Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ammanas posted:

why isnt Spencer Dinwiddie on that crypto chart

it's percentage based so he might have invested more when it was low enough to not kill his numbers

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Ammanas posted:

I assume these people got paid in crypto as part of their contract

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

iamsosmrt posted:

Well, what do ya know, he was actually getting some votes. His numbers still don't look great, I was basing my comment on the fact that he had a prior rep as being a defensive sieve, but there's evidence that he at least bought in before his injury.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Yeah he was really bad until last year, he was really good in 2021 and got some DPOY votes

Wow uhhh noted :stonkhat:
That is something I’ll keep an eye out for.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Yeah I think Mitchell torching him in the bubble lit a fire under his rear end

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ammanas posted:

the Widcoin is holding steady

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Maestro posted:

Instead of player amnesty, there should be a 31st team in, say, Lebanon, Kansas, the geographic center of the US, to which any team can “trade” a player. The machinations of how the trade works I’m not sure of. But imagine a team coached by Mark Jackson with Westbrook, Wall, Ben Simmons, Sam Dekker, etc.
Put in a place where the weather's miserable too.

So....Fargo, North Dakota.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'd definitely like to see the Fargo Varmints put out like...
Ben Simmons
Bertans
Westbrook
Eric Bledsoe
John Wall

Fuckin death lineup man. Finally fulfilling the dream that was the suns lineup once upon a time with like...3 pgs

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'd definitely like to see the Fargo Varmints put out like...
Ben Simmons
Bertans
Westbrook
Eric Bledsoe
John Wall

Fuckin death lineup man. Finally fulfilling the dream that was the suns lineup once upon a time with like...3 pgs

Lol that Eric Bledsoe is a member of both of these teams

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Three alphas

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

It would have to be a terrible name too. Like....they're all playing for the Fargo Crackers.

The logo looks like the old Colonel Reb but instead he's done up in the North Dakota state flag colors (Blue and Gold) and there's a basketball at the top of his cane. The font on the jerseys is either Papyrus or Comic Sans.

They get put in the Eastern Conference just so they can play Boston four times a year for the logo matchup.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 22, 2022

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

What the hell 25 years old? That's awful

Yeah. He went through long periods of sleeping outdoors and in homeless shelters with his 7 siblings and crack addicted father.

I imagine that going hungry so often I will give you a really loving bad relationship with food

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Yeah. He went through long periods of sleeping outdoors and in homeless shelters with his 7 siblings and crack addicted father.

I imagine that going hungry so often I will give you a really loving bad relationship with food
He was 350 pounds as an 8th-grader. You don't get that heavy that early in life without having some kind of underlying condition.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1539434126184529920

https://twitter.com/RealDealBeal23/status/1539437876106207232

lol

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I mean he was always gonna opt out to get his mega deal right

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Man the Wizards really squandered Wall and Beal huh

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

I mean he was always gonna opt out to get his mega deal right

That is my assumption. There's no a lot of ways where opting in benefits him.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Doltos posted:

Wall's legs blew up and Beal took a bit to become a star. They were looking like they were getting there as a 49 win team in 16-17 and then Wall stopped being able to play more than half a seasons worth of games (and was also bad). That's not really the Wizards fault.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

someone explain to me what's going on
https://twitter.com/KingsGuardGG/status/1539373477630722048

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

That looks like e-sports.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I dunno but I'm not fond of it

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Doltos posted:

I dunno, second round exit sure sounds like what their ceiling was at their peak.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 22, 2022

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i remember giving a poo poo about the 2k league for all of a week

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Big Rim lmao

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
someone please get that man some broccoli

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
The real question is what’s big rims SA account

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

jackofarcades posted:

I assume these people got paid in crypto as part of their contract

No one gets paid in crypto, they just convert a portion of their salary, sometimes using a 3rd party to facilitate. It's always just the dumbest form of PR.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
There is also no evidence that they never cashed out before now either

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

No one gets paid in crypto, they just convert a portion of their salary, sometimes using a 3rd party to facilitate. It's always just the dumbest form of PR.

I'm actually sorta assuming they all get paid endorsement money for saying they took bitcoin whether or not they do. The language is full of weasel words like "portion of contract paid" or whatever.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

u know what they say, big rim...big everything

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Lockback posted:

Wall's legs blew up and Beal took a bit to become a star. They were looking like they were getting there as a 49 win team in 16-17 and then Wall stopped being able to play more than half a seasons worth of games (and was also bad). That's not really the Wizards fault.

Yeah John Wall is only 31 and he has been unable to play a full season for half a decade. Can't even blame age or that his game is based on athleticism.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kings going to blow Bigrims potential by playing him as a healer.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

chilihead posted:

Yeah John Wall is only 31 and he has been unable to play a full season for half a decade. Can't even blame age or that his game is based on athleticism.

It's what happens to the Rose-class star guards. Beware Ja Morant.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Most important offseason basketball news, not technically (or at all) NBA but shhhh

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-21/lauren-jackson-out-of-retirement-opals-world-up/101172176

Lauren Jackson coming out of retirement for international play, hell yeah.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lockback posted:

It's what happens to the Rose-class star guards. Beware Ja Morant.

Vince Carter on the other hand.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

Carter was considerably bigger and stouter. Dwade is probably the best example of that archetype with health and longevity and he wasn't exactly an iron man.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Lockback posted:

I'm actually sorta assuming they all get paid endorsement money for saying they took bitcoin whether or not they do. The language is full of weasel words like "portion of contract paid" or whatever.

Yeah, I doubt teams touch crypto at all and it's not in their contracts at all. I'd guess there's actually something in the CBA saying all contracts must be denominated and paid in USD too since there's no way they'd want to deal with conversion issues in cap calculations.

I'm guessing it's either as above or if they are actually true believers, the player just tells the team to send x% of their cheque to whatever crypto company is paying them like how someone might be able to send their pay to different banks.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Size difference aside, I don't recall Vince ever really torquing his body to change directions like Wall, Rose, or Morant have. Even Wade would Eurostep more than do those jump-stop moves the other three did,

Willzilla
Aug 16, 2006

Rawr
I’d like to suggest that should the Fargo Outcasts win, they get to trade 1 player with the losing team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

anakha posted:

Size difference aside, I don't recall Vince ever really torquing his body to change directions like Wall, Rose, or Morant have. Even Wade would Eurostep more than do those jump-stop moves the other three did,

Early Wade was pretty slithery, he'd always end up on the floor after a drive. But yeah, he was a little less explosive.