Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

im kind of mad at you for posting this

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cjs: coming to the realization that being helpful and answering people's direct questions instead of saying "ask <manager>" is not, in fact, a good idea. no reward save keeping self-esteem issues and imposter syndrome at bay a little longer, and it just means ever more questions & work later

stupid loving brainworms, let me value myself & my time more than others' for once! doing this to myself despite efforts is so frustratingly stupid!!

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 14, 2022

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Solid rotor joke

e: wait what!?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

do i gotta post the avocado joke

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Roosevelt posted:

im kind of mad at you for posting this

my mom sent it to me lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
come on, thats a tef joke

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

:v:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

at an indie dev meetup thing and hdad told one of his past clients that i have seen his code

the poor fucker goes "HE'S SEEN MY CODE?" in the most distraught voice ever

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

hbag posted:

at an indie dev meetup thing and hdad told one of his past clients that i have seen his code

the poor fucker goes "HE'S SEEN MY CODE?" in the most distraught voice ever

tbf i'd die of shame too

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I definitely feel a sense of shame anytime a new hire starts to look at stuff I've built

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I don’t, my code is beautiful

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/christweetsllc/status/1536142558635646976

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I liken my code to either turds or kidney stones

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Pollyanna posted:

I liken my code to either turds or kidney stones

"you know how your dad would be under the sink trying to fix a leak and its really tight in there and he's swearin a lot and hollerin at you to give him a wrench? yeah thats what my code is like."

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I don’t, my code is beautiful

sir, that is a photo of Louis de Pointe du Lac

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i’ve made a point to write my code in one class this semester really clean and well commented because i might have to turn it in along with all my code from another class to get a certification, so people will actually look at it. my other code, lol….lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

rotor posted:

"you know how your dad would be under the sink trying to fix a leak and its really tight in there and he's swearin a lot and hollerin at you to give him a wrench? yeah thats what my code is like."

most accurate depiction of software development i've ever read

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

rotor posted:

my code smells like an open trap

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

hdad is trying to say that his code isn't broken while my job for the past month has been fixing his code so that it can actually be used as intended

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
sometimes my dad asks me if an email is "phishing" and i let him know :kiddo:

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

lord fifth posted:

sometimes my dad asks me if an email is "phishing" and i let him know :kiddo:

no, that one's real. I need some itunes gift cards bad

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: power's been out all day and after 19hrs finally got restored. If the heat index wasn't 109°F I would have been much happier about this situation.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

cjs: the upside of having dipshitted my way into being the company's ETL bitch is that a lot of it is waiting for the transformation to finish running which is really great when I'm feeling iffy because last night's pinot noir was apparently made in a prison toilet

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

immediately go to a dungeon

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i don't want to google this and get 5 million malware ads so uhhh how do i actually improve my windows 10 boot time because this poo poo takes like 15+ minutes right now

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
buy a better storage drive

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
don’t turn your computer on to begin with, it needs rest sometimes

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yes i am installing an m.2 drive and moving my entire steam library onto it tomorrow

but until then what can i do

because i don't want it to take this long to boot just for me to check if the drive works, especially if hdad is gonna be here helping me with it/dropping the drive off

i don't want him to judge me for my godawful boot times and i certainly don't want him coming up and looking at my computer/desktop/whatever, something that i consider very personal and private

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

have you tried an adequate power supply

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
my old man used to take away my car privileges for the weekend if my boot times were too slow. screw you dad i’ll boot however slow i drat well please!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hbag posted:

yes i am installing an m.2 drive and moving my entire steam library onto it tomorrow

because i don't want it to take this long to boot just for me to check if the drive works, especially if hdad is gonna be here helping me with it/dropping the drive off

i don't want him to judge me for my godawful boot times and i certainly don't want him coming up and looking at my computer/desktop/whatever, something that i consider very personal and private

there's nothing you can do

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

please im actually freaking out a little which i know is loving dumb

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
set up a dual boot with a minimal linux distro so you can pull up a gui real fast that doesn't actually contain any of your private info

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Video Nasty posted:

have you tried an adequate power supply
too loud

hbag posted:

please im actually freaking out a little which i know is loving dumb
Separate it into manageable chunks and go through them with breaks in between

That's the only thing I can think of, I know nothing about windows

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hbag posted:

i don't want to google this and get 5 million malware ads so uhhh how do i actually improve my windows 10 boot time because this poo poo takes like 15+ minutes right now

:pt:
if you’re getting a new drive just reinstall windows on it and keep the old one around to move files as you need them

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

set up a dual boot with a minimal linux distro so you can pull up a gui real fast that doesn't actually contain any of your private info

the best minimal linux distribution is no linux distribution at all

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i think after i make sure the drive works i might just boot from a linux live usb and do
dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb

or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

hbag posted:

tomorrow

why is reducing your boot time so important that it can't wait one day?