Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

AtomD posted:

i played like 40 minutes of fallout 4 a year or two back and in that 40 minutes i felt fuckall intrigue whatsoever. i thought fair enough i may just be dead inside, but then i finished sable and hunted down all the chum eggs and had a pretty good time. sable just had me going 'what's that? i wanna check that out' all the time and each time i did it was something interesting or creative.
i'm really hoping starfield isn't going to be 1000s of planets of uninteresting characters, same-old faction battle stories and sensible but ultimately boring buildings and geography

if you don't think Solaris is a cool and interesting story you shouldn't be allowed to work on space games imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

lol that Bethesda could not think of a better plot than "find the 5 artefacts but oh no, pirates want to stop you!"

also lol that their animation still has the "armour is welded to your body so everyone is constantly doing a funny hip jiggle all the time" thing going on

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Casual Encountess posted:

ace combat 7 is a dumb anime storyline jet game and im loving it. are there any games where i can shoot 20 missiles at something and they all leave cool trails?

if you have a dreamcast, check out bangai-o or bangai-o hd if you have a 360. it's not BC, unfortunately, and i don't think there's any modern ways to play (unless there's DC or 360 emulators i'm unaware of, which is entirely possible)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

also with the buyout starfield or whatever is xbox only and on the PC

but a new PC is insanely expensive right now (and maybe forever) and ... well I own a PS5 and gently caress playing a first person game with a controller

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
GPU prices are dropping rapidly at the moment

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

not in :canada: :(

still like $900 to $1200 for the 3070 to 3080 lines

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Maneater continues to be fun as heck. I love flopping down a beach chasing dumb humans.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sapozhnik posted:

GPU prices are dropping rapidly at the moment

Bitcoin is making GBS threads the bed, so that makes sense

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

if you have a dreamcast, check out bangai-o or bangai-o hd if you have a 360. it's not BC, unfortunately, and i don't think there's any modern ways to play (unless there's DC or 360 emulators i'm unaware of, which is entirely possible)

Dreamcast emulation is extremely advanced I have heard

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Endless Mike posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPwzzpfYY3U&t=129s

FreeDream emulator, running on AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU, NVIDIA RTX 3060 GPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ace combat 7 is a dumb anime storyline jet game and im loving it. are there any games where i can shoot 20 missiles at something and they all leave cool trails?

strike suit zero

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

NoneMoreNegative posted:

FreeDream emulator, running on AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU, NVIDIA RTX 3060 GPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM

this poo poo rules

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
why are those skyscrapers upside down

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

sick! good to know

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

why are those skyscrapers upside down

they're not, they're ground scrapers, idiot

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
no, skyscrapers come down from the ceiling, skysgrapers come up from the ground

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Almost spent 5½ euros on GOG after being lured in by a giveaway of a game I'll never play.

But 0,49€ for Blake Stone is a pretty good price.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
skygaper

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

blake stone holds up

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Vintersorg posted:

blake stone holds up

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

blake stone appreciation post

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'd buy a new Blake Stone game. They've made several good Wolfenstein 3D sequels, why not Blake Stone?

The fact that some of the dudes were actually allies not enemies was like a #WHOA #WOW moment for me back in the day.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i played the shareware version so many times as a kid

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

this poo poo rules

Bangai-O 'Continue' Screen

:what:

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

blake stone appreciation post

i happened to just re-download and play blake stone, have many fond memories

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i want a yakuza game but with gundam

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Watched someone doing an funy review of the old jankfest that was BULLET WITCH, but oh my the ending cutscene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EfLYAFBFss&t=2663s
^^Timestamped

You would be a lot cuter if you smiled more

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

But 0,49€ for Blake Stone is a pretty good price.

aliens of gold or planet strike?

blake stone was good, but had the misfortune of coming out after doom so nobody really paid attention

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

wait there was an actual game named bullet witch that wasn’t a jokey name for bayonetta?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

wait there was an actual game named bullet witch that wasn’t a jokey name for bayonetta?

yes

I assume the reason no one remembers it is that it's as bad as bayonetta was good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
re7 just got the free ps5 update. excellent timing

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I'm doing that thing in rimworld where everything seems to be fine so I'm enjoying it for like a second

it's nice

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i hope your enjoy your toxic fallout

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Kenny Logins posted:

re7 just got the free ps5 update. excellent timing

what does it do

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

what does it do
4K, ray tracing, 3d audio, and high fps mode

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

not in :canada: :(

still like $900 to $1200 for the 3070 to 3080 lines

yeah that's pretty much MSRP these days. the fancy three-fan EVGA 3080 I bought for $1150 CAD last week has an MSRP of $879 USD, which is only $13 USD less than what I paid.

supply isn't why costs are hosed now. costs are hosed because nvidia demands it.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i feel like paying that kind of money for a video card is like owning a $300 pair of jeans. sure you can do it, but it makes more sense to not do that. just get a console or play on lower settings

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

i feel like paying that kind of money for a video card is like owning a $300 pair of jeans. sure you can do it, but it makes more sense to not do that. just get a console or play on lower settings

keeping my video card in the freezer so i don't ruin it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
$300 jeans are nice tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

$300 jeans are nice tho

truth. i wore one pair of $300 jeans almost daily for five years, and only had to stop because i got too fat