Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
It won't be a Speed Racer, that's for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
It's one punchin' time

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

And More posted:

It should be Karl Pilkington. All the serious poo poo can be done by Jason Statham.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I can see it now... Saitama will be a college student, and Fubuki will be his crush.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I hope ONE gets a fat paycheck.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
This news was not how I expected the 10th anniversary of this series to be celebrated.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Justin Lin can direct the gently caress out of an action sequence and give it enough heart to be not a soulless thing, but live action anime is just a concerning position to start from.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
There's a chance that live-action anime movies looking stupid could work in the movie's favor. Very stupid action that seems sort of cool, but there's also just a guy there.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It would have to work both styles in like Kung Fu Hustle to not turn out bad like nearly every video game movie.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-punch-man-chapter-162/chapter/24811?action=read

Viz actually replaced the chapter with the redraw. I think that's the first time they've done that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TBH this retcon has kinda ruined things for me. "Oh that chapter with its delightful ending didn't happen" loving sucks.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Cut to that exact ending happening in a few months. Will redraw haters ever learn? Probably not.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I think the scene will still happen in a way, but Garou won't be in his oversized monster form, so it'll lose some oomph.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
hopefully he will be in an even more elaborate, larger monster form

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Redraws are fine if I can come back a few months later and dig in, I just have to remember to do that at some point lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brandfarlig posted:

Cut to that exact ending happening in a few months. Will redraw haters ever learn? Probably not.

If it does I'll be fine but that doesn't change the fact it takes some of the oomph away from it. But it was SUCH a good chapter ending that it was a huge bucket of cold water thrown at me to realize "oh wait no actually the entire last chapter didn't happen" when I tried to read the new one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh no, it's still happening. Murata's writing two different versions of One Punch Man and they're going to crash into each other in 19 updates and both Saitamas will have to punch both of them apart to fix things.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The big, big, big thing holding the manga back is that it's pacing is absolutely terrible.

I can imagine Garou and Saitama sitting together as the conclusion of an even more epic, even more climactic, epic climax between the two characters, but I cannot imagine them sitting together with better comedic timing.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It wasnt that good

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Raws out: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3270296674428450886

Edit: One half talking one half "holy poo poo :staredog:"

pik_d fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 22, 2022

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

pik_d posted:

Raws out: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3270296674428450886

Edit: One half talking one half "holy poo poo :staredog:"

:chanpop:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Oh my that's a face we've not seen before

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Oh dear, you done goofed.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Starring off: :D Now we're thinking with portals!
Those last few pages: Oh no.

Well, this is unexpected to say the least.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Darth TNT posted:

Oh dear, you done goofed.

assuming the garou copy is decent this might actually be a challenge. alternatively nothing can ever reach saitama and he just gets punked. :v:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Oh you stupid idiot.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
need the next chapter asap please.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:smith: I wish the table sitting scene still happened now more than ever.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Mindblast posted:

assuming the garou copy is decent this might actually be a challenge.

no

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
It just keeps getting more and more insane.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mindblast posted:

assuming the garou copy is decent this might actually be a challenge. alternatively nothing can ever reach saitama and he just gets punked. :v:

Well on the bright side Genos is not an art project this time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Time is going to have to reset a bit, isn't it? Everyone else is dying from radiation poisoning

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Oooooooh fuuuuuuuuck.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Grouchio posted:

Time is going to have to reset a bit, isn't it? Everyone else is dying from radiation poisoning

there's singularities happening all over saitama can probably punch time backwards

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Saitama finally starting to realize that he's not actually a very good hero at all

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Everyone is losing their hair and coughing up blood? You would think they're dying of radiation sickness, but actually they're going to get up later with Saitama strength and facial expressions :v:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Translation: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/IS756yu/1/1/

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Gotta hand it to Saitama, he was as good as his word when it came to his day getting any shittier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Did the webcomic ever show Blast fighting?