Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Non-binary rep is cool, but, uh... I'm not the only one who thinks "Death Ranger" sounds like a 14-year-old's DeviantArt OC, am I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Super Sentai has AbareKiller and DeathRyuger, so Death Ranger would fit right in.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

serefin99 posted:

Non-binary rep is cool, but, uh... I'm not the only one who thinks "Death Ranger" sounds like a 14-year-old's DeviantArt OC, am I?

That's how I felt about Shadow Ranger 17 years ago. God, I'm old.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I had no idea Day of the Dumpster wasn't the pilot or that there was a different yellow ranger. :psyduck:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LividLiquid posted:

I had no idea Day of the Dumpster wasn't the pilot or that there was a different yellow ranger. :psyduck:

Yeah

They had a special episode back in...Lightspeed? Where Jason and Zack introduced the original pilot, but it was kind of cut up. The full pilot only released as a bonus on the multi season releases a few years later.

This is also why no one genuinely believed that the whole 'Black guy is Black Ranger, Asian girl is Yellow Ranger' was intentional and was just an unfortunate bit of coincidence, since Audri Dubois was Hispanic.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

LividLiquid posted:

That ASJ interview I've referenced today mentioned that she was one of the first people to complain about the burden put on the actors and get axed, and that this came as a surprise because she was viewed as someone of importance to the studio. Although I don't know what that implies, since she wasn't in Sweet Valley High which was Saban's previous cash cow.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Craptacular! posted:

That ASJ interview I've referenced today mentioned that she was one of the first people to complain about the burden put on the actors and get axed, and that this came as a surprise because she was viewed as someone of importance to the studio. Although I don't know what that implies, since she wasn't in Sweet Valley High which was Saban's previous cash cow.

That's interesting. Her entry on RangerWiki just says she was the first one to complain they ought to get paid more so they bounced her and replaced her with Trang (where the cycle unfortunately continued). I didn't realize JDF essentially snitched on them. That sucks, but he wasn't like a childhood hero or anything.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
https://twitter.com/ASJAustin/status/1529239717799424000?s=20&t=BzcgI2vvoCzgpUtV2H2X0g

Zordon: Alpha, hone in on Jason’s communicator and teleport him to the Command Center before he says something very stupid and potentially incriminating

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Green Ranger laughs in background

"Hahaha at LAST... I will defeat the LEADER of the Power Rangers with Rita's Monster, the Auditor! Mwahahahahahaha!"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://twitter.com/rocco_botte/status/1527528120336543745?s=20&t=j39rLBYPa7GXSrt43EdEPg

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
wait, that tweet was yesterday, this happened an hour and a half ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHmyBxYyjeY

12 minute thing, im just loving watching and we'll see what's up

-telling us not to believe the media, at least the mainstream
-i will make this journey one step at a time, i have nothing but love for those who will take this journey with me
-plea of not guilty, was released
-will have to defend in court "i will fight this thing to the bitter end, i will not go down without a fight"
-he will be at a dallas comic con this weekend, will not talk about the case
-cannot, will not discuss any more of the case because that's a terrible idea, has a legal team.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 25, 2022

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So basically he’s going to fight, and probably still get his rear end banished to the Dark Dimension to get his rear end kicked by Goldar for another 6-10 years

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looks like we might be getting a Kyuranger adaption next:

https://twitter.com/thepowerscoop/status/1539394513382391808?s=20&t=gr9lydRu3vP41mbPZJ8gtw

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I don't know why I thought Hasbro wasn't going to use Sentai footage past the current season?

If they are adapting Kyuranger, I'm interested to see how they handle a main cast that large.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Failson posted:

I don't know why I thought Hasbro wasn't going to use Sentai footage past the current season?

If they are adapting Kyuranger, I'm interested to see how they handle a main cast that large.

Was there ever any proof to that particular rumor?

But yeah, if this is true I’ll be curious how they handle it as well (as even Toei wasn’t too great in that department)

I’m also curious how seasons are going to be handled going forward since this will be the first show that’s 100% Netflix exclusive

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Larryb posted:

Was there ever any proof to that particular rumor?

But yeah, if this is true I’ll be curious how they handle it as well (as even Toei wasn’t too great in that department)

I’m also curious how seasons are going to be handled going forward since this will be the first show that’s 100% Netflix exclusive

I thought there was going to be a massive reboot of the franchise after the next big milestone number, but then again rumors about power rangers dying/restarting/going to a toys only franchise seem to be buzzing around the show every couple years.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though thinking about it more you could also potentially make a space themed show out of Kiramager (space gems) or Zenkaiger (their legendary ranger powers may be something "cosmic") as well.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Cosmic Fury is a lame name

Only because I'm tired of x Force and x Fury

e: obviously this is not that, but given the track record of Bad Sentai:Good PR
I'd really love to see what a PR adaptation of LuPat looks like

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
To address the rumors

They're bullshit. Anything coming from Illimuniderdy, which is most of the rumors we've gotten thus far, are bullshit. Top to bottom.

They have nuggets, tiny corn flakes, of truth, but otherwise are sensationalized nonsense designed to grab attention and be provocative.

What we actually know going forward- Power Rangers will be split between the Mainline Show, made for and aimed at kids, which will continue the main universe and will be using Sentai footage, and an older audience series that will use completely original footage and be a new start divorced from the original continuity. T for Teens, older audience. CW Power Rangers, if you like. That's what the division is. From what we can tell, the Reboot Power Rangers will be shooting in Canada, at least it appears that way.

It will also be based on MMPR, at the *very* least character wise, as indicated by the over all brand manager, if not designs as well. The Reboot Power Rangers will be a mini series that ties into the movie they're doing and that'll all be its own thing. The next season of mainline Power Rangers, currently titled Cosmic Fury, is also liable to change its title before production is done and does not indicate a lot. Hasbro has changed the name of the show mid production before.

What we know about the next season of Mainline Power Rangers is that it starts shooting in August, when Power Rangers typically begins shooting, and will be 12-15 episodes long...for that shooting period. I believe we may be seeing Hasbro switch to filming in batches, as that is the episode count Netflix tends to put up first and foremost, since Power Rangers is staying on Netflix for the foreseeable future. So instead of filming everything ahead of time, film the first batch, and then the next batch closer to the part 2 release on Netflix later on.

There has been a lot of misinformation and out right lies going on, and I want to clear those up now. There's not been any cutting ties with Toei, there's been no abandoning of Sentai footage, and as far as we are ever aware, Power Rangers is not dying.

And there won't be a goddamn animated series motherfucker stop bringing that rumor back it's been around since 2007

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Illuminerdy is like a step away from We Got This Covered.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sockser posted:

Cosmic Fury is a lame name

Only because I'm tired of x Force and x Fury

e: obviously this is not that, but given the track record of Bad Sentai:Good PR
I'd really love to see what a PR adaptation of LuPat looks like

I'm extremely sick of Fury too.

Squadron
Command
Team

Or even do something like Lost Galaxy where the name is about the story/setting versus the team

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should use Battle in a season name.

Just a couple examples:
Power Rangers Dino Battle
Power Rangers Battle Force
Power Rangers Cosmic Battle
Power Rangers Battle Beast

All rolls off the tongue pretty good

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm extremely sick of Fury too.

Squadron
Command
Team

Or even do something like Lost Galaxy where the name is about the story/setting versus the team

Has every title after MMPR been mostly Power Rangers <noun adjective>?

Drake no: Power Rangers Cosmic Fury
Drake yes: Furious Cosmic Power Rangers

Oh man, the reboot series is going to be something like Power Rangers Prime, isn't it?

Burkion posted:

To address the rumors

They're bullshit. Anything coming from Illimuniderdy, which is most of the rumors we've gotten thus far, are bullshit. Top to bottom.

They have nuggets, tiny corn flakes, of truth, but otherwise are sensationalized nonsense designed to grab attention and be provocative.

What we actually know going forward- Power Rangers will be split between the Mainline Show, made for and aimed at kids, which will continue the main universe and will be using Sentai footage, and an older audience series that will use completely original footage and be a new start divorced from the original continuity. T for Teens, older audience. CW Power Rangers, if you like. That's what the division is. From what we can tell, the Reboot Power Rangers will be shooting in Canada, at least it appears that way.

It will also be based on MMPR, at the *very* least character wise, as indicated by the over all brand manager, if not designs as well. The Reboot Power Rangers will be a mini series that ties into the movie they're doing and that'll all be its own thing. The next season of mainline Power Rangers, currently titled Cosmic Fury, is also liable to change its title before production is done and does not indicate a lot. Hasbro has changed the name of the show mid production before.

What we know about the next season of Mainline Power Rangers is that it starts shooting in August, when Power Rangers typically begins shooting, and will be 12-15 episodes long...for that shooting period. I believe we may be seeing Hasbro switch to filming in batches, as that is the episode count Netflix tends to put up first and foremost, since Power Rangers is staying on Netflix for the foreseeable future. So instead of filming everything ahead of time, film the first batch, and then the next batch closer to the part 2 release on Netflix later on.

There has been a lot of misinformation and out right lies going on, and I want to clear those up now. There's not been any cutting ties with Toei, there's been no abandoning of Sentai footage, and as far as we are ever aware, Power Rangers is not dying.

And there won't be a goddamn animated series motherfucker stop bringing that rumor back it's been around since 2007

Thank you, this is appreciated.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Failson posted:

Has every title after MMPR been mostly Power Rangers <noun adjective>?
In Space isn't really Noun-adjective I guess, neither is SPD and RPM

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
if you wanna see some real bullshit naming, look at what they've done with the comic series.

like it's only a few years old and they've exhausted seemingly all logical titles already.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/squallcharlson/status/1540140629174484993?s=21&t=uZqJbJFremGmUR5E6g-26g

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I see no issue. (The JF song slaps.)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

JF had a stoner purple ranger, so that checks out for Cosmic Fury.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zedd posted:

JF had a stoner purple ranger, so that checks out for Cosmic Fury.

I watched like half of Kyuragners, the purple ranger there is definitely also a stoner.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Anyone catch the new issue of Mighty Morphin this week?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, the rest of Dino Fury Season 2 has begun airing overseas so I imagine it won’t be too much longer before Netflix puts it up (don’t know if we have an exact date yet though)

It appears that not only has Zedd returned as expected but he’s apparently officially joined the main baddies and become a reoccurring villain in the series (also we’re getting a Beast Morphers crossover of some kind)

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Agent Rush posted:

Anyone catch the new issue of Mighty Morphin this week?

With all the villains? They're going all out for "100."

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Inkspot posted:

With all the villains? They're going all out for "100."

Yeah, that one! It's certainly an interesting lead-up, hopefully they can stick the landing and it doesn't end up like Beyond The Grid.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Okay we're all tired of MMPR being the only thing that gets merch but

https://twitter.com/flametoys_staff/status/1552880589329801216?t=gKs0uxELIlrEVWxYI2TTtQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/flametoys_staff/status/1552866508581134336?s=21&t=Ap9NR-uZgIe0XM-sXJyutA

This ...actually looks pretty good?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Honestly yeah, it's a pretty sick redesign, I like it.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

That’s what the American movie Megazord should have looked like.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One thing about it that I like are the proportions.

So often with these kind of designs, they make the head teeny tiny to play up animation foreshortening and it just looks bad in a 3D physical piece.

But this is actually good- the head's nice and big.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Only now did I notice that they didn't have anywhere to stow the T-Rex tail, so it's an upright walker with a lizard tail. :thumbsup:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Zord Ascension Project Daizyujin has a clever thing where the tail has a split point at the waist of the robot mode. So you can pull the tail up and plug it into the spine, and then seperate it so it doesn't impugn articulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

Zord Ascension Project Daizyujin has a clever thing where the tail has a split point at the waist of the robot mode. So you can pull the tail up and plug it into the spine, and then seperate it so it doesn't impugn articulation.

It is a good bit of design. Honestly if the ZAP Dragonzord looked good at all to me, I'd be tempted to get it.

I do, as a kaiju fan, love that they just left the tail down for the Flametoys Megazord though. It honestly works really well with the more bestial, mechanized monster style.