Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I think there's only like 1 or 2 people I've seen working there ever. I never had to deal much with a big line and a credit card doesn't take much longer at all than handing over cash so I don't really understand that. If there's a line, it moves very fast because it only takes a few seconds to order something. It's not like they have 50 menu options something.

The only thing I could ever see any kiosk anywhere being useful is for dumb super special orders.

edit: I actually can't remember if we have the kiosks or not. Next time I go I should probably try it out even if there isn't a line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I think there's only like 1 or 2 people I've seen working there ever. I never had to deal much with a big line and a credit card doesn't take much longer at all than handing over cash so I don't really understand that. If there's a line, it moves very fast because it only takes a few seconds to order something. It's not like they have 50 menu options something.

The only thing I could ever see any kiosk anywhere being useful is for dumb super special orders.

edit: I actually can't remember if we have the kiosks or not. Next time I go I should probably try it out even if there isn't a line.

I mean technically it's the only way to order food at Sheetz or WaWa but that's like an easy coast American thing

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I just don't have much experience with them. If a fast food place is busy I just uh... don't go there. So I just never have to wait much in a line anywhere I go so there would be zero reason for me to use the kiosk if a human is just standing there ready for me. Go in, tell them what I want, pay, they give it to me. :shrug:

:corsair:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also if you're a kind person the other human tends to perk up a little bit because usually they just get treated like trash or forgettable and that might make them treat your meal a little better

I mean you should do that for anyone regardless it's not a life hack but it also kind of is in the way that just being a not poo poo human is a fun way to get through life

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Aesop Poprock posted:

I mean you should do that for anyone regardless it's not a life hack but it also kind of is in the way that just being a not poo poo human is a fun way to get through life

:hmmyes:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Been thinkin bout getting an Air-fryer. Costco has like 4 different models. Anyone have recommendations or suggestion?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Don't

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bucnasti posted:

Been thinkin bout getting an Air-fryer. Costco has like 4 different models. Anyone have recommendations or suggestion?

I just have a basic Corsico model and it works fine but it just beeps randomly which is annoying

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bucnasti posted:

Cuisinart

Been using ours a fuckload. Saves us so much time heating leftovers and making fries and wings, and let us ditch our toaster

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
We just bought the flip up Ninja combination toaster oven and air fryer and it's awesome. We were coming from a nearly 20 year old toaster where the darkness setting was a mere suggestion, though. Will it be toast or will it be bread? Who knows!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Bucnasti posted:

Instapot

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Air fryer basket on an instant pot can make like one serving of stuff for ants

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I used the Costco Instacart service before but not recently. I just got an email saying we were signed up today for a year, for $79. Did I sign up for a free trial and forget to unsubscribe or something?

Edit: going to the website, it offered to sell me the Costco Instacart plan for 99/year. Now I'm even more confused!

redreader fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 22, 2022

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I have the Ninja foodi that's the combination, the air fryer, pressure cooker, slow cooker, etc. It's fine. It's very big and heavy though. I find myself getting similar results with the convection setting on my oven, also I can cook more in my oven.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

How is a kiosk faster than literally just saying the word's "a hotdog please?"

last time there was a line for the koisk and i walked to the cash window with two $1 bills and wham bam hotdog slam in my hand. :hai:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
mite put it on the kiosk

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Someone mentioned kiosks only being good as the number of employees behind the counter. I’d add that it’s more important if there’s not a clusterfuck at the kiosks. I’m in San Diego and while it’s usually pretty busy it’s been rare when there have been long lines at kiosks. Life needs more kiosks as even more people who know how to use them.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

redreader posted:

I used the Costco Instacart service before but not recently. I just got an email saying we were signed up today for a year, for $79. Did I sign up for a free trial and forget to unsubscribe or something?

Edit: going to the website, it offered to sell me the Costco Instacart plan for 99/year. Now I'm even more confused!

The free Instacart trial with a Costco membership is like 2 or 3 months, followed by $79 for the rest of the year.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Someone mentioned kiosks only being good as the number of employees behind the counter. I’d add that it’s more important if there’s not a clusterfuck at the kiosks. I’m in San Diego and while it’s usually pretty busy it’s been rare when there have been long lines at kiosks. Life needs more kiosks as even more people who know how to use them.

Usually I see the kiosks empty while a bunch of people loosely stand near them with a look of panic and confusion on their faces

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

I have the Ninja foodi that's the combination, the air fryer, pressure cooker, slow cooker, etc. It's fine. It's very big and heavy though. I find myself getting similar results with the convection setting on my oven, also I can cook more in my oven.

A lot of people don't have convection ovens in the U.S. (I never have) so an air fryer can be nice to have.

I also have the Instant Pot attachment and yeah you can't cook very much in it. We actually have the older attachment but they sell ones now with the fryer and pressure lid combined, which saves even more space.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I have never seen a line at the kiosks, they are good and fast

trip report: spent $135, got a pendleton picnic blanket that matches one of my couch ones :3, Rao's, those Izze lemonades that were on sale, some other stuff, and a chickennnnn

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 22, 2022

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I bought the frozen chicken breasts and forgot they switched over to no longer being individually wrapped. After 9 zip lock bags later I used more plastic than if they just were individually wrapped. Good job!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

they make reusable ziploc bags if you're actually interested in reducing the amount of plastic you use in your day to day life

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Not for raw chicken, no.

I might start buying fresh chicken at the regular store and bagging it myself, the bag o frozen breasts is sub par. :(

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i like to get the rotisserie chicken and then tear it up when I get home to make enchiladas with

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i like to get the rotisserie chicken and then tear it up when I get home to put directly in my mouth

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I have never seen a line at the kiosks, they are good and fast

trip report: spent $135, got a pendleton picnic blanket that matches one of my couch ones :3, Rao's, those Izze lemonades that were on sale, some other stuff, and a chickennnnn

Izze juices are top notch. Blackberry's my boy

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

I eat the wings direct

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

I got the foodi when it was on sale and my wife and I love it. She air fries everything and seems to like it. I love using the pressure cook setting for rice, and the sous vide setting is great too. It has replaced my slow cooker as well. I'd never bother using it for something my oven and stove can already do (except the rice), but it's been a great addition to our kitchen.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Bramble posted:

I got the foodi when it was on sale and my wife and I love it. She air fries everything and seems to like it. I love using the pressure cook setting for rice, and the sous vide setting is great too. It has replaced my slow cooker as well. I'd never bother using it for something my oven and stove can already do (except the rice), but it's been a great addition to our kitchen.

I think my only complaint besides the storage space needed for it is that the air fryer lid is permanently attached to the body via a hinge, even when you use the pressure cooker lid.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
that is...large

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Looks like a Pokemon

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

$460? How the hell did I spend... oh, I impulse bought $100 worth of pot roast and beef jerky that had instant rebates.

Also, boo Rao's up to $12 now.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

schreibs posted:

I bought the frozen chicken breasts and forgot they switched over to no longer being individually wrapped. After 9 zip lock bags later I used more plastic than if they just were individually wrapped. Good job!

Cook more than one chicken breast at a time? The current packaging makes dinner for two, lunch for two perfectly

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

FogHelmut posted:

I think my only complaint besides the storage space needed for it is that the air fryer lid is permanently attached to the body via a hinge, even when you use the pressure cooker lid.

I've had cheaper cars

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Was at the mall with my kids getting camp clothes. I asked if they wanted to get something to eat and they said they wanted to go to Costco for the $1.50 dog and pizza. Proudest moment of my life. #blessed

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

schreibs posted:

Out of curiosity, why did you need to repackage them into other bags?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Alright I'm going to Costco to buy snacks for a card night tonight, what's something new I should pick up

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Those milk tea mochi are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Those milk tea mochi are good.

Ooh hell yes