Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

Costco still employees an ex roommate of mine at a really well paying job and they paid for his brothers heroin rehab in Florida and he's flourishing now so I can't think of a thing to complain about them which is rare for a company that size

Wondering how the hell they cover a sibling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Renegret posted:

I kept putting off a car purchase because we were trying to buy a home and a new car is one of the stupider things to buy when trying to get a mortgage.

But, uh, I don't think this house thing is happening anymore.

e: also the supply chain issues hosed up cars real bad. My dad just bought a new car. And by "bought" I mean he put in an order in with the dealership and got his name put in a queue, they'll call him back in like 6 months when they have one.

Car prices aren't coming down for at least a year or more.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Wondering how the hell they cover a sibling

Costco has a policy where they prefer to hire family members so they worked at the same place. Ones in charge of the tire center and the other was like customer service person

Maybe it's not a policy everywhere but around here Costco's are run by Mennonites and they were both raised Mennonite despite being Puerto Rican and atheists while working there. Honestly there's a lot of Mennonite places that are mostly staffed by other Mennonites here

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 20, 2022

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Costco is a weird place that still clings to the best business sense around that you hire good people and take care of them and they'll take care of your business . MBAs have spent the last 40 years trying to get everyone to unlearn this simpleton poo poo we figured out a hundred years ago.... Everyone just pretends it doesn't make long term sense, because it doesn't make quarterly sense.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Get that Corpo cock out of your mouth Costco sucks rear end to work at ninety percent of the time.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Costco: Get That Corpo Cock Out of Your Mouth

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Get that Corpo cock out of your mouth Costco sucks rear end to work at ninety percent of the time.

Can confirm. I've been doing the job of two people for a couple years now, and it does indeed suck rear end.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This is your first Onion Offense(tm), please stay on topic in the Cost Company thread

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Few people know that Costco used to stand for Cool Onions Served Through Costco

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Well I’m sorry you don’t like working at the customer service counter but I will NOT stop coming in daily to loudly complain about the missing onion dispenser

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Visiting the warehouse every day to ask every employee in sight when the onion dispenser is coming back, then leaving without buying anything.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i will tell the coming generations about the pre-covid foodcourt.

we lost so much

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Back in my day we could order a dog without those got dang kiosks

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

we lost so much

:smith::hf::smith:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

we lost so much
Some people lament the loss of factory jobs and trades. Others remember how you could live comfortably on one income.

Me? I remember the hand-dipped ice cream and Supreme pizzas.

They took so much from us.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I still dream of the combo slice and cranking the onion dispenser

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Are they ever gonna bring back sourkraut for the hot dogs or is it like warm meals on airplanes after 9/11? A nice thing cut for good by corporate greed

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pnumoman posted:

I still dream of the combo slice and cranking the onion dispenser

both massive losses.

the turkey sandwich with pesto and provelone was a total sleeper imo. i loved those things so much. :negative:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

DNK posted:

I love Costco but the Frozen Kirkland Pepperoni Pizza is garbage. This makes me sad.

(Minnesota) Value Brand S-Tier:
Roma (Bernatellos), Jacks (Kraft)

(Minnesota) Premium Brand S-Tier:
Lotta Motzza (Bernatellos); Bellatoria (Bernatellos)

Basically Bernatellos, a high-volume local pizza maker, fuckin owns and 3/5 of their brands on both the low ($2.50/ea) and high end ($7.50/ea) command respect. Jack’s by Kraft is thrown in there because it’s solid and likely a regional brand. Kirkland Frozen might be a good choice if u live in a frozen pizza wasteland.

Real 'Za, another Bernatello's, was a really good frozen pizza when it was around. It was one of those dumb "natural" brands, but super tasty. It tasted like what you remembered frozen pizzas to be years ago before all of the companies started pinching pennies and making worse and worse quality pizzas.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the onionizer died so that $1.50 hotdogs may live

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Do the Costco gods accept human sacrifices?

Just thinking of ways to get the Italian sausage back

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It's called the Italian sausage sandwich even though it's served on a hot dog bun.

That is unequivocal proof that a hot dog is, in fact, a sandwich

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Tiny Timbs posted:

the onionizer died so that $1.50 hotdogs may live

I'll pay 2$ for the combo if they bring back onions and sauerkraut.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

esperantinc posted:

I'll pay 2$ for the combo if they bring back onions and sauerkraut.

If you paid 2$ for it, it wouldn't be "the combo".

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Thanks everyone for the protein thoughts earlier, I routinely get something from Costco and then a day later discover there was something fantastic that would suit that I hadn't considered so I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking "Kirkland Chipotle Seitan Chunks" or something

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Has anyone bought that Dyson fan/air purifier that's on sale? With summer starting here that means wildfire season isn't far behind. It's really expensive, but is it actually worth it?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

binge crotching posted:

Has anyone bought that Dyson fan/air purifier that's on sale? With summer starting here that means wildfire season isn't far behind. It's really expensive, but is it actually worth it?

I think it's a HEPA filter air purifier attached to a very expensive blade-less fan. You could probably save a lot of money with a decent purifier and regular old fan.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsi%E2%80%93Rosenthal_Box

Clean air for cheap

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the cube filter is cool as heck

but also you can get air purifiers for a lot less than Dyson prices, just make sure you can get reasonably priced replacement filters because that's the real cost of those things. I checked, their website lists replacement filters at $70. haha no.

Purifiers in general really do help with wildfire season, though.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 21, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

A little pricier but...

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Spaceballs the Climate Change Solution!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

We've used one of the honeywell 50250 with a runtime of 9 hours or more a day and it keeps trucking.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Back in my day we could order a dog without those got dang kiosks

The kiosks do suck tho :bahgawd:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I'm pro kiosk. It's quick.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I watched an elderly man try to pay in cash during a lunch rush and I'm glad for the kiosks now too

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
How is a kiosk faster than literally just saying the word's "a hotdog please?"

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
The kiosks are only as good as the amount of people working the counter. At my costcos there is either no line and the kiosks are great, or there is a big line of kiosk orders and cash payers and there are always more employees manning the registers so the cash payers get helped much faster.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The fact that a kiosk can serve more than one person at a time, and the cashier is freed up to grab the food.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You're only buying food at Costco after you got done shopping just ask for cash back and go to the human cashiers ya antisocial wieners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

How is a kiosk faster than literally just saying the word's "a hotdog please?"

I can rock out a hotdog order in like 3 seconds on the kiosk it’s insane how fast I am

There’s never any lines so I factor that in