Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ciaphas posted:

ok time for shark game

gotta say not having a proper lockon is making fighting anything significant in Maneater a terrible experience

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ciaphas posted:

gotta say not having a proper lockon is making fighting anything significant in Maneater a terrible experience
the devs said lockon would make the game way too easy and in that sense it's very true

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
then again I played it with a very pleasant ps5 controller. missing frequently is the way of the shark, they are not know for finesse or accuracy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yeah but on the other hand, gently caress gators and crocs

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

yeah but on the other hand, gently caress gators and crocs
gotta run from the gators for the first bit until you get some levels and teefs

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1533769192293507072

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/Falloutofcon/status/1535358222470508544

drat, heartless :eyepop:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lmao

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I wish Fallout 4 worked properly on the PS5; I'd try out some big moods.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*mods

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
fired up an old 90s turn-based space war game called Star General. i never played any of the other [*] General games (e.g. Panzer General, Pacific General, etc) but i remember my dad had this one installed on his computer when i was a kid and i never got the hang of it back then.

it plays alright. got bit by an errata though; in space combat, the enemy would charge a rinky-dink destroyer in and somehow one-shot one of my battleships. how the hell? checked the manual again and nothing; tried searching online and lol there is very little about this game left on the internet that i saw. finally dug into the game folder, pulled the readme, it was right there all along: they threw in an 4/5 chance for a DD to one-shot a BB via a "torpedo run". guessing they figured they needed a little more rock-paper-scissors and a little less "bigger guns = better than".

also finally got a killer run in noita going again. i'm at new game 3 and i am an unstoppable murderwizard. think i might be taking another break from it soon.

my current fps of choice lately has been day of defeat source, lol. there's a couple of servers that have been around for ages that are usually decent.

anyway, that's my story. thanks and "god bless";

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

fired up an old 90s turn-based space war game called Star General. i never played any of the other [*] General games (e.g. Panzer General, Pacific General, etc) but i remember my dad had this one installed on his computer when i was a kid and i never got the hang of it back then.

it plays alright. got bit by an errata though; in space combat, the enemy would charge a rinky-dink destroyer in and somehow one-shot one of my battleships. how the hell? checked the manual again and nothing; tried searching online and lol there is very little about this game left on the internet that i saw. finally dug into the game folder, pulled the readme, it was right there all along: they threw in an 4/5 chance for a DD to one-shot a BB via a "torpedo run". guessing they figured they needed a little more rock-paper-scissors and a little less "bigger guns = better than".

also finally got a killer run in noita going again. i'm at new game 3 and i am an unstoppable murderwizard. think i might be taking another break from it soon.

my current fps of choice lately has been day of defeat source, lol. there's a couple of servers that have been around for ages that are usually decent.

anyway, that's my story. thanks and "god bless";

what's the * for???

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i meant it as a wildcard. SSI published a bunch of games which apparently get referred to as the "Five Star General" games, with titles like Panzer General, Fantasy General, Pacific General, etc.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i meant it as a wildcard. SSI published a bunch of games which apparently get referred to as the "Five Star General" games, with titles like Panzer General, Fantasy General, Pacific General, etc.

oh i thought it meant a footnote :(

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I wish Fallout 4 worked properly on the PS5; I'd try out some big moods.
wait what's wrong w it on ps5 again

me i can't wait for the re7 free upgrade to ps5 thing supposedly coming in the fall

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

wait what's wrong w it on ps5 again

me i can't wait for the re7 free upgrade to ps5 thing supposedly coming in the fall

Extremely annoying graphics glitches

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Nick was a cop so this checks out

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

alright, the end of elden ring is bad. Just a procession of multi phase bullshit bosses with massive AoE or grab attacks, nice.

got to be honest, much as I enjoyed a lot of this game, the last 20% has been pretty poor imo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
too many late bosses have health based gimmicks

also you can no longer blow them off and go wandering for 20 hours and come back much stronger

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Summon a mimic it's the "skip this boss" button

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

my mimic gets pretty much slaughtered by the elden beast, assuming it survives radagons "nothing but aeo explosions"

I guess the Souls games were more nakedly bad like this but I still got through them, this is more annoying because most of the rest of the game was relatively "fair", but I guess they realised their stat design stopped scaling properly as you got to higher levels and so fell back on this poo poo

e: also godfrey killed his cat friend wtf

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 12, 2022

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

alright, the end of elden ring is bad. Just a procession of multi phase bullshit bosses with massive AoE or grab attacks, nice.

got to be honest, much as I enjoyed a lot of this game, the last 20% has been pretty poor imo

:wrong:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
tbh yeah ER gave me serious ending fatigue

malenia owns though, best boss fight they've done in ages. well, except her super move is kinda weird to deal with and putting a second lethal super move at the end of phase two is a bit mean. other than that she's really fun to fight, feels a lot like an iteration on sekiro's final boss.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Sapozhnik posted:

tbh yeah ER gave me serious ending fatigue

Thats just every stupid long game though

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I stopped playing eden ring at roughly 60% completion

I could tell the open world stuff I was enjoying was coming to an end and the stuff I didn't enjoy was getting amplified.

I still got 100-ish hours out of it though

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

That being said, I'm replaying Fallen Order and I enjoy the stuff they cribbed from DS in that game.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Finished up SABLE tonight at a little over 15hrs, skipping only the end of the 'Chum Egg' hunt that would have taken another few hours to knock off. Lovely low-stakes chillout game (though there's a few high climbs where a slip or stamina miscalculation will put you back at the start for some stress)

Even though I discovered all the masks / paths in life I could choose, I decided that coming home to the tribe at the end of my Gliding journey was best and took the Ibexxi tribal mask.

Maybe not at full price, but if you see it in a sale and you like relaxing and not having to murder your way across the world pick it up.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that sounds like my kind of game, is it pretty?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Achmed Jones posted:

that sounds like my kind of game, is it pretty?

Its flat-shaded like a Moebius comic, and at a few points it felt quite ligne claire like a Hergé art piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fojy_YRseGk

edit: currently 40% off on GOG

https://www.gog.com/en/game/sable

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 13, 2022

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ah cool, thanks!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it's on gamepass, too

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

ace combat 7 is a dumb anime storyline jet game and im loving it. are there any games where i can shoot 20 missiles at something and they all leave cool trails?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Casual Encountess posted:

ace combat 7 is a dumb anime storyline jet game and im loving it. are there any games where i can shoot 20 missiles at something and they all leave cool trails?

i was gonna suggest nova drift but that only meets the first criteria, not the second. still:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqyECPW1r6Y

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think Nova Drift might be the first Early Access game that I regret buying. I guess it's an okay little timewaster but updates feel like they're happening on a geological timescale

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

starfield looking janky

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Ya it looks like a boring cross between fallout 4 and no mans sky.

Looks like it needs a good story and character interaction to compensate and thats been Bethesdas weakest skill for 20 years.

The ship combat looks potentially (surprisingly) fun?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

starfield's raison d'etre is to release what we all expected star citizen to be at best (which was basically absolutely nothing)

basically, freelancer with another 20 years of technology on top

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Being a fan of the 2000AD comics from way back in the day, I played ROGUE TROOPER on the original Xbox Huge and it was a fairly fun 3rd person shooter that stuck closely to the Rogue Trooper lore. Had the 'Redux' version

https://store.steampowered.com/app/529490/Rogue_Trooper_Redux/

in my IsThereAnyDeal watchlist for a good while now and it just popped with a best-ever low price over at Gamersgate:

https://www.gamersgate.com/product/rogue-trooper-redux/

so that'll be fun to go through again next weekend with non-potato graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
i played like 40 minutes of fallout 4 a year or two back and in that 40 minutes i felt fuckall intrigue whatsoever. i thought fair enough i may just be dead inside, but then i finished sable and hunted down all the chum eggs and had a pretty good time. sable just had me going 'what's that? i wanna check that out' all the time and each time i did it was something interesting or creative.
i'm really hoping starfield isn't going to be 1000s of planets of uninteresting characters, same-old faction battle stories and sensible but ultimately boring buildings and geography