Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Text:
Devoted seeker after true wisdom
know this we are watching you.

Spoiler link:
https://noita.fandom.com/wiki/Game_Lore#Secret_Messages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Thanks!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
those messages have been in for a long time and never got changed, even after all the various patches and updates

i still wonder if we'll ever find out if the eyes / cauldron had a purpose other than being weird.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I'm in the fungal caverns off of the coal pits and a puddle of water turned golden and started turning all the soil nearby into gold

I think the midas recipe for this seed must be like water + goo + toxic sludge or something, there was nothing special spilled in there

Dont suppose you recorded what the seed was?

Does anyone have noted down any seeds that are interesting in some way?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

one I just rolled: 323337005 spawns you with a polymorph flask which, handy for insta-killing dangerous enemies. Especially since near the entrance of the Mines are two alchemy prefabs so you might wanna get rid of the fire/lightning mages before they kill you and/or destroy everything. You can easily mix Midas Goo (Accel+Lev+WormPheremone in this seed) and there's also a pouch of Weird Fungus somewhere in there if you wanna fuckaround with reality shifting.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I threw my player/world data into a savescum folder before I splatted that one because it was so bizarre. I'll see if I can extract the seed tomorrow and post it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think I turned my blood into acid? I was holding a flask of acid and did a fungal shift to see what happened.

What happened is that I instantly died :ohdear:

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Zamujasa posted:

those messages have been in for a long time and never got changed, even after all the various patches and updates

i still wonder if we'll ever find out if the eyes / cauldron had a purpose other than being weird.
One of the devs, hempuli, was in a streamer's chat some time ago and said that the devs had a deal that they can just add puzzles and easter eggs into the game without needing confirmation from the others. As a result hempuli was under the impression that the Eyes puzzle was "complete" and so solvable, but even he doesn't know for sure or what it's supposed to do.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Jerusalem posted:

I think I turned my blood into acid? I was holding a flask of acid and did a fungal shift to see what happened.

What happened is that I instantly died :ohdear:

whenever a shift occurs, the game spawns some of the material around the player. this can be amusing/fatal especially if you forget, as you've discovered.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

silentsnack posted:

whenever a shift occurs, the game spawns some of the material around the player. this can be amusing/fatal especially if you forget, as you've discovered.

Huh, I never noticed that before, neat!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahaha, finally an early game good selection of wands. It's basic but it's devastatingly effective!

It's so powerful and with such a good range that I feel like I will never be at threat again, and can start getting a little reckless, and my hubris will never prove my undoi-

I ran into the blinding guys who knocked me next to a room full of enemies who were chilling in a pool of ambrosia.... :cripes:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Lost a really good run where I had greek letters to infinitely cast circle of vigor to being polymorphed.

Don't fight near polymorph potions.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Hello everybody.

Worm: https://i.imgur.com/6U7w2Dn.mp4

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

im become death, destroyer (worms)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love how the lava was like,"Oh poo poo this looks like a party, let's join in!"

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Wurmsplosion destroyed most of the terrain and flight control suffers at bit when running at 1FP30S

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody else get justifiably mad when they're greeted by this bullshit at the start of a game?

How the gently caress am I supposed to skateboard down into the mines on this? :mad:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the F is for all the sick skateboard tricks you won't be doing

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Anybody else get justifiably mad when they're greeted by this bullshit at the start of a game?

How the gently caress am I supposed to skateboard down into the mines on this? :mad:

if you kick an item from the right position you can launch it almost straight up and give it some backspin (depending on your angle relative to the object's center-of-mass, from this perspective you'd need to be on the top/left side facing rightward) and then quickly jump and kick it again to send it flying

or you can fumble and jump under/into it and get stuck in a comically impossible position where you're standing on the cart/etc and it's resting on top of your head, and the game just shrugs and leave you stationary in the air for a couple of seconds before deciding you're stuck and giving you a mulligan on the laws of physics

e: check this poo poo in cinematic ~w i d e s c r e e n~

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 9, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

silentsnack posted:

giving you a mulligan on the laws of physics

The Noita experience :hai:

Zamujasa posted:

the F is for all the sick skateboard tricks you won't be doing

Goddammit :xd:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
honestly there needs to be a mod that does nothing but watch the initial cart, determine if it physics-kills an enemy on the way down, and if so just says nice.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Does anyone else shoot all three lamps on the way in?

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

sebmojo posted:

Every time, without fail.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Only if I don't need to scoop up pixels of water into an emptied flask. Stupid polymorphine

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Jerusalem posted:

The Noita experience :hai:

Physics in noita is beautiful
https://i.imgur.com/3ku9Gp4.mp4

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

sebmojo posted:

i tend to shoot the rocks above them, as they're uniquely breakable in the same way ice is

the cart is always kicked down though

animatorZed posted:

Physics in noita is beautiful

the absolute most satisfying thing in this game is when you obliterate an enemy so hard everything around them goes flying

see also: kicking enemies with never skip leg day (or, god forbid, two NSLD)

e: also got another win last night :dance: the game wanted me to take glass cannon after the jungle but i had to resist

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Zamujasa posted:

see also: kicking enemies with never skip leg day (or, god forbid, two NSLD)

Just two?

https://i.imgur.com/L6XgII8.mp4

bonus
https://i.imgur.com/2c5lpWz.mp4

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the best enemies for that are the big green spiders, the limbs just go flying everywhere. it's like confetti.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Noita: abstract art generator

https://i.imgur.com/dYExnRk.mp4

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i think i've bought fireworks like that before

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I found a wand that always casts "fireball thrower" and casts 4 spells per click, and it's full of the bouncy green bolts

I know what is going to happen if I use it. I will hurt myself and die. But I can't not use it. I understand the implied horror of rubber bouncy balls that poo poo out deadly flames as they dance around the terrain. Completely out of my control. Moving faster than I can move myself.

I can read the wand without casting it, and know that it will ruin me. But, man, that poo poo sounds wild and I gotta see it in motion. Holy poo poo, it's even more bonkers than I thought! It deletes all living things on screen, detonates all explosives, and removes all terrain that isn't very dense rock or metal.

Time to start a new run.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I found a wand that always casts "fireball thrower" and casts 4 spells per click, and it's full of the bouncy green bolts

I know what is going to happen if I use it. I will hurt myself and die. But I can't not use it. I understand the implied horror of rubber bouncy balls that poo poo out deadly flames as they dance around the terrain. Completely out of my control. Moving faster than I can move myself.

I can read the wand without casting it, and know that it will ruin me. But, man, that poo poo sounds wild and I gotta see it in motion. Holy poo poo, it's even more bonkers than I thought! It deletes all living things on screen, detonates all explosives, and removes all terrain that isn't very dense rock or metal.

Time to start a new run.

this is true noita :allears:

now imagine that wand with fire and explosion immunity :unsmigghh:

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I can read the wand without casting it, and know that it will ruin me. But, man, that poo poo sounds wild and I gotta see it in motion. Holy poo poo,

Time to start a new run.

Thats noita

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
drat, talk about close calls...
https://i.imgur.com/TxXca8D.mp4

e:
literally one and two minutes after that:
https://i.imgur.com/DOrXzsT.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/ql6krbJ.mp4

everyone should play nightmare mode, fun for the whole family!

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 14, 2022

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
a version of nightmare without the various damage buffs everything gets and the world fuckery would be rad. edit everywhere, three random perks, a ton of wands, and enemies with perks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Time to start a new run.

This is the mindset that these weirdo little magicians need to survive in their hosed up little world :hai:

Also it's a hosed up little world thanks to the mindset of these weirdo little magicians :hai:

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Jerusalem posted:

Also it's a hosed up little world thanks to the mindset of these weirdo little magicians :hai:

It definitely is
https://i.imgur.com/ADq6E5q.mp4

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I doubt this is news to any of you, but I’ve been getting more serious about actually beating this game and I’m really surprised at how much meat is on these bones. I’ve been playing on and off since it first hit steam, but it was always my “gently caress around and make funny things happen” palette cleanser. I got a solid 120 hours out of the game doing that, which is pretty impressive imo. I always thought it was too random and too many wacky deaths were out of my control, but honestly it feels a lot like a traditional roguelike with the amount careful and knowledgeable play can throw things in your favor.

I had been purposefully avoiding watching skilled players as I wanted to figure things out emergently but I’m glad I broke down and started watching some yt videos. There’s so many nuances to the gameplay that just never clicked, but now that I get it fungal caverns and hiisi base don’t feel nearly as dangerous. I will kill the end boss and I will get to the real game, nightmare mode.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

ayo wtf never seen this happen before

seed is 1133559675 if it matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Well I found a fun seed. I kinda don't want to spoil the surprise, just load it up and explore the mines for a while. This is the first time I have seen something like this in about 100 hours of playing.
The recipe for alchemic precursor is Blood, Water, and rotten meat in this seed.