Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

The Walrus posted:

If u ever have a sunburn best thing is to grab an aloe plant from the garden center. Cut it open and rub the goo into the burn. It will be gone the next day. It's seriously magic.

I'm one of those extremely pale people who burns lobster red, pukes, peels.

I've been layering on aloe for 3 days now and the peeling finally triggered. Pale skin is a loving curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Yo, you need to wear some sunscreen, bro. Fortunately, Costco has you covered with it's convenient multipacks.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

going to 'co tonight, hope they still have rotisserie chickens left and those pendleton picnic blankets too

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

olives black posted:

DO NOT drink Costco brand beer unless you enjoy vomiting and fever dreams.

Speaking from experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHRNzj_G7Us

This you?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wayne Knight posted:

It was this pain that led me to discover the Toto Portable Travel Washlet, White - HW300#W

which end goes up ur butt

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

El Jebus posted:

I'm gonna go buy a chest freezer.

Don't be a tough guy, don't be a fool! I will call you later.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I did not know there was a Costco Championship: https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/vdj0ms/visited_a_costco_in_honolulu_hawaii_today_and_saw/

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

silicone thrills posted:

I've been layering on aloe for 3 days now and the peeling finally triggered. Pale skin is a loving curse.

The green stuff in the bottle or right from the plant? It's gotta be the real stuff.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hutla posted:

Yo, you need to wear some sunscreen, bro. Fortunately, Costco has you covered with it's convenient multipacks.

They only have a combo pack at mine with two sprays and one lotion and fuuuuuuck that spray poo poo imo

I'm extremely pale and bought an aloe product in Japan when I visited and IDK what it is about it but that poo poo is magic. Regular aloe here in the states is good but nothing compared to that stuff

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Johnny Truant posted:

They only have a combo pack at mine with two sprays and one lotion and fuuuuuuck that spray poo poo imo

I'm extremely pale and bought an aloe product in Japan when I visited and IDK what it is about it but that poo poo is magic. Regular aloe here in the states is good but nothing compared to that stuff

It's funny because I have horrifically sensitive skin - im allergic to most of the sunscreen lotions - but the trader joes spray and dumbass banana boat sprays dont bother me at all.

loving severely allergic to tree resins and lanolin which gets shoved in as additives everywhere.

I got sunburned through a miscalculation that mostly cloudy would not require me to be vigilant. I was incorrect.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
My wife had a job where they provided a one gallon jug of Sunscreen with a pump on it and if that isn't the most Costco version of Sunscreen I don't know what is. I'm pissed that it's not a product available at Costco and that they don't have the lotion Sunscreen as a two pack. I don't like sprays!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Johnny Truant posted:

american sunscreen sucks. import the european stuff by vichy or la roche posay

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

bird with big dick posted:

Don't be a tough guy, don't be a fool! I will call you later.

It is already full of costco meat bags.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Let's go with Yes

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

olives black posted:

DO NOT drink Costco brand beer unless you enjoy vomiting and fever dreams.

Speaking from experience.

hmm, i figured as much, thanks for the warning

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

silicone thrills posted:

get on the sunscreen train or buy some 50spf clothing. Coolibar makes 50spf sleeves that I wear for outdoor walks or baseball games, best things for pale as heck people. no need to reapply and you can take them off when the sun sets.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Went to church to pick up my colonoscopy prep and found incredibly cheap 5" succulents to sweeten the deal:

A 3 pack is 19 bucks and nobody gave me the stink eye for mixing and matching. They come in cute pots but the pots don't have holes in the bottom (until I get home). I'm repotting anyways

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Last time I got really bad sunburn I found a moisturizing lotion from CVS that had both aloe and menthol in it. Highly recommend it, I believe goldbond brand and came in a green bottle.

I don't deny rubbing straight aloe is great but lemme tell you, when you're in that much pain the extra cooling from menthol made a huge difference. The pain was so bad that I was spending all day sleeping just to escape the pain and that lotion was the first thing that brought me any kind of relief.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

hmm, i figured as much, thanks for the warning

:hai:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

the 1L Kirkland coconut waters fuckin SLAP

dunno if I wanna just get a fuckton of those out try the liquid iv stuff, hmmm

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Lobsterboy posted:

get on the sunscreen train or buy some 50spf clothing. Coolibar makes 50spf sleeves that I wear for outdoor walks or baseball games, best things for pale as heck people. no need to reapply and you can take them off when the sun sets.

Is there anything to that other than just literally wearing clothes that cover your skin? I don’t think I’ve ever been burned through my clothing and I’m pale as gently caress. After I got a really bad burn last summer I do wear a rash guard if I get in the water but I have basically switched to great big hats that shade my head and long sleeve lightweight shirts rather than mess around with sunscreen if I’m not swimming.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Renegret posted:

Last time I got really bad sunburn I found a moisturizing lotion from CVS that had both aloe and menthol in it. Highly recommend it, I believe goldbond brand and came in a green bottle.

This, following the worst sunburn in my adult life, is how I found out that topical menthol makes me itch!

Turns out they put that in a lot of products that go where you don't want to itch.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

therobit posted:

Is there anything to that other than just literally wearing clothes that cover your skin? I don’t think I’ve ever been burned through my clothing and I’m pale as gently caress. After I got a really bad burn last summer I do wear a rash guard if I get in the water but I have basically switched to great big hats that shade my head and long sleeve lightweight shirts rather than mess around with sunscreen if I’m not swimming.

Some clothes are better than others, but yeah appropriate materials and shade from hats will block the uv rays pretty well. Dark colors block the uv best, but some materials will block the uv extremely well even if they’re not dyed. The material should also pass the light test, where if you hold it up to a light you shouldn’t see lots of little pinholes. Since the weave needs to block/absorb light you also need to ensure that it’s not stretched too much. If you stretch the fabric it can reduce the uv blocking since the weave will be misaligned and allow more pinholes of light through. So loose-fitting clothes are best.

I’ve started using light long sleeve shirts and big sun hats myself as well. I look like a dork, and it’s maybe a little hotter than a short sleeve, but it does protect from the sun and I haven’t gotten a bad burn in a long time.

Edit: here’s the skin cancer foundation’s page on upf clothing https://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-prevention/sun-protection/sun-protective-clothing/

Eeyo fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 17, 2022

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrhLkLxR1Oc

His modern food plan includes berries, but the video is too boring to link.

silicone thrills posted:

I got sunburned through a miscalculation that mostly cloudy would not require me to be vigilant. I was incorrect.

Cloudy days are super deceptive. Visible light gets blocked, but over 90% of UV passes through. I learned pretty quickly that I needed sunscreen for gym period even on cloudy days because a med I was taking made me lightly burn in less than an hour of mid-day exposure.

therobit posted:

Cotton shirts have an SPF of 3-7. Polyester can hit 100 SPF. I hardly own any 100% cotton shirts, they're all winter wear, and even a 50/50 blend seems heavy when I'm outdoors in the summer. If you're like me you probably don't need to worry about buying special UV blocking shirts. Tight sunsleeves should help your sweat evaporate better and cool you town.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I actually wear a lot of cotton but I also typically wear an undershirt beneath my long sleeves and I wear looser clothing in the summer because it’s hot and I want the airflow. But yeah I don’t think I have ever been burned through my clothes so maybe I’ve just gotten lucky. I also tend to seek shade where I can.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq9kEzD8cHI

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress British People

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

:hai:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That video is bulk packaging

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Gaius Marius posted:

gently caress British People

No sex please we’re British.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I didn't even make it a minute in. "Mysterious retailer" indeed, lol.

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

I'm glad renowned comedian Tez Ilyas was there to quip about costco and add value to this documentary.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
you know it's a good Costco trip when you pick up two items off the sale item/impulse purchase wall right as you enter the store. Surely I won't regret this. (I didn't)

$5.34 Costco gas vs $5.70 at the nearest other gas station, the lines were incredible as you'd imagine

Renegret posted:

Bought these weird cheese bread sandwich rolls.

Conclusion: terrible on sandwiches

Amazing when lightly toasted and eaten plain

I agree with this 100%, toast them or just put them in the oven for 5 minutes or whatever you gotta do. making them hot = making them delicious. We first tried them, I dunno, last march? it's the only way to go. They freeze pretty well too and then you just put them in the oven slightly longer, no problem.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Extremely blessed visit today

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Is Costco no longer carrying other brands of shampoo and conditioner? It seems like all they have is Kirkland stuff.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Brought home the butter pound cake three pack for the time. It's been an hour, one loaf is gone and I'm now out of whipped cream. PBUC.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Calling Pennywise to give the heads up on deeply discounted whey protein, calling Pennywise!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AKZ posted:

Calling Pennywise to give the heads up on deeply discounted whey protein, calling Pennywise!

The only protein I know of that'll be on sale starting the 22nd is "Orgain Clean Grass-Fed AND/OR Plant Based Protein Shakes." $6 off. Not sure of the regular price. I've never had it before but it sounds more expensive.

I think they still have Optimum Nutrition whey powder which as far as I know is good quality stuff. I don't know of any sales on it though. I always get the Premier Protein shakes because I'm lazy and the macros are pretty fantastic. Pull one out of the fridge and drink it in a few minutes.

I'm also out of the Fit Crunch bars. I haven't been to the 'co in like 6 months. I still have my rebate check waiting for me there. It's $332 so I should probably get on that.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The only protein I know of that'll be on sale starting the 22nd is "Orgain Clean Grass-Fed AND/OR Plant Based Protein Shakes." $6 off. Not sure of the regular price. I've never had it before but it sounds more expensive.

I think they still have Optimum Nutrition whey powder which as far as I know is good quality stuff. I don't know of any sales on it though. I always get the Premier Protein shakes because I'm lazy and the macros are pretty fantastic. Pull one out of the fridge and drink it in a few minutes.

I'm also out of the Fit Crunch bars. I haven't been to the 'co in like 6 months. I still have my rebate check waiting for me there. It's $332 so I should probably get on that.

I know bro, you just called out the killer co deal last time $35 down from ~$55 on the optimum gold and I want it to come back. I'm almost out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Oh I only need like four things today... $374 later I come home with sheets, pillows, sunscreen, 8 bottles of wine, and the four things I came for