Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ali was on the last three free eps and they were all bangers, the luck mages one was an absolute all-timer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

We haven’t had an episode in a while. Did they go on a break again?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Warbird posted:

Branson or someone else on twitter mentioned a short hiatus yeah. Can't find the tweet now but I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

Warbird posted:

Yeah they said they'd come back later in June and Joe tweeted just yesterday that they were getting ready to record.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ah cool, thanks. It would be nice if they would drop a note in the podcast feed, but it’s not big deal.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Branson moved to... somewhere else during the pandemic so now that they can actually record in person again they're doing Rude Camp and recording episodes in concentrated chunks when he's back in town. So I guess they'll probably have regular breaks from now on?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Rude Camp?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Yeah the cast calls the condensed recording sessions where they practically live at the studio for a week "camp".

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I've seen other podcasts do it as well, they'll record multiple episodes in a row, then edit them while they go back to their other jobs.

And I believe Taylor or someone said in the discord that they were taking off for a wedding, that's the reason for the gap.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
https://twitter.com/beatonna/status/1537928401217941505?t=S-FbzADWBxyUBJFjzvZHKA&s=19

Looks like Carly is taking on more roles on Birdgirl! Literally!!!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Looked up Carly's IMDB, then thought I'd check Branson's and he has one thing in the "Did You Know?" section:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh drat, I didn't realize she was a Venture Bros. alumn. That's cool.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Two parter Rude Talks of Chatting with the first part on the public feed!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm glad Branson is getting more stupid messages that aren't about smooth sharks

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
New episode's out.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
NAUGHTY NICO!!!!!

DashingGentleman
Nov 10, 2009
What was it that caused Stirfry to end up in his current looney tunes state? I must have missed it.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

DashingGentleman posted:

What was it that caused Stirfry to end up in his current looney tunes state? I must have missed it.
pretty sure it was the switcheroo by Pebis when he was in Debonesby's body, I think they all (?) got some kind of trait from the PC whose body they were in

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

The Dubliners!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

the return of the king, Naughty Nico is back baby!

Branson Reese is so good at combining horror and comedy, it's like Bloodborne and Looney Tunes had a beautiful baby.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bellbow

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I laughed so hard at Chris using a nat 20 to find out Stirfry has pinkeye.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

You can put your character attribute points in "Pretty" or you can put them in "Can Think Of A Second Name" but not in both

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I'm going to make my fortune trading Pelvis Futures.

And good on Taylor for putting the theme to Babe in this one.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Was the horn based song about 1h30 min in original ? That was pretty good for tension.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I hadn’t heard of Stalker, the Russian movie that much of the newest episode is based on. However, it does feel like recently just recently a lot of shitposts referencing that movie with a shot of men in a sand-filled room had been appearing on my timeline.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Watch stalker immediately. Roadside Picnic, the book it’s based on, is also very good

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Wait this episode of rude tales is based on the hit 2006 first person shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Here's the full thing in hd with subtitles, enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3hBLv-HLEc

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I'm going to make my fortune trading Pelvis Futures.

And good on Taylor for putting the theme to Babe in this one.

The liner notes say "Special Thanks to CASEY TONEY for helping to make this episode." He is cast and audio editor for NeoScum, I wonder what his involvement was here. The audio on that podcast is way, way better than just about any other show I listen to.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I got in to NeoScum because Branson shouted them out in a Rude Tales episode. It's real good! They just finished their big main arc that they've been running since 2017, I think? Real funny, too. I think if you already like Rude Tales you'd like NeoScum. I'm with you, I'm curious to know what Casey contributed

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Landfill posted:

I got in to NeoScum because Branson shouted them out in a Rude Tales episode. It's real good! They just finished their big main arc that they've been running since 2017, I think? Real funny, too. I think if you already like Rude Tales you'd like NeoScum. I'm with you, I'm curious to know what Casey contributed

Hm. Alright, I'm going to check it out, but fair warning: if it's bad, I'm going to hit you with a rock. Be prepared

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Noooo this is my worst fear :cry::cry:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Did anyone pick up on the steel drum riff with the macaw man? I keep hearing In The End but I'm also not convinced

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Happy Landfill posted:

Noooo this is my worst fear :cry::cry:

I'll throw my neck on the line as well, Neoscum is a lot of fun

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

flavor.flv posted:

Anybody listen to the podcast in the ad this week? Dark Dice I think it was called?

Sounds like an interesting premise

Update to this, I just started listening to the new campaign where Jeff Goldblum joins the cast

What the gently caress

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

flavor.flv posted:

Update to this, I just started listening to the new campaign where Jeff Goldblum joins the cast

What the gently caress

Spoiler aside, is it any good?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The first campaign is extremely good, it's a very bleak horror story that gave me chills multiple times. The characters aren't extremely interesting, only two of the players really get into their characters enough for my tastes, but the production values more than make up for it

It's extremely professional. The mechanical minutia is almost entirely cut out in favour of immersive in-universe descriptions. If you're familiar enough with d&d you can tell what's being rolled for and when, but instead of a player calling their attack and dice rolling you'll hear foley of metal scraping against something hard and the DM narrating "Father Westpike slashed at the creature, but his blade found no purchase against the bones jutting out from its sallow flesh," that sort of thing.

All the npc dialogue is redubbed in post by professional voice actors, and at one point they get a philharmonic orchestra and a 40-piece choir to do original background music

I wouldn't listen to it as my only podcast, but if you're already caught up on your favourite funny people doing 20 minutes of actual play and 40 minutes of table talk and you want something closer to a gothic horror radio drama, give it a shot

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

flavor.flv posted:

The first campaign is extremely good, it's a very bleak horror story that gave me chills multiple times. The characters aren't extremely interesting, only two of the players really get into their characters enough for my tastes, but the production values more than make up for it

It's extremely professional. The mechanical minutia is almost entirely cut out in favour of immersive in-universe descriptions. If you're familiar enough with d&d you can tell what's being rolled for and when, but instead of a player calling their attack and dice rolling you'll hear foley of metal scraping against something hard and the DM narrating "Father Westpike slashed at the creature, but his blade found no purchase against the bones jutting out from its sallow flesh," that sort of thing.

All the npc dialogue is redubbed in post by professional voice actors, and at one point they get a philharmonic orchestra and a 40-piece choir to do original background music

I wouldn't listen to it as my only podcast, but if you're already caught up on your favourite funny people doing 20 minutes of actual play and 40 minutes of table talk and you want something closer to a gothic horror radio drama, give it a shot

Thanks for the rundown, may give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

koshmar posted:

I'll throw my neck on the line as well, Neoscum is a lot of fun

I'd also say NeoScum and Rude Tales have very similar styles of humor that ranges from Very Dumb to Absolutely Unhinged (shout out to a Christmas-themed episode near the end of the arc).

Edit: In fact, here's the clips that absolutely won me over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNWeGMsz_48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDjZY0PDinA

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 19, 2022