Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

your weird uncle powers are just growing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

someone nearby is mowing their lawn at 9:40 pm

I know its still light out but gently caress

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I'm going to start childproofing my apartment just in case.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Fool posted:

someone nearby is mowing their lawn at 9:40 pm

I know its still light out but gently caress

I have been tempted to do this so many times because I keep running out of time to get stuff done. I was supposed to finish power washing some stuff, clean my leaf blower’s carb, and recaulk the bath tub but instead nobody took a nap and everyone was very grumpy.

kids were in bed and asleep by 9 and it was still light out but then I realised I would either wake the kids up or make neighbours grumpy so guess I’ll read

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

dioxazine posted:

go big or go home

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932301

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cjs: :negative:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

at least this weekend is a long weekend

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs: uuuuugh 3 hour meeting that’s interrupted halfway by standup.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

A three hour standup is usually called a sitdown or a waste of time

or both I guess

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

no no the standup is really short in theory I just gotta meeting hop a lot :|

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

also wfh tomorrow for a hair appointment at 4 and im stopping my mother from buying an $800k condo this afternoon after work

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: single day of unemployment before I start new job tomorrow. i wish I had a bathrobe to lounge around in :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

unsure to handle the explosion of crab grass :3: im leaning towards getting a cheap reel mower and just chop stuff up though. i have an electric weed wacker but it only lasts about 25-30 minutes which is fine for normal use but not clearing property lol

anyone here go through that? we're getting sod but that's in like september or so to hopefully lessen the massive water for getting it going

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

pull it out now or it'll just spread

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I use a dandelion popper to make sure all the crab grass roots get severed before pulling it up

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Vintersorg posted:

unsure to handle the explosion of crab grass :3: im leaning towards getting a cheap reel mower and just chop stuff up though. i have an electric weed wacker but it only lasts about 25-30 minutes which is fine for normal use but not clearing property lol

anyone here go through that? we're getting sod but that's in like september or so to hopefully lessen the massive water for getting it going
if you're going to eventually need a deece mower for your lawn just get it now, or borrow/rent one

I've always used gas-power non-propelled bag mowers and they're not super expensive or anything. that said I'm hearing now is a good to decent time to switch to electric if you've got the fliff.

also not a huge fan of mulching, once in a while is ok assuming your grass is bone dry but it tends to build up over the season and you're just making things annoying for future you, if you want to walk in the grass at all

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Mowed my sorry-rear end lawn yesterday and felt real good about it. Reviewing my work today and am disappointed in the few rooster tails I missed.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i was wondering about that - mowers okay to use when its generally just mud there? im gonna get a ryobi one cause then ill have extra batteries when i get my ryobi snowblower too

e: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ry...rger/1001592036

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: two and a half hours in and i'm already on my second cup of coffee. it's monday all right

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

dioxazine posted:

cjs: two and a half hours in and i'm already on my second cup of coffee. it's monday all right

watch your heart :(

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Our yard was 100% crab grass the first year after we built. It grew super fast and kept the soil from eroding while the slower grass seed grew. It was a pain in the rear end to get it all dug out once the rest of the grass was established.

We also mixed a ton of clover, mint, and evergreen moss to fill in some of the tougher areas.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yards, like all other living things, eventually undergo carcinization

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

lawns are bad, get native flora

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

overall i don't mind the crabgrass. last year after we moved in it was just annoying tall weeds with like purple flowers and were like spikes

jsut the crabgrass grows insanely fast, i think within a week it already grew back lol which is another option: gently caress it and wait till our contractor comes to make it look nice

The Fool posted:

lawns are bad, get native flora

manitoba prairie stuff is gross hehe

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

overall i don't mind the crabgrass. last year after we moved in it was just annoying tall weeds with like purple flowers and were like spikes

jsut the crabgrass grows insanely fast, i think within a week it already grew back lol which is another option: gently caress it and wait till our contractor comes to make it look nice

manitoba prairie stuff is gross hehe

in that case just pave it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

winnipeg is known for brutalism

https://www.winnipegarchitecture.ca/digital-tours/brutalist/

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

cjs: single day of unemployment before I start new job tomorrow. i wish I had a bathrobe to lounge around in :(

im lounging around in my monday robe right now :smug:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Vintersorg posted:

watch your heart :(

Another couple cups and they'll be able to!

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I’m staying in a cabin and there was a mama and baby black bear wandering around behind it this morning. cool

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

yards, like all other living things, eventually undergo carcinization

Lmao

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
black bears are cool because you get all of the good parts of cool and big bears but they also scare so easily that you're nevr really in danger as far as i can tell

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ive eaten black bear meat before.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Corla Plankun posted:

black bears are cool because you get all of the good parts of cool and big bears but they also scare so easily that you're nevr really in danger as far as i can tell

they are generally a bunch of cowards but mothers are very dangerous when their cubs are around. the two I saw were a good distance away, though

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

How was it

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I saw a black bear cub once and could not see or hear the mother, so that made me pretty nervous for a few minutes

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I saw a bear on a trail I was hiking last year and followed my instincts: i started yelling at it and it ran away

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Just attack every animal you encounter and they'll run away. Note this doesnt worj for grizzly bears or moose and also the most dangerous animal, the beaver

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i could really go for a mcdonalds but i got a pizza in the fridge and my stomach can famously only hold 1 meal a day

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PokeJoe posted:

How was it

i dont remember. i was a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it was wasted on you. just think of all the bear enthusiasts who will never get to eat it