Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gohan's going to play around instead of securing the kill again and Goku and Piccolo will shake their heads in disappointment towards their son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh just learned some news. Apparently in Super Hero Videl does have a day job. She's a Martial Arts Teacher.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
another new itty bitty teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48qpf4H8ZO4

videl and gohan paying piccolo for watching pan in stuffed toys and him having no idea why the gently caress it's plushies to the point where it drives him crazy is an amazing bit

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

You're telling me Piccolo knows how to drive but can't hold a phone properly?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I love Piccolo

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Piccolo has a throne. :allears:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Darth TNT posted:

Piccolo has a throne. :allears:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I love that Gohan’s sitting there doing academics in the dumbest outfit imaginable

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Holy poo poo Piccolos clothes power came back too

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TheHan posted:

I love that Gohan’s sitting there doing academics in the dumbest outfit imaginable

Studying is like training, so he's just dressed for the occasion.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
This movie is already amazing

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Yeah I'm think I'm turning a corner on Superhero, I'm extremely down for Gohan and Piccolo have a big goofy romp.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Finished reading the Dragonball manga in its entirety. You can tell that all those chapters were a drain on Toriyama physically because there’s a stretch where the page count gradually struggles to break ten pages before the finale. Even knowing the ending wasn’t “really” end it still kinda tugged at my heart a bit.

It was cool. I like the fights in Dragonball more than Z but Z’s fights are still leaps and bounds above the competition because Toriyama’s one of the all time greats at conveying action, but maybe I might feel different if I was reading the manga and not using the Jump app reader. I think the biggest surprise is how much anime filler left in Kai is stuff I would have assumed was canon. Also interesting was the gunmen who are just loving assholes murdering people because the world is ending and they can blame it on Buu being too much for the anime to put in as is.

I guess overall I have a lot more appreciation/sympathy for the anime, which given the anime’s reputation I never really expected, but given the chapter lengths you can understand how the yelling memes started.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Im gonna bring a WEN BROLY sign to the movie and hold it up until Broly arrives.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I was happy piccolo had a house but he even has a throne like his dad. That’s sweet

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
a man's home is his castle

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gohan is studying insects, eh.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Darko posted:

Gohan is studying insects, eh.

Cell trauma

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You have to imagine Gohan avoids theology out of respect of the others right?

"Look, my dad's the son of Satan, my other dad is a space alien monkey, and I'm best friends with God and personally know several others. Zeus just doesn't hold water, I'm sorry."

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Burkion posted:

"Look, my dad's the son of Satan, my other dad is a space alien monkey, and I'm best friends with God and personally know several others. Zeus just doesn't hold water, I'm sorry."

Both of his dads are Gods. Piccolo absorbed Kami and Goku is a SSG.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darko posted:

Both of his dads are Gods. Piccolo absorbed Kami and Goku is a SSG.

It doesn't seem Piccolo kept the godly powers or status post-fusion sadly, since he can't create Dragon Balls nor sense Godly Ki (both of which Dende, the current God of Earth, can do). Goku is a god of mortal origin though, and quickly ascending to even greater levels at that.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

It doesn't seem Piccolo kept the godly powers or status post-fusion sadly, since he can't create Dragon Balls nor sense Godly Ki (both of which Dende, the current God of Earth, can do). Goku is a god of mortal origin though, and quickly ascending to even greater levels at that.

Piccolo can sense Godly Ki. For instance, he knew Shin was a Kaioshin immediately. He can't do the Dragon Balls thing because he's basically a Warrior Clan Namekian, not a Dragon Clan.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine some fellow scholar came up to Gohan, begging to know the secrets of the afterlife, so Gohan decides to kill him and bring him back with the Dragon Balls.

"...that's a lot more boring than I thought it'd be."

"Yeah, wait til you meet the creators above all. They're kids. Used to only be one, but my dad grabbed another one from somewhere unimportant."

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kurui Reiten posted:

Piccolo can sense Godly Ki. For instance, he knew Shin was a Kaioshin immediately. He can't do the Dragon Balls thing because he's basically a Warrior Clan Namekian, not a Dragon Clan.

Not true! Piccolo couldn't sense Goku's Ki after becoming a Super Saiyan God, in fact he asked Dende to confirm it had worked (thus also confirming Dende can sense it). During the second Goku vs Hit fight, Piccolo realized Goku was in combat because he suddenly couldn't sense his Ki anymore, which meant he had become a Super Saiyan Blue. He didn't know Shin was the Kaioshin immediately either, he felt he was familiar but couldn't quite tell why until a bit later, and IIRC even that was due to Kami's memories.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

Imagine some fellow scholar came up to Gohan, begging to know the secrets of the afterlife, so Gohan decides to kill him and bring him back with the Dragon Balls.

"...that's a lot more boring than I thought it'd be."

"Yeah, wait til you meet the creators above all. They're kids. Used to only be one, but my dad grabbed another one from somewhere unimportant."

Goku accidentally cloning God is still the funniest thing

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Goku accidentally cloning God is still the funniest thing

Bulma did it technically. Truly the most powerful of all.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Burkion posted:

Gohan's mentor, wife, and father-in-law are all the devil. Even his daughter shares her name with a Greek devil.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darko posted:

Bulma did it technically. Truly the most powerful of all.

Bulma did it but Goku is the guy who decided to bring God to God.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/PopeyeTweetsk/status/1532729573678399494?s=20&t=ntWt1MNiMiaTJdNXVnoVeg

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I would pay money to see that fight.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It'd be extremely one sided, Goku has no way of winning once Popeye gets his spinach.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
What if Goku also ate some spinach?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

pik_d posted:

What if Goku also ate some spinach?

Spinach is nothing compared to god ki. Obviously Popeye needs another transformation.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Spinach is nothing compared to god ki. Obviously Popeye needs another transformation.

Popeye the Sailor Moon?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm Popeye the Sailor Man
I'm strongs to the very end
Cuz I'm a Super Saiyan

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Goku could beat comic strip popeye but definitely not animated popeye. That is my official goku vs popeye tier list.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

goku could fight popeye to a standstill but vegeta would be absolutely demolished by popeye

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Look if we reference official Death Battle lore, Goku can not beat Superman but Popeye can defeat One Punch Man. What hope would Goku have against Popeye?

I rest my case.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Popeye opens second can of spinach. Whis and Beerus flee the universe in terror.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDwgUYDjTFw