Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i remain flummoxed by this. if the bulls were to trade vooch for gobert, they'd be taking an offense that everyone is screaming doesn't have enough shooting and would take a center who can theoretically shoot and drag someone out to the perimeter to create lanes for zach and demar for a guy who can only shoot 3 inches from the basket and would allow the other team to just camp their shotblockers in the paint.

Gobert will give you more on defense and paint garbage than he'll take away from half-court offense. Plus, it's not like its impossible to have a top-end offense with Gobert, Utah just did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Gobert on the bulls would be good assuming Lavine is willing to pass to him.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I mostly just can’t believe another team couldn’t beat that kind of piss-poor offer

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

verbal enema posted:

nickname still sucks tho

again how do you not go with Durantula or Slim Reaper

"Servant"

ugh

Is it still a nickname if no one actually uses it?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

ChickenMedium posted:

Is it still a nickname if no one actually uses it?

nah i guess not huh

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

morestuff posted:

I mostly just can’t believe another team couldn’t beat that kind of piss-poor offer

i mean it's all just rumors. the new bulls' FO is really tight-lipped and a lot of their big moves (except ball, everyone saw that coming) have come out of nowhere, so i regard any bulls rumors as bullshit until they actually happen.

speaking of ball, it would be really cool if ball's knee wasn't completely dead next season.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34121709/atlanta-hawks-new-gm-landry-fields-says-improving-defense-top-priority

Am I reading this article correctly?

quote:

Fields had been assistant GM. His promotion becomes official on July 1 and has not been announced by the team. Even so, he discussed his new role on Monday and said team president Travis Schlenk "is still the decision-maker."

Landry Fields is getting promoted soon-ish, the rest of the organization doesn't know, but he went ahead and announced it? lol

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The team knows, they just haven’t put out a press release about it. It was reported like a week ago

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There are a lot more monkeu's in the Dubs fandom than I think most people realize

Remember how I mentioned people being freaking weird on YouTube comments from like two months ago? Yeah just got another one totally out of nowhere. These people are psychopaths.

Just enjoy the drat title, what I said wasn't even that crazy, just that AT THE TIME, I thought people were getting ahead of themselves thinking the Warriors would win the title. They surprised me. I'm the first person to say so. But Jesus, it's a relatively innocuous YouTube comment.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
My man you cannot be posting in YouTube comment sections

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

xbilkis posted:

But every creator tells you to like, subscribe and comment!

I usually just post stuff like "Interesting!"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I was in Sausalito yesterday having breakfast having to overhear people gushing over how funny Klay is and how the Warriors are the only discussion for what post MJ basketball looks like

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I used to think youtube comments section was the absolute cesspool of the internet but if you go to any video of an unknown 60s soul record you'll find some comment like "hey, my uncle played bass on that track, good memories!"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

I was in Sausalito yesterday having breakfast having to overhear people gushing over how funny Klay is and how the Warriors are the only discussion for what post MJ basketball looks like

you should have hit them with a game-used kosta koufos towel

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Never look at youtube comments but tipperino to you creators out there the algorithm seems to weigh comments as better interaction than likes/dislikes so you should encourage discussion over liking and subscribing

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

xbilkis posted:

I posted a comment once on a clip of Goodfellas.

never again

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if you can't read the comments maybe you should watch better videos

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There are a lot more monkeu's in the Dubs fandom than I think most people realize

Remember how I mentioned people being freaking weird on YouTube comments from like two months ago? Yeah just got another one totally out of nowhere. These people are psychopaths.

Just enjoy the drat title, what I said wasn't even that crazy, just that AT THE TIME, I thought people were getting ahead of themselves thinking the Warriors would win the title. They surprised me. I'm the first person to say so. But Jesus, it's a relatively innocuous YouTube comment.

Dude you’re a Phoenix Suns fan, if you want to single out lovely/annoying parts of fanbases may I direct you to literally all of the whining and gloating and insistence on receiving flowers for having a league-best regular season record that, on balance, wasn’t even that comparatively good historically speaking.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

morestuff posted:

The team knows, they just haven’t put out a press release about it. It was reported like a week ago

totally missed it, i was like drat very cool Landry Fields is a GM now

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
y'all never did so many bong rips/beers you started calling people "brother" in youtube comments? sometimes you'll find something niche with only like 2k views and it's just all smiles in the gallery. stranger friends

exactly this kind of stuff:

dokmo posted:

I used to think youtube comments section was the absolute cesspool of the internet but if you go to any video of an unknown 60s soul record you'll find some comment like "hey, my uncle played bass on that track, good memories!"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

NieR Occomata posted:

Dude you’re a Phoenix Suns fan, if you want to single out lovely/annoying parts of fanbases may I direct you to literally all of the whining and gloating and insistence on receiving flowers for having a league-best regular season record that, on balance, wasn’t even that comparatively good historically speaking.

lmao sorry your feelings are hurt

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

i am a moron posted:

totally missed it, i was like drat very cool Landry Fields is a GM now

Didn't he retire only a year or two ago

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fans of team who isn’t historically good enjoying a fun regular season

Other fans think, how dare they act like you’ve been there before

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NieR Occomata posted:

to be fair he's not a Phoenix Suns fan he's Chris Paul fan

I'll leave it to you to decide if that's better, worse, or equal

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
like Warriors fans probably have a legit reason to talk their poo poo, as people did think that there was no chance they'd ever be back here.

It's a loving sport fans should talk their poo poo. It's not that big of a deal. It's a loving sport.

So long as it doesn't get into like weird stalking and harassing.

The most fun I had this year was when the Bulls were on that Heater before Injuries murdered them and I was having fun talking hella poo poo about people doubting them.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's so much fun to talk poo poo lol. the jazz and suns got so destroyed by the juggernaut mavs. after that, i threw darts at a picture of Kevman's av. didn't work.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
I'm sure there's a lot of Warriors fans who are absolute jackasses, the complete scum of the Earth. I definitely know a few. But lmao at pointing to YouTube comments as being indicative of anything other than the various mental health disorders that compel one to comment on YouTube. YouTube comments are even worse than Twitter, and about in line with other sites with the -Tube suffix.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Brolander posted:

y'all never did so many bong rips/beers you started calling people "brother" in youtube comments? sometimes you'll find something niche with only like 2k views and it's just all smiles in the gallery. stranger friends

exactly this kind of stuff:

I dont need to be drunk or high to RP as revolver Ocelot

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Remember how I mentioned people being freaking weird on YouTube comments from like two months ago?

No one on earth remembers that.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah just got another one totally out of nowhere. These people are psychopaths.

In all likelihood that's a ~13 year old child you're fighting with in YouTube comments.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Lockback posted:

Gobert will give you more on defense and paint garbage than he'll take away from half-court offense. Plus, it's not like its impossible to have a top-end offense with Gobert, Utah just did it.

He's also probably the best screen setter in the league which will free Zach up to let it fly from the perimeter

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Warriors fans are also very annoying on reddit, especially since they're also Lakers fans

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think any team acquiring Rudy can't also rely on him to be the only source of defense. Need to have some capable defenders on the wings for when the game gets small and he can't stay on the floor

San Antonio would probably be the perfect fit in terms of maximizing how much you get out of him in a deep playoff room

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

jackofarcades posted:

Warriors fans are also very annoying on reddit, especially since they're also Lakers fans

It’s all they have with the Yankees and cowboys not winning a title in awhile

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

jackofarcades posted:

/r/nba ping pongs between hot takes depending on the last win or loss and all the teams fans are bad. I think Warrior hate, both for the team and their fanbase, is entirely on Steph's mouthguard

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

All fans are bad

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Papes posted:

It’s all they have with the Yankees and cowboys not winning a title in awhile

Cowboys winning a Super Bowl after the invention of social media would break people.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Kyrie for Westbrook is like some accelerationism poo poo towards Rob Pelinka being fired and Jeanie Buss being deposed by another Buss.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Tomas Satoransky leaving Washington for Spain

I still don't know why he signed with them, he really could've made a lot of money for himself in this upcoming offseason by playing with the Lakers, he would've gotten a similar halo Monk has. Maybe he just wanted to leave the NBA all along.

E: whoops wrong quote. I have opinions on this one too. "Yeah right we've seen this a million times."

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I’m willing to believe Turner finally gets traded, at least. He’s an expiring, they aren’t really going to need him this year, and I can’t imagine he’s enjoyed the Pacers experience

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Carlosologist posted:

I think any team acquiring Rudy can't also rely on him to be the only source of defense. Need to have some capable defenders on the wings for when the game gets small and he can't stay on the floor

San Antonio would probably be the perfect fit in terms of maximizing how much you get out of him in a deep playoff room

Bulls have some good perimeter defense options in general, even if you do have to kinda hid Zach somewhat. If they can keep Pat Williams that defense would be amazing, though I think you'd need to include him in a trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Doltos posted:

/r/nba ping pongs between hot takes depending on the last win or loss and all the teams fans are bad. I think Warrior hate, both for the team and their fanbase, is entirely on Steph's mouthguard

oh yeah if you lose, or your favorite player has a bad game, better not go to r/nba because everyone who hates your team or player is gonna be out in full force

I'm guilty of this because I absolutely upvoted all Suns hate