Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh man I’m remembering just how amazing Kentucky Route Zero is again and getting so so so excited for the veeg streams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I talk and listen to him talking.
It’s late.
It will only get later.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

I talk and listen to him talking.
It’s late.
It will only get later.

(act v spoilers)

I have no will now left to comfort you,
But, staring at the clouds, my vision showed:
In distant valleys, home to better friends,
May yet some day a new and hale grass grow.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
The bureau of reclaimed space is one of my favorite bits from krz, the organ track owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAq0iS0_gxU

Also Noah’s video on Disco Elysium is very good, you should beat it esco so you can watch it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_7ngJDbUQE

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Rolo posted:

Plan octane has nothing to do with MPG. It's more for preventing knack.

I want to call this out for being wonderful.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

wait i think i did

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Take that, linguistic prescriptivist [edit: didn't like using morons despite its punchyness] word authoritarians!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Vikar Jerome posted:

:sickos:

Ff14 Discs 2 to 9 own, disc 7 is best disc :colbert:

Which one was disc 7 again?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Which one was disc 7 again?

the one where u throw it in the trash and never play again

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm assuming they're counting each expansion as 1 disc and each patch cycle as another. So 7 would be base Shadowbringers, probably

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I might be a bit of an outlier cuz I think I liked Stormblood more than Shadowbringers

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Storm blood msq was good but still a bit formulaic which was a shame after HW's reveals and twists and turns. Kugane prob my favourite city yet though.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I wish Ishgard had platforming like Kugane

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Walrus posted:

I wish Ishgard had platforming like Kugane

The new housing district does!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Up to Aldritch on my DS3 playthrough and man its fun going full dex two hand no shield. I even made it through Irithyll Dungeon without cursing too much, and I hate that level.

Bust Rodd posted:

I played Plague’s Tale for about 6-10ish hours, I think, and got to the part with a little alchemist boy who I’m escaping with and his master just died, and I have absolutely no idea how far I am into the game, but I just absolutely hate this gameplay loop. It feels like The Last of Us, in that I get to play for fun for a few minutes before I need some stupid setpiece like a wagon or a torch or a catapult and now I have to play the waiting game. Am I almost done? I’ll finish it if I’m close, or at least over halfway.

I think you are about 3/4 of the way done?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

More like based Shadowbringers

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqhjXf83Lkg

Ray Tracing at 60fps :eyepop: I gotta replay RE7. I only played through it once at launch and loved it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I played RE7 like four times, it’s sooo fun. Better than 8 imho

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

resident evil is definitely like final fantasy in that seven is better than eight

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

RE8 is my favorite horror game ever but I really, really have to get to playing through all of RE7. It’s still funny to me that I played it one night only for about 5 hours, loved it, and then never played again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Casnorf posted:

resident evil is definitely like final fantasy in that seven is better than eight

The most hosed up opinion to date

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Vikar Jerome posted:

:sickos:

Ff14 Discs 2 to 9 own, disc 7 is best disc :colbert:

Disc 9 has the highest highs, but disc 7 is the most consistently good.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The most hosed up opinion to date

y'dont come to the fish for comfort

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Playing ps1 games i bought on a ps3 14 years ago on a ps5 for free without upgrading my sub @ 50hz displayed at 60hz. A single tear rolls down my cheek.

Edit:no ps1 logo intro gently caress this stupid planet psfail bullshit gtfo jim ryan

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

CottonWolf posted:

Disc 9 has the highest highs, but disc 7 is the most consistently good.

I would agree. Disc 9 has better normal battle music tho. As does all the other discs. Lmao disc 7 reg battle music sucks

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Casnorf posted:

And 6 is even better than both

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

As I thought, Plague Tale Requiem is coming out October 18th. Looks awesome! And disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k_WdZwwwmk

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I played RE7 like four times, it’s sooo fun. Better than 8 imho

RE7 and RE8 are both fantastic but in very different ways. I love ‘em both, and it’s kind of funny that RE8 is a longer game when you play it normally, but like an hour shorter than RE7 if you’re just going for pure speed.

Also I’ve been playing Mafia Remastered and I’m really impressed with how much I’ve been enjoying what essentially is a GTA-like from 2002. It’s kind of a simple shooting gallery type game most of the time, but the controls are solid, the updated visuals are really good, and the story is a ton of fun even if it’s pretty predictable. oh no the car bomb hit the wrong target who could have possibly seen that coming lmao

I’ve been wanting to play the whole series and they’re all on super PS+, so I’m excited to move on to Mafia 2 once I wrap this one up. I guess that one’s more of a port than a remaster, but it should still be a good time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The highs of 8 are bigger than the highs of 7 but it’s a worse game over all, IMO. I like them both.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 23, 2022

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

As I thought, Plague Tale Requiem is coming out October 18th. Looks awesome! And disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k_WdZwwwmk

Why would they open the trailer with what looks to be janky physics on the swing? It's like it doesn't accelerate and decelerate or something. Looks bad.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bust Rodd posted:

The highs of 8 are bigger than the highs of 7 but it’s a worse game over all, IMO. I like them both.

They put in a bunch of interesting options focused on speedrunning, which is a lot of fun. I thought the rocket pistol you can unlock after beating the game was a bit of a letdown, but then I realized that it’s essentially a “get the gently caress outta my way I got poo poo to do” button instead of a damage dealer, and now I kinda love it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Is Tiny Tina’s Wonderiand worth $60? I liked all the Borderlands, but I always get disheartened by how much all the DLC ends up costing.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD6kj7icSmw

lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yes. YES. YES

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

FilthyImp posted:

I dunno what happened with Twisted Metal 3 but the endings there are some lame poo poo.

3 was made by different people.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Played through half of RE1, good times.

Went the weird route where Barry doesn't save you or help you much at all for a laugh.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Played through half of RE1, good times.

Went the weird route where Barry doesn't save you or help you much at all for a laugh.

lol same. Its funny too, like the game actively spites you for it and removes ammo

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Vikar Jerome posted:

And 6 is even better than both

i like how you get it

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

????

https://twitter.com/insider_wtf/status/1540088506701254656

november 11??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that’s the year it’s coming out 1110 on da fuckin PS -58