Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

back in the day i drank a lot of seven* and seven** though

i always called this a "polish fifteen" in high school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Late to the Buddhism/Daoism talk from yesterday but what do y'all think of Alan Watts?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: made and drank an old fashioned while putting in my timesheets for the week. Work sucks gently caress work.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Cat Face Joe posted:

*nodding but clearly waiting for my turn to talk*

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
alan watts glomped onto zen cuz he was, and it cannot be overstated, an absolutely gigantic weeb. just the hugest fuckin weeb in all christendom. he prolly would've done better w/ a less rigidly hierarchical part of buddhism than zen and he's responsible for a lot of the depiction of zen as not rigidly hierarchical

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

its my belief that what westerners find attractive in zen buddhism are the echoes and shadows of taoism contained in it.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

idk bdid have you met smoka? she really likes anime and i never saw alan watts post baki clips

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

its my belief that what westerners find attractive in zen buddhism are the echoes and shadows of taoism contained in it.

*lookin at u with some side eye buddy*

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

idk bdid have you met smoka? she really likes anime and i never saw alan watts post baki clips

he should tho

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
cjs: made a nice blended coffee to get through the last bit of the work week and gently caress it, i dont want to work right now

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

*lookin at u with some side eye buddy*

look away, dixie lamb

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Achmed Jones posted:

they invented anime in 1956 and anime for adults around the 70s, he missed it basically

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

a likely excuse, real weebs woulda been watchin ashita no joe or whatever

stolen valor imo

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

guy about to invent boba: wow this tea is really good, but what if I could gag on it?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
literally named after tits, come on

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

guy about to invent boba: wow this tea is really good, but what if I could gag on it?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

boba is good op.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

bob dobbs is dead posted:

literally named after tits, come on
just because I like titties doesn't mean I'm gonna like tit teas

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I like milk tea but I don't always get the little balls in it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

a likely excuse, real weebs woulda been watchin ashita no joe or whatever

stolen valor imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQLVLzsoV5E&t=42s

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

my great-uncle is one of the west's leading if not top scholar of tibetan buddhism

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

my great-uncle is one of the west's leading if not top scholar of tibetan buddhism

my uncle works for nintendo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

blueberry yuzu lemonade slurpee from 7-11 is some insanely sour stuff - it’s good if you like sour!!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

blueberry yuzu lemonade slurpee from 7-11 is some insanely sour stuff - it’s good if you like sour!!

I haven't had a slurpee in fuckin ages, they closed the closest 7-11 because it was scary and people kept getting stabbed

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

that stinks :( it’s nice on a weekend for a treat

they closed a few here in rough areas but usually another one a few blocks away

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I always see convenience stores in the states with like bulletproof glass and poo poo, but if you go to the petro-can near me at night you can't even go inside and there's a sliding metal drawer like in a jail

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

haha

one of our shell stations has that after like 10pm - the little bowl that slides around to tap your card or get your treats

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

im very baked and apparently 20 now technically

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

one of our shell stations has that after like 10pm - the little bowl that slides around to tap your card or get your treats

no it's like a literal metal sliding box and you have to yell at the cashier like some hannibal lecter poo poo to get a 20 pack of smokes

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

hbag posted:

happy birthday hilbo

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

hbag posted:

Feliz cumpleaños
Ya tienes años pero hueles a más anos

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spK1EnSMX5E

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

no it's like a literal metal sliding box and you have to yell at the cashier like some hannibal lecter poo poo to get a 20 pack of smokes

the chevron near me has one of those. the 7-11 at the esso across the street from it doesn't give a gently caress and the doors are open 24/7

I guess maybe it's because the chevron is one of those big trucker cardlock ones so they probably have to deal with dudes coming down off 36 hours of meth fueled long hauls

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hbag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCYzk67y_wc

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

rotor posted:

plato has entered the chat

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
I had boiled peanuts for breakfast from Cairo, Georgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2OVcobLrO4

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
what is boiled peanuts anyway? do you like eat the whole thing shell and all, or open them up like ghetto shrimp

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
boiled sunflower seeds

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

"boy'll" you ever shut up!!!!

im just joshin ya pal i wanted to use that pun i came up with there ho ho!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

SmokaDustbowl posted:

what is boiled peanuts anyway? do you like eat the whole thing shell and all, or open them up like ghetto shrimp

you put em in coca cola and eat/drink em