Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I know horizon isn’t as bad as imps think despite being an Ubisoft game or whatever. Because when all the lovely crafting and stealth elements showed up in Elden ring they were mysteriously good now despite being as boring and lovely as every other game that does them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

i can tell if a game is good or not after only 10 seconds of footage

Nice!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

I know horizon isn’t as bad as imps think despite being an Ubisoft game or whatever. Because when all the lovely crafting and stealth elements showed up in Elden ring they were mysteriously good now despite being as boring and lovely as every other game that does them

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

EmmyOk posted:

they were mysteriously good because that is a good game, whereas horizon is bad. topic locked.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i liked horizon

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That Little Demon posted:

they were mysteriously good because that is a good game, whereas horizon is bad. topic locked.

It’s a good game and those elements are bad and it would be better without them. Crafting sleeping arrows ftl

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
emmy is correct and BOTW is another great example of a game with bad ubisoft mechanics that are somehow heralded as amazing innovations in game design

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
your avatar sucks

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

worms butthole guy posted:

emmy is correct and BOTW is another great example of a game with bad ubisoft mechanics that are somehow heralded as amazing innovations in game design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WSe9ugpXIw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You’re actually quite dangerously unhinged

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat I don’t even have to own Emmy anymore. Nothing is more brutal than Fixins agreeing with one of your posts.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

drat I don’t even have to own Emmy anymore. Nothing is more brutal than Fixins agreeing with one of your posts.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

this post could only be the product of a sick mind

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Even Christ had some bum apostles

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Dead giveaway

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
can a real rear end mod ban methodis this attention seeking poo poo sucks rear end

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Emmy we still love you we’re just worried

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Lol. Get their rear end

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

mycophobia posted:

Lol. Get their rear end

They're not getting anyone's rear end. They're showing their whole rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i can tell if a game is good or not after only 10 seconds of footage

i can tell by the UI

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

It's bc one is Japanese and one is French Canadian and everyone here is mad loving racist against the Quebecois myself included.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Elden Ring had stealth?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Every souls game has stealth, it's just sneaking up behind a guy and backstabbing them.

The crafting seemed kind of dumb imo but it doesn't really get in the way of anything so whatever.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Emmy, when I came to post one morning, your hands were all on the DualShock. Horizon zero west was in the PlayStation. Disgusting

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I got the tude now posted:

Emmy, when I came to post one morning, your hands were all on the DualShock. Horizon zero west was in the PlayStation. Disgusting

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

HZD isn't bad because there's crafting and stealth, or because there's Farcry-style outposts, it's bad because it does them badly. The crafting is an afterthought, the stealth becomes irrelevant a couple hours in when the robot dinosaurs become damage sponges, and the outposts are boring because fighting humans is even less interesting than robot dinosaurs.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don’t care about horizon zero dawn. I have no plans to play it. The crafting in elden ring is the same and people said that system was good not that the game is good generally.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

did a nyone say crafting in elden ring was good? it was totally whatever nd irrelevant imo

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
no one was raving about crafting in elden ring lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Seltzer posted:

They're not getting anyone's rear end. They're showing their whole rear end

no idea who you are, sorry

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That Little Demon posted:

no one was raving about crafting in elden ring lol

https://twitter.com/insanelybuff/status/1511050371052957698?s=20&t=jndog-bUq3YQjKBTOcZW4g

https://twitter.com/zachhammer/status/1511074829356748804?s=20&t=jndog-bUq3YQjKBTOcZW4g

https://twitter.com/pog_bf/status/1511054052867690499?s=20&t=jndog-bUq3YQjKBTOcZW4g

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lmfao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Elden Ring crafting wasn’t a total waste, but it’s very forgettable

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I wouldn't call that raving, its a passive oh I picked this up randomly lets see what it does, which actually works correctly in the souls like system. you are being pedantic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Also, its bob