God Save the Queen!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

lol I thought those were treads at first glance but now that I see she has the FLY keyword I realize they're anti-grav projectors.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Jesus she's OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
here's the source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_xoSNluXgg