Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

chumby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park
Trillian

people being excited about getting broadband so they could leave their AIM away messages up all day

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

nudgenudgetilt posted:

my late cat louis was the most loving attention whore of a cat i've ever see. had a bunch of goons over to my place for a party and he was in love with everyone.

everyone except Uppity Catamite (no clue what his username is now). louis kept going straight for the guy trying to bite and attack him. only time i'd ever seen the little dude get aggressive

Maybe they smelled really tasty?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
just heard the loving skype call music for the first time in like a decade from the boys. holy poo poo. that song BANGED

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

those corded telephone handsets on the back of airplane seats with a slot to swipe your credit card if you wanted to call someone for a dollar a minute

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have the cisco PSHH PSSH PSSH AHH AHH AHH AHH music on my new phone line and its sick lmao

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Jonny 290 posted:

i have the cisco PSHH PSSH PSSH AHH AHH AHH AHH music on my new phone line and its sick lmao

theres always the trump card in hold music, if you want to be a jerk

https://soundcloud.com/user-237714155/sales-call-abyss

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

lol :wth: it still exists, but

> Trillian is easy-to-use, HIPAA-compliant instant messaging for people, business, and healthcare

maybe that's just them growing up together with the target audience

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Girls doing duckface in photos. Glad that trend ended.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
“thank you for your opinion on women” - no one, ever

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

scsi scanners

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

nudgenudgetilt posted:

scsi scanners

LPT port storage devices

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
parallel port Ethernet devices

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

having to give a gently caress about disk geometry

bad blocks labels

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
short-stroking hard drives to make them read faster

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Fart Sandwiches posted:

“thank you for your opinion on women” - no one, ever

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

I downloaded a fullband 320kbps stereo MP3 of that song a while ago and need an excuse to use it, I should throw it on our phone system at work so people can listen to glorious high definition Opus Number One

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
all that and its an mp3??

tech poo poo i just remembered: opus

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Raluek posted:

all that and its an mp3??

tech poo poo i just remembered: opus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7xn5zeJ4D4

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
yeah i know what it is. one neat thing about it being a youtube link is that if you ytdl it with the -x option, you'll get an opus!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

myspace top 8

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

nudgenudgetilt posted:

scsi scanners

How are you gonna make your scanner play Ode to Joy if you can't set the SCSI ID to 0?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Jabor posted:

Fax me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jabor posted:

i'll do you one better, one time at the comp shop i ordered some 500gb WD platters and they came in and had 808.8 GB labels on them. sure enough they formatted to exactly that. WD took some 1T's and bios hacked them to be that size to celebrate chinese new year one year.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
ResEdit

I spent an inordinate amount of time loving with icons in ResEdit as a child

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Progressive JPEG posted:

those corded telephone handsets on the back of airplane seats with a slot to swipe your credit card if you wanted to call someone for a dollar a minute
hell yea. i would love to read on how those worked. satellite I assume

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

nudgenudgetilt posted:

having to give a gently caress about disk geometry

A million years ago I had a summer job doing data entry for this guy who did crop dusting. He had some ancient (even for the time) PC with a NEC v30 CPU. Even with that it seemed much slower that it should have been. I brought in some utility programs and ran some tests, and whoever originally formatted the HDD had used literally the worst possible sector interleave. I copied everything off to floppies and reformatted it, and made everything much faster.

So, lol, remember having to set your interleave? :corsair:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i'll do you one better, one time at the comp shop i ordered some 500gb WD platters and they came in and had 808.8 GB labels on them. sure enough they formatted to exactly that. WD took some 1T's and bios hacked them to be that size to celebrate chinese new year one year.

wow what a celebration, party time!!!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

that is cool

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

that's fun

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

teen witch posted:

ResEdit

I spent an inordinate amount of time loving with icons in ResEdit as a child

you could use ResEdit to create escape velocity mods, all the ships stats and stuff were stored in the data fork of some file or other.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

you could use ResEdit to create escape velocity mods, all the ships stats and stuff were stored in the data fork of some file or other.

this was real cool because if you downloaded an escape velocity mod as a zip file and unzipped it on windows, it'd literally be an empty file

you needed to use some special converter to actually extract the resource fork part of the zip file into whatever format the windows version used

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

oh dang i completely forgot about that, been like 20 years?

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

this and the neko widget that would chase your mouse pointer around and then take a nap.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

holy poo poo

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

sorta works in wine. little guy can't land on any windows so hit just chills at the bottom of the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

this and the neko widget that would chase your mouse pointer around and then take a nap.

what about that thing for windows 95??? that would put some bikini lady on your desktop who would mince about acting “sexy”