Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

HamAdams posted:

a girl on my team who lives in a different state so ive never even met sent the team a video of her in a karate tournament from her personal email last week

Our company sends out org-wide emails whenever someone has a baby.

Coworkers I don't know doing karate? Ok cool. Coworkers I don't know wanting to show off their babies?
https://youtu.be/Bzm6JvC1OPQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i absolutely posted some pics from my track day in our standup teams room

I drop camping pics in standup chat all the time

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

quarantinethepast posted:

Coworkers I don't know doing karate? Ok cool. Coworkers I don't know wanting to show off their babies?

easy there rms

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I used to show outdoor pics to teammates. Kayaking and hiking and sailing and such. If I went a while without posting any people would ask if I had gone anywhere recently since they haven't seen anything :shrug:

Sometimes they give me good recs on campgrounds or hikes

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

quarantinethepast posted:

I like babies show me all the baby pictures

rotor posted:

take some time and check out angela sweeping the leg or whatever, dont be such a grumpus
ROTOR JOHNSON IS RIGHT

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

hbag posted:

i dont know IN DETAIL what youre talking about but yeah i should probably do bs=1M

1M might even be too small. there are 4M erase blocks out there. use a crazy high value like 64M, or just say gently caress and feed a shell redirection with your cat-like tool of choice. either way flood the page cache, and the kernel will do what needs to be done.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

nudgenudgetilt posted:

1M might even be too small. there are 4M erase blocks out there. use a crazy high value like 64M, or just say gently caress and feed a shell redirection with your cat-like tool of choice. either way flood the page cache, and the kernel will do what needs to be done.

i think i might just walk into the ocean actually

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
just remember, your father is more afraid of your computer than you are of him seeing it.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

thinkin about the vicarious embarrassment of watching someone right click -> copy -> right click -> paste

just the worst

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
"problems with your downloads folder'll likely cause these slow boot times, i'm sure as someone who was had a kid after the year 2000 I can trust this is a safe place to go rooting around"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

c(best friend's)js: boss moving to a different department, which was the last thing keeping him there since the rest of the job has cratered after their site got bought by a VC firm that has no loving idea what they do and outsources all IT contract support to an inept fuckup company, he has no backup to take extended breaks, and all his coworkers are of the "oh my kid caught COVID for the eighth time I think, no I didn't bother to test before coming into work why do you ask?" variety.

any idea how likely someone with about 15 years of site sysadmin experience in a mixed win/linux/mac production environment would be able to pull off a work from home position with a "I'll start in two to three months, I need some vacation time first" contingency? I don't want to blow smoke up his rear end but it sucks seeing a friend go through poo poo if there is the possibility of there being much greener grass on the other side.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i absolutely posted some pics from my track day in our standup teams room

same except pics from the zoo of the kiddos

only on request tho but still

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Try asking here.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

rotor posted:

take some time and check out angela sweeping the leg or whatever, dont be such a grumpus

i agree, you don't have to be best friends with your coworkers but be interested in them a little, you spend a lot of time together and it helps to be pleasant

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Seriously though, moving your Windows install over to a modern SSD will make the biggest difference of anything for boot times. Leave the steam library on the HDD, just move games that have long rear end loads over.

i was so mad when i figured out peggle had a hard coded loading screen

hbag posted:

i dont know IN DETAIL what youre talking about but yeah i should probably do bs=1M

bullshit = 1 million accurately describes linux

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Peggle rules

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

PokeJoe posted:

Pegging rules

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PokeJoe posted:

Peggle rules

peggle is why im not allowed to play video games on weeknights

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

"you know how your dad would be under the sink trying to fix a leak and its really tight in there and he's swearin a lot and hollerin at you to give him a wrench? yeah thats what my code is like."

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag play peggle

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

PokeJoe posted:

hbag play peggle

what you think ive never loving played peggle?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

what is peggle

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i got a job offer today and i took it. just need the paperwork so i can put in my notice. :yotj:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
grats

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

grattums

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
cjs: “opening that to internal promotions first!”

ok

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Gnossiennes posted:

thinkin about the vicarious embarrassment of watching someone right click -> copy -> right click -> paste

just the worst

the worst is telling your homeschool rear end coworker to type a semicolon three times and each time they type a colon because they don’t know what a semicolon is

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag posted:

what you think ive never loving played peggle?

yes, I do

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

what is peggle

https://i.imgur.com/ffuZPDU.mp4

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

PokeJoe posted:

yes, I do

i wasnt grown in a lab 2 years ago i have been on this planet for 20 loving years with internet access for 16 of those years of course ive loving played peggle

lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

u dont have 2 lie

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag posted:

i wasnt grown in a lab 2 years ago

of course not, you r regdate is in 2021

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kenny Logins posted:

i got a job offer today and i took it. just need the paperwork so i can put in my notice. :yotj:

this is the long payoff yes ?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

what is peggle

:ironicat:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ve legit never heard of it until now, which is confusing since most of you are around my age but speak of it like a timeless classic

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I had a dumbphone version of peggle in college on my sick LG enV2

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

snood > peggle

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Achmed Jones posted:

snood > peggle