Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I too shitposted all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Kazinsal posted:

I too shitposted all day

same except now im cooking dinner

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

CPColin posted:

cjs: Our weekly meeting with the laughable fifteen-minute time slot started with nine minutes of slowly polling everybody's ice cream preferences and ended with six minutes of Wordle, with four minutes in the middle that actually contained items from the agenda.

got it in four today, average for me

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

cjs: competitor released a cool thing and i am tryin not to be jealous about that

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

everyone watch RRR.

that is all.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

akadajet posted:

you work at a pre-school?

A university, so yes.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

KidDynamite posted:

everyone watch RRR.

that is all.

im stoked, i got both rrr and the unbearable weight of massive talent on deck.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

KidDynamite posted:

everyone watch RRR.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

the unbearable weight of massive talent on deck.

temper your excitement. it isn't terrible, but I also fell asleep watching it sober.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

KidDynamite posted:

everyone watch RRR.

that is all.

ah, is it on netflix now?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lmfao if you still have a netflix account in june 2022. cmon son

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

cmon buddy not everybody took the evangelism dub as hard as you did

im always like five minutes from canceling our netflix but never do 🤷‍♀️

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the bitrate is loving dogshit. it looks bad on my 720p 40" from 2009. i have no idea how you fuckos with 60" 4k hdr sets tolerate it. cancel netflix and just download thing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

the bitrate is loving dogshit. it looks bad on my 720p 40" from 2009. i have no idea how you fuckos with 60" 4k hdr sets tolerate it. cancel netflix and just download thing.

I’ve probably asked this a million times at this point but this month has three paycheques and I’ve been eying a synology to act as a combo seed box / plex server / iCloud replacement but idk which one has enough juice for it

if I have to build a separate computer I think I would rather pay the fee

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ds420+

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jonny 290 posted:

i tried finding a copy a couple months ago but couldn't find a good one

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

is the reason to go 4 bay because you can do cheaper disks and raid 5 instead of two way more expensive disks?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
yes

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

is the reason to go 4 bay because you can do cheaper disks and raid 5 instead of two way more expensive disks?

that and i've experienced bad runs in disks three times in the workplace, n+1 for sanity, get another of the same disk as a cold spare from somewhere else

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

dope, looks just about right

thanks!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

i just download the linux iso version of the netflix shows i want to watch

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
correctamundo. i run 4x 8t easystores in mine and have run it really hard, and they're still good.

the 420+ series just can't do transcoding, which isn't really a big deal. I went full yospos and now i run plex on my 6700k linux box and mount the NAS via NFS for the movies, so i can transcode anything i want, but that was just because it offended me on principle. direct play will work fine all day long and synos only draw like 20-30w maybe. easy on the power bill.

protip: get a couple cheap 256g NVME sticks and set up the cache drive. it increases iops massively for when you're using it as a Time Machine target.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have an unraid setup and i like it a lot. probably the best $50 i've spent on computer nerd stuff

of course it helps that i had the computer and some disks sitting around and then just added storage, nvme, etc over the course of a year or two. it's old a f so certainly not the most power efficient but it sure does do all the needfuls

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
my 420+ transcodes plex just fine, but i'm generally the only one using it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stringent posted:

my 420+ transcodes plex just fine, but i'm generally the only one using it

perfect, if the tv is on at all it’s either one with whatever the kids are watching or one that me and the missus are watching upstairs

I wish I could cut YouTube tv but I need live sports and news

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

c midnight thoughts s:

bill stickers is innocent

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Yeah I'm torrenting that stuff, if I wanted to pay money to get poo poo on it'd be by prettier people

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pollyanna posted:

c midnight thoughts s:

bill stickers is innocent

had this one a couple weeks ago

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

netflix is also unrepentant about giving chappelle a platform

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The Fool posted:

this is actually why i cancelled my poo poo, yeah. the eva poo poo was a running joke but i shut it down over dave, same as i instantly cancelled my spotify over rogan.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

The Fool posted:

Ya that's what I meant. And after that they released the Gervais special they had been sitting on for a while right during a huge spike in anti-trans sentiment

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

this is actually why i cancelled my poo poo, yeah. the eva poo poo was a running joke but i shut it down over dave, same as i instantly cancelled my spotify over rogan.

this kind of thing is also why i stopped paying taxes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh shush you dont have to pay taxes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you should pay your US taxes once, as a prank

like do the forms and poo poo but just send them a check for 69 cents or 4.20 or something

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fun fact your a us taxpayer even if you owe & pay $0 in taxes, as long as you file the forms

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: last day at old job im not doing anything helpful

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’ve probably asked this a million times at this point but this month has three paycheques and I’ve been eying a synology to act as a combo seed box / plex server / iCloud replacement but idk which one has enough juice for it

if I have to build a separate computer I think I would rather pay the fee

my DS220+ works fine for this ime

but yeah it's way cheaper to just cancel all your streaming services and start paying for usenet and a vpn

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hbag posted:

my DS220+ works fine for this ime

but yeah it's way cheaper to just cancel all your streaming services and start paying for usenet and a vpn

one does after all have the time to do a lot of piracy janitoring if one is awake 23 hours a day

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what janitoring lol. i copy a link, post it into qbittorrent and i get a text message 18 minutes later when it's done downloading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

what janitoring lol. i copy a link, post it into qbittorrent and i get a text message 18 minutes later when it's done downloading

how long did it take to setup the text messaging tho lol