Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hbag posted:

i don't want him to judge me for my godawful boot times
lolololo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

why is reducing your boot time so important that it can't wait one day?

because i feel if it takes too long to boot, hdad will go "hmm its taking a while to boot, ill go check on them" and i really dont want him seeing my godawful computer

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

is your background hentai or ahego or something

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

is your background hentai or ahego or something
Minecraft boobs

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i use the default windows wallpaper i just feel incredibly uncomfortable with people seeing my computer

like i would genuinely be more comfortable showing my dick to someone

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hdad is gonna see the minecraft titty mousepad

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i hadnt even considered that (but i havent used that mousepad since i got a desk mat (the desk mat is not much better))

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

one of my mousepads is a magic the gathering mat that said "black" on the box but ended up actually having demon lady boobs on it so I feel that

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

one of my mousepads is a magic the gathering mat that said "black" on the box but ended up actually having demon lady boobs on it so I feel that

no i bought these 100% intentionally i am a hormonal 20 year old
(this desk mat also has demon lady boobs on it)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

i use the default windows wallpaper i just feel incredibly uncomfortable with people seeing my computer

like i would genuinely be more comfortable showing my dick to someone

Change the wallpaper to a dick pic. Problem solved.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
https://youtu.be/bN7RDlrs7b4

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Post the desk mat

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Minecraft catboy desk

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

hbag posted:

yes i am installing an m.2 drive and moving my entire steam library onto it tomorrow

wait, what does your steam library have to do with windows boot times?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

hbag posted:

i think after i make sure the drive works i might just boot from a linux live usb and do
dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb

or something

that'll run slow as poo poo because the default block size for dd is only 512 bytes. don't know what i'm talking about? don't use dd

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs: wtf why is somebody I've never met in person showing the team a slideshow from their trip during the weekly team meeting

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

PokeJoe posted:

Post the desk mat

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

CPColin posted:

cjs: wtf why is somebody I've never met in person showing the team a slideshow from their trip during the weekly team meeting

a girl on my team who lives in a different state so ive never even met sent the team a video of her in a karate tournament from her personal email last week

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

Post the desk mat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hbag your next post itt better be the desk mat

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

DELETE CASCADE posted:

that'll run slow as poo poo because the default block size for dd is only 512 bytes. don't know what i'm talking about? don't use dd

somebody told me dd automatically picks the best block size now. was i lied to????

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Captain Foo posted:

ive got one but its just a monochrome forest thing

they're very nice though and i like the idea

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

lord fifth posted:

somebody told me dd automatically picks the best block size now. was i lied to????

i'm not aware of a version of dd that does that

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
i see that i was roped into a classic gag

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

hbag posted:

(this desk mat also has demon lady boobs on it)

wow mine too, we have a lot in common

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

HamAdams posted:

a girl on my team who lives in a different state so ive never even met sent the team a video of her in a karate tournament from her personal email last week

Stuff like this is exactly why an off-topic channel in Slack that everybody can ignore exists!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

what a buncha grouches. what, you'd rather be working?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

take some time and check out angela sweeping the leg or whatever, dont be such a grumpus

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Seriously though, moving your Windows install over to a modern SSD will make the biggest difference of anything for boot times. Leave the steam library on the HDD, just move games that have long rear end loads over.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i worked 11 hours today and now am drinking a coors and listening to kpop.

gently caress computers

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

HamAdams posted:

hell yeah your teammate owns

one of my teammates brought us back tiny bottles of port wine from her vacation, so i'm gonna pair it with some weed tomorrow

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Captain Foo posted:

well you leave me no choice

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

some real grouches on this page wtf

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i absolutely posted some pics from my track day in our standup teams room

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i dont know IN DETAIL what youre talking about but yeah i should probably do bs=1M

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i absolutely posted some pics from my track day in our standup teams room

That's fine because you're not making me sit in a meeting while you do it. Meetings are evil. My boss asked a question right at me out of the blue and I had to stop simultaneously picking my nose and scratching my butthole to get my mic close to my face and unmute. Rude as hell!

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
my cube companion let me know that he has a 9 hour meeting tomorrow. praying 4 himm ...

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Also all the pictures in today's meeting were like 320x240 and the person led off with "my friends' pictures are better" lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i got a 9 hour meeting with my weighted blanket tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hbag posted:

i got a 9 hour meeting with my weighted blanket tonight

your desk mat is weighted?