Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Roosevelt posted:

insider trading iirc :rolleyes: o the horror

in fact she was not convicted of any financial crime, but of lying to police and obstructing an investigation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs I took a Zyrtec and oh no oh god

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

why? it's just an allergy pill

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Pollyanna posted:

Got the covids?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Fortaleza posted:

Unless the fedex tracking page is full of LIES the parts I need to fix my car's vacuum pump will show up today, could be back on the road this evening :toot:

The UPS tracking for a book I ordered gave no updates for a whole week and just now I got an email saying it's out for delivery with an expected date of yesterday lol

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

akadajet posted:

why? it's just an allergy pill

antihistamines make me sleepy

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I fuckin love fridays

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I love them because the week is over, I hate them because it’s a wfh day for me and the us never actually warmed up to wfh

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i mean i also have divided feelings on fridays because they have the inertia of being a gateway to relative bliss but as a parent of a pre-school child weekends are a loving lot of work. if i want to be a good parent. which i do

so, ultimately, friday yay. anticipatory af

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

I love them because the week is over, I hate them because it’s a wfh day for me and the us never actually warmed up to wfh

just do what i do: lay down on the couch, put the lappy on the floor and gently brush the mousepad when you drift back into conciousness

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’m done with work in 30min and then I’m going to take the kids outside to look for snakes and salamanders and tree frogs :3:

hell yes

and cool bugs!

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

cjs/cOSPOSs: doing an os upgrade. my desktop environment package is broken. I have been dumped into a tty session. I cannot run any apt command successfully because my boot partition is full and generating a new initramfs fails every time. I am a huge dumbass

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

antihistamines make me sleepy

coffee exists to help you through times like these

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

coffee makes my heart skip beats and ruins my sleep schedule later, I’m trying to cut back

also already had some lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

coffee makes my heart skip beats and ruins my sleep schedule later, I’m trying to cut back

sugar free red bull

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/nickw84/status/1534610758331469824

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
did science ever decide if energy drinks were bad? it seemed like the vitamin B blasts were implicated in male cancers or something a while back so i stopped drinking them (plus i never really liked them in the first place) but i don't know if that connection ever panned out

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

FINALLY some programming for people with asd that isn't about faffing about in space

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

akadajet posted:

coffee exists to help you through times like these

or zyrtec-d

I love me some zyrtec meth edition

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Corla Plankun posted:

did science ever decide if energy drinks were bad? it seemed like the vitamin B blasts were implicated in male cancers or something a while back so i stopped drinking them (plus i never really liked them in the first place) but i don't know if that connection ever panned out

it's probably worse for you than regular soda, which is bad for you

nudgenudgetilt posted:

or zyrtec-d

I love me some zyrtec meth edition

i get plain sudafed from the pharmacy all the time because whatever alternative they put on the shelf doesn't loving work

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
phenylephrine more like phonyephrine

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

sir tech

I have had a bowl of ma po tofu and rice, and I fell asleep at least once trying to write this. this Friday is Unproductive

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pollyanna posted:

I love them because the week is over, I hate them because it’s a wfh day for me

i go into the office on fridays because usually everyone else has already hosed off for the week

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have a half day on fridays and we normally go to the taqueria and drink a bunch of tecate

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

THE BRITS!!: ask a stupid question, get a stupid explanation that's 2x-5x longer than the question itself so you can get a stupid answer

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

cjs: might have massively hosed up.

requested a thinkpad instead of a macbook at the new gig, and am learning the day before I start that linux workstations might be verboten. apparently all PCs must run windows and be managed workstations, but had I gotten a mac I'd have been allowed to run it unmanaged.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

time to get your mouse jiggler ready

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

dioxazine posted:

time to get your mouse jiggler ready
https://twitter.com/vineyille/status/736190254487592960?s=21&t=6hpJmsI2Ifp1YamopSPiDA

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

nudgenudgetilt posted:

requested a thinkpad instead of a macbook at the new gig, and am learning the day before I start that linux workstations might be verboten. apparently all PCs must run windows and be managed workstations, but had I gotten a mac I'd have been allowed to run it unmanaged.

condolences, long as you get to run wsl you'll probably be fine, but if they are anal about it you might not get to.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

WSL is objectively good

VS Code's support for container environments is pretty fantastic too

You'll be fine if you can do those things

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

sugar free red bull

mods?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nudgenudgetilt posted:

requested a thinkpad instead of a macbook at the new gig,

lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nudgenudgetilt posted:

you know linux works on a MacBook too right

you numpty lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

in fact she was not convicted of any financial crime, but of lying to police and obstructing an investigation

i feel like if the police can lie and obstruct investigations, then citizens should be able to do the same

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
anyway tldr insurance companies are now requiring any managed windows pc to be fully enrolled in MDE moving forward

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

nudgenudgetilt posted:

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

nudgenudgetilt posted:

thats cause nothing of value happens on a mac

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

sfrb is fine and is in fact the correct Red bull, should you have to drink such things

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I drink these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Shaggar posted:

thats cause nothing of value happens on a mac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noEHHB6rnMI&t=420s