Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I don't manually pick my legend like a sicko so I don't get jumpmaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I can count the number of times I haven't been jumpmaster on one hand this season. Maybe even from last season too.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I always drop Antenna, I don't know why

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Reek posted:

the thing that confuses me whenever this comes up is, are you guys not getting jumpmaster like 75% of the time? I pretty much always get it or get passed it and drop countdown or wherever. Just make sure a couple squads are heading in that direction and go kill them, then rotate into fragment or kill the people rotating out. The other 25% just drop fragment, its fun too.

the only drop I really hate rn is the construction building that was just mentioned because it seems like 4 squads are dropping there every game now and its terrible unless you win the RNG mini game

If you confirm your character pick it'll preferentially give you the jumpmaster role if the other two are afk. If you don't want to be jumpmaster pick your character by bringing it up on the loadout screen and then afk in the pick phase.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

I always drop Antenna, I don't know why

I like to drop Ship Fall and then run over and kill whoever decided to drop Antenna.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

resistentialism posted:

If you confirm your character pick it'll preferentially give you the jumpmaster role if the other two are afk. If you don't want to be jumpmaster pick your character by bringing it up on the loadout screen and then afk in the pick phase.

I've been wondering from day one why I'm Jumpmaster almost all the time!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

more specifically the last person to pick is jumpmaster, unless they're AFK then it's the second person to pick, unless they're AFK then it's the first person to pick, unless they're AFK then it's the last person to pick even though they're AFK

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
And there's an icon on the character select screen that shows who the JM is; you can see it change as people AFK.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I was afraid to try the bochek since coming back but I picked one up for a marskman challenge and its pretty fun! Idk why I thought the arrows would be slow as poo poo or something.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
very popular with valk because there's no sound or indicator where the arrows are coming from, so if you can sneak into a high position and start shooting down on someone unaware you can get away with it for a longer time sometimes.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Late on character chat but don't sleep on Ash, if you are attentive she can give you more info then crypto can, potentially telling you where the last team is at or what areas are active fight zones long before you'd be in drone or earshot range.

Plus her abilities are all top tier for poke and repositioning out of a bad fight or engaging on a good knock.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
On console it's a bit different as you can't tab out and do something else, so generally the bald Wraith will instantly confirm their character selection when it's their turn for that chance to throw the team into Fragment.

The whole jumpmaster culture is pretty weird all around. If you ping something that's not Fragment/instadrop in pubs, randos will generally drop solo, die right away and disconnect. The best solution for going somewhere else seems to be not pinging where until after you've jumped, as this generally leads people to not go solo for some reason.

Next is perhaps a European oddity: if you solo queue and get a British duo on your team, they will very often both pass on the jumpmaster role before readying up to drop solo, and then fly off somewhere without pinging. Generally they will not use pings at all, and you will not hear from them until they die and are ready to let you know it's in fact your fault.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tokubetsu posted:

I was afraid to try the bochek since coming back but I picked one up for a marskman challenge and its pretty fun! Idk why I thought the arrows would be slow as poo poo or something.

taken from the wiki are the speeds at which the arrow travels:

no draw arrow

254 m/s

full draw arrow

711.2 m/s

For comparison, the 30-30 Repeater is 736.6 m/s and the Longbow is 774.7 m/s, one also a marksman weapon and the other a sniper rifle.

As a baseline comparison, the R-301 (the weapon the devs consider the standard of sorts) is only 553 m/s bullet speed.

So yeah the arrows actually travel real fuckin' fast.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I've a friend good enough at the bocek he can regularly hit people during valk ults/balloons from 200-300m away and just in general pop heads consistently with it.

It's a very good weapon and not needing to reload means you don't need to let off the pressure unlike something like the charge rifle where after firing 4 times in a row they are free to take a stroll in the open for several minutes during it's reload.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I'd have honestly bet money on the arrows having less drop than other weapons. Maybe it's something to do with the projectile size making it easier to land shots? Who knows.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arrows absolutely have a not-so-soft limit on how far you can fire them before they just plummet to the ground, I'm not entirely sure of the range but it's generally around where only snipers can reliably hit someone even if they're standing still. They go surprisingly far still though!

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Is there any way to check my stats for total wins across all characters? Or is it all separated out?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Click “view stats” under your name in the lobby.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yah, if you hover your mouse over it, it'll show you your winrate.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

They should put a computer-controlled pilot in fragment that just instantly shreds anyone who goes into the town

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

They should put a computer-controlled pilot in fragment that just instantly shreds anyone who goes into the town

New LTM: Worlds Edge only, 19 teams + 3 player pilots that spawn in fragment with preset gear.

Everyone will still drop fragment.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Can someone teach me how to scale walls with a controller? I swear, even when I pick Revenant, I have trouble climbing up on buildings etc. I've seen players scale 2 story buildings just fine, and I can hardly get over a door ::confused:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

Can someone teach me how to scale walls with a controller? I swear, even when I pick Revenant, I have trouble climbing up on buildings etc. I've seen players scale 2 story buildings just fine, and I can hardly get over a door ::confused:

It's the same as climbing anything else, just jump into the wall and he'll scale it until he either falls off or reaches the top.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah but for some reason my characters can't climb very high? Should I look up, straight at the wall? Start looking at the wall and then flick up towards the sky? I have no idea. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

Yeah but for some reason my characters can't climb very high? Should I look up, straight at the wall? Start looking at the wall and then flick up towards the sky? I have no idea. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

Run towards the wall and press and hold the jump button, you should climb quite naturally. Most characters don't climb all that high but Revenant is a freakshow. Are you sure you're not climbing a wall that has an obstruction above you?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Where you look after beginning to climb doesn't really impact anything. Most characters can't climb for very long but often there are small ledges/objects you can get on top of and stand on, which resets the "stamina" you have for climbing.

Worth mentioning on the topic of climbing is that there's a bug with the teleporters that appear under IMC Armories on Storm Point. If you use the teleporter your character's climbing will be gimped for the rest of the match, as the final part of the climbing animation where you mount on top of something stops working and you just fall down instead. It's been like this ever since the season started. Better to just do something else if your squad starts fighting robots without you.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
allegedly they fixed that

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Oh yeah I haven't played yet this week so I wasn't aware, that's good.

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1534227044908683264

They claim to finally have taken out the Newcastle *THUD* as well.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Run towards the wall and press and hold the jump button, you should climb quite naturally. Most characters don't climb all that high but Revenant is a freakshow. Are you sure you're not climbing a wall that has an obstruction above you?

Don't think I'm holding the jump button, so that might be it. I'll try and run op some walls later today.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
I feel like the bocek hip fire is pretty good for close range, based on having decent success when I pick up a bocek during a contested drop. Could also just be the fact that charging the bow gives me a little bit of time to line up my shot better than my usual spray and pray instincts though.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
They're adding Loba to Apex Mobile and her alternate abilities (yes, characters have alternates!) include being able to loot your teammate's banner from a Black Market :3

additionally she can see high-value death boxes through walls like loot, get extra loot from blue supply boxes, throwing her jump drive quicker (but not being able to activate it early), seeing enemies who have picked up high value loot through walls, and not having weapons count towards your black market picks.

Let her loot banners from the market on PC!!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sai-kun posted:

Let her loot banners from the market on PC!!!

This would make Crypto even more useless than he already is.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Kinda like pubg, respawn's PC efforts are really clowned on by apex's mobile division.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Crypto kinda owns actually, EMP is one of the best counters for Gibby/Valk plays. Turn off their bubble and they go down real fast

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
crytpo has the only good skin in the game

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Crypto's ult should be changed to "rug pull" that deletes everyone's crafting mats.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Crypto owns for being able to respawn teammates quickly into the middle of a huge three party fight while i sit giggling in a bush 100 miles away

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

ZeusCannon posted:

Crypto owns for being able to respawn teammates quickly into the middle of a huge three party fight while i sit giggling in a bush 100 miles away
Particularly mobile respawn sniping.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Just want to randomly say that the theme of the BP this season is boring as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Tokubetsu posted:

Just want to randomly say that the theme of the BP this season is boring as hell.

All of the early stuff screamed "Super Heroes!" And I feel like they could have gone so much further with that.