Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

https://www.costco.com/lg-65%22-cla....100761679.html

I've been eyeballing a 65" LG C1 for a while now and heavily contemplating it every time I visit my local store. But now I'm at a crossroads.

Online and in stores it's $1599 but says the price expires 7/4/2022. Knowing that the C1 is a discontinued product from LG and stores are trying to clear existing stock, do I get it now or see if the price goes down for some 4th of July sale?

I bought mine during black Friday for $1799. I don't think it'll go down a ton for July4, and like the other goon said costco will probably refund the difference in 30 days and if it's discontinued might as well give in to FOMO and buy it now unless you really need to get the cheapest deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I'm gonna go buy a chest freezer.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

El Jebus posted:

I want one real bad but my wife CLAIMS we don't need one.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Buy an upright freezer instead.

Chests are great for big bulky things you don't need often, but suck for often accessed goods.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Kaddish posted:

I want one real bad but my wife CLAIMS we don't need one.

Tell your wife I said you do need one. My wife just said you need one, too. Sounds like 3 to 1 in favor of getting a chest freezer.

toplitzin posted:

No.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

toplitzin posted:

Chests are great for big bulky things you don't need often, but suck for often accessed goods.

The chest freezer I got from costco had a raised area on the right side (probably above the actual motor/guts of the unit) and 2 baskets that can slide from side to side. Feels like a nice mix of quick access with the big storage space for bodies or what have you.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chest freezers are more efficient, maybe. You need to inventory well and organize things.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

Chest freezers are more efficient, maybe. You need to inventory well and organize things.

I grew up with one and this is the truth. It legit took us over a decade to figure out a system that worked, and by that point my parents just wanted to get a second basement fridge instead of a chest freezer.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Everybody's inventory problems aren't the chest freezer's fault, lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What are you people talking about when you mean "inventory problems"?

Are you stacking and sorting food to save space, or just chucking things in the freezer from halfway across the room?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

pentyne posted:

Are you stacking and sorting food to save space, or just chucking things in the freezer from halfway across the room?

Yeah, its all bagged and labled and stacked and sorted, but then I only look at the things that are on top.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
It's a box, just but poo poo in it in an orderly fashion.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Here we go again

upright combined fridge freezer or die

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I really just want an upright fridge freezer where the big part is the freezer and the small part is the fridge.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

I really just want an upright fridge freezer where the big part is the freezer and the small part is the fridge.

Tbh this is the way. It's like having a small chest freezer on the bottom and a small fridge on the top. Best of both worlds!

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Does Costco sell refurbished 1960s upright fridge/freezer combos? That's what I really want in a basement unit.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

pentyne posted:

excpt w/ a frozen turkey

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Cithen posted:

Does Costco sell refurbished 1960s upright fridge/freezer combos? That's what I really want in a basement unit.

If a child can’t lock themselves in the fridge and die, it’s too modern

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AKZ posted:

excpt w/ a frozen turkey

:dunkedon:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

El Jebus posted:

I bought a chest freezer.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Way to make things happen, go getter.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
I’m surprised nobody sells like appropriately sized and colored milk crates or some system like that.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I have nesting baskets in my chest freezer and it's super easy to pull out a basket to see what's underneath or pull out what I need. I have a section for bagged goods (Chicken nuggets, cod, shrimp, blueberries, all Costco of course) and one top basket where I put the bread, small things, and frozen individual pizzas.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I want a chest freezer with nothing but bulgogi mandu.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

pseudanonymous posted:

I’m surprised nobody sells like appropriately sized and colored milk crates or some system like that.

These work well

https://www.containerstore.com/s/Recycling-Bins/blue-6-gal.-stackable-recycle-bin-with-white-handle/qd?productId=10032152

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

My grandmother keeps a print out of every single thing in each fridge and freezer that she has, which she updates every time she puts something in or takes it out. I tried doing that, but after about 2 weeks I went to:

pentyne posted:

chucking things in the freezer from halfway across the room?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
going to costco tomorrow. :haibrow:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Chinatown posted:

I might also go back tomorrow and get stuff to fill in the new freezer. Maybe a couple chickens, some frozen pizzas, bag of ice, you know, the basics.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

El Jebus posted:

I might also go back tomorrow and get stuff to fill in the new freezer. Maybe a couple chickens, some frozen pizzas, bag of ice, you know, the basics.

my double STUFFED garlic/jalap olives are extremely low. and i need boneless skinless chicken thighs.

maybe i finally break down and buy a drone, or something else? who knows! such is Costco.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

:same:

More impossible burgers, get my Jif refund, get my executive check that I will surely find the original copy of in my home when I get back

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Saw this in the funny pictures thread:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just lol at everyone who doesn't have a meat memory palace for perfect recall of everything in your chest freezer at every moment in time.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Seems like all this could be avoided with an upright freezer

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If we're going that far, it would technically be solved by not having a Costco membership to avoid the temptation.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Alucard posted:

meat memory palace

:hampants:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Chinatown posted:

Going to Costco tomorrow to buy a tent and then set it up in the dairy chiller to save on home ac costs.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Alucard posted:

If we're going that far, it would technically be solved by not having a Costco membership to avoid the temptation.

Why not just kill myself dead then

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Soul Dentist posted:

Seems like all this could be avoided with an upright freezer

Less efficient

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BigPaddy posted:

Going to Costco tomorrow to buy a tent and then set it up in the dairy chiller to save on home ac costs.

just get a chest freezer and camp inside and imagine you are at Everest base camp

plz do not doxx me liek this