Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dont mind me, just putting my aryan family on camera to interview with a random argentinian rich dude, alongside his wife in full evening dress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

now we have video chat and everyone hates it.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

now we have video chat and everyone hates it.
I don't hate it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its absolutely awful

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

its absolutely awful

only if ur ugly

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I like video chat.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

akadajet posted:

only if ur ugly

Yes, that describes me.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

akadajet posted:

only if ur ugly
I'm bricky AF but actually like them

y'all are just grumpy butts

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yes, ellie, some of us live in hell. Nothing will ever get better for us. We will only get lonelier and more isolated as we age and fall apart. And we're "grumpy butts" about it.

image tax.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Sorry, that was a little adversarial. I'm just in a mood today.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I hate video chats too. I don't want look at a camera I want to do my laundry while pretending I didn't hear you

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i liked video when I was in the hospital. it was nice to see people. the worst was at a job where boss insisted we all have cameras on for meetings even though we were usually all mostly in the same room

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roosevelt posted:

boss insisted we all have cameras on for meetings even though we were usually all mostly in the same room

uh what

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

yes, ellie, some of us live in hell. Nothing will ever get better for us. We will only get lonelier and more isolated as we age and fall apart. And we're "grumpy butts" about it.

image tax.

Like last night I got drunk and after playing William Tell with a spiderman piñata and a dildo I passed out eating a protein bar and when I woke up hung over I thought I pooped the bed for a second

So, yeah. I understand loneliness, Jonny

However!

Blackpilling yourself about it isn't doing yourself any favors. I've spent the last 11 years putting myself back together after my marriage collapsed and what passed for my mental health right along with it. I was 5150ed so many times I lost count. I overdosed on heroin three times, during one of which I stopped breathing entirely for a couple of minutes.

And I tried to protect myself from disappointment with this sort of doomsaying—hey, no expectations no letdown, right? But I wasn't protecting myself from, I was denying myself. I turned my life into a neverending psychospiritual No Nut November.

Speaking of hell, the last time I did acid it took a turn on me and I was absolutely convinced I had died and was being emotionally tortured in literal Hell. No pitchforks, no brimstone, no bees with teeth, just regret, paranoia and feeling like the biggest dipshit ever because I spent so much time killing myself at various speeds instead of, y'know, taking care of myself. I had my nose so closely pressed to the Doom Wall that I didn't see the—admittedly tall and slippery—ladder just to the left.

So after somewhere between 8 hours and a million years in literal Hell, I figured y'know what? gently caress it. They probably won't let me leave but they can't stop me trying. What the gently caress are they gonna do? Kill me? Torture me for all eternity? Already there. Nothing to lose.

And that's when I figured out that if you don't like being in hell, you can just leave. And when the demons demand to know where you're going you can flip them the bird with one hand while pulling your pants down for a nice semi-moon and say "to gently caress your mom"

Of course when you're no longer absolutely hosed out of your head you call the demon, apologize, and explain yourself, but I'm sure you get the drift here.

Feeling like poo poo isn't a choice, god knows. I feel like poo poo all the time. I feel like there's this arbitrary and finite opportunities for happiness and I've blown all of them and no one is ever going to love me ever again. I've had some major lapses into some really terrible coping behaviors within the past couple of months.

It's a lot of work to stay positive and hopefully and all that happy horseshit, but 1) depression lies 2) even if I am deluding myself and denying objective reality or whatever, so what? "Tomorrow will be better" might not be true, might be ridiculous, but it helps and at least my delusions are cooler than some shithead with "serial entrepreneur" in his LinkedIn bio.

Anyway, I'm going to go barf up what's left of last night's pinot noir and take a shower.

💖

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
more

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

this was back around when facetime came out, and the boss was the kind of guy who took whatever apple was pushing as gospel. there were three of us in kind of a loft area, and one designer who worked remotely. so if we had a meeting with all of us it had to involve microphones. hence even though 3/4 of us could swivel chairs to look at each others dumb faces, we all did it the apple way, the best way, the only way

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Like last night I got drunk and after playing William Tell with a spiderman pińata and a dildo I passed out eating a protein bar and when I woke up hung over I thought I pooped the bed for a second

So, yeah. I understand loneliness, Jonny

However!

Blackpilling yourself about it isn't doing yourself any favors. I've spent the last 11 years putting myself back together after my marriage collapsed and what passed for my mental health right along with it. I was 5150ed so many times I lost count. I overdosed on heroin three times, during one of which I stopped breathing entirely for a couple of minutes.

And I tried to protect myself from disappointment with this sort of doomsaying—hey, no expectations no letdown, right? But I wasn't protecting myself from, I was denying myself. I turned my life into a neverending psychospiritual No Nut November.

Speaking of hell, the last time I did acid it took a turn on me and I was absolutely convinced I had died and was being emotionally tortured in literal Hell. No pitchforks, no brimstone, no bees with teeth, just regret, paranoia and feeling like the biggest dipshit ever because I spent so much time killing myself at various speeds instead of, y'know, taking care of myself. I had my nose so closely pressed to the Doom Wall that I didn't see the—admittedly tall and slippery—ladder just to the left.

So after somewhere between 8 hours and a million years in literal Hell, I figured y'know what? gently caress it. They probably won't let me leave but they can't stop me trying. What the gently caress are they gonna do? Kill me? Torture me for all eternity? Already there. Nothing to lose.

And that's when I figured out that if you don't like being in hell, you can just leave. And when the demons demand to know where you're going you can flip them the bird with one hand while pulling your pants down for a nice semi-moon and say "to gently caress your mom"

Of course when you're no longer absolutely hosed out of your head you call the demon, apologize, and explain yourself, but I'm sure you get the drift here.

Feeling like poo poo isn't a choice, god knows. I feel like poo poo all the time. I feel like there's this arbitrary and finite opportunities for happiness and I've blown all of them and no one is ever going to love me ever again. I've had some major lapses into some really terrible coping behaviors within the past couple of months.

It's a lot of work to stay positive and hopefully and all that happy horseshit, but 1) depression lies 2) even if I am deluding myself and denying objective reality or whatever, so what? "Tomorrow will be better" might not be true, might be ridiculous, but it helps and at least my delusions are cooler than some shithead with "serial entrepreneur" in his LinkedIn bio.

Anyway, I'm going to go barf up what's left of last night's pinot noir and take a shower.

💖

<3

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

tag yourself I'm the happy victim (gonna need a larger version of this)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

thankyou for sharing mate

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

did you ever watch midnight gospel (netflix)?

the part about the clear light of mesoamerican/buddhist thought is amazing

the interconnectedness (ref: TooL) of everything and that death is a joining was really helpful in dealing with the death of others and my own inevitable one

no shame in your post m8, it resonated and i felt as if one

very different from a dxm trip though, where i feel entirely contained within my body and aware of its foibles, if my bp is too high or i'm fat from too much drank, good check-in but bad for healthy

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

thanks for sharing that. <3 u ellie.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

thanks ellie for the good post

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

Don't get used to it 😜

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Tax

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Don't get used to it 😜

I for one was surprised!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Captain Foo posted:

exception that proves the rule imo

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

rotor posted:

go to sleep old man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFgNF0X19XM

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

rotor posted:

rude and hurtful

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

rude and hurtful

ellie you know i love and admire you and am just Giving You The Business

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFqgRFal35A

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

bad news microsoft has no plans to retire teams

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao looking like a still from an old SNL sketch

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

AtomD posted:

bad news microsoft has no plans to retire teams

pfff, please. they’ll wait until it has peak adoption, then they sunset it and make everyone convert over to Mixer for Business

rip lync, Skype and skype4b

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/jdchristopher/status/1533089680274731010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

have we determined if this is too long to be a thread title?