Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i can hear the theremin from here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Armitag3 posted:

you have to turn its monitor on first

:psyduck:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://youtu.be/sTWD0j4tec4

burning swine
May 26, 2004

uh
ok dictionary.com
thanks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
freshman year there was this jacked dickhead whod get mad and break things across the hall from us so we called him apeman and he fuckin hated our guts. we hung bananas on his door handle

he got the last laugh as his roommate was our buddy and he got walked in on while jerkin it and apeman filed a formal sexual harassment complaint and got him kicked out and into the Problem Kids dorm so he had a room to himself the second half of the year

this was the same guy who popped his acl humping my bedpost in my room while i was trying to score a date on the phone and had to be taken out on a stretcher

thanks for listening to my story

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
also apeman had a guitar and big amp and tried to play and sing smashing pumpkins songs but could do neither

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

Abe Books has a couple at the moment. someone i think itt posted about it a while back, and some copies turned up at the start of June

awesome.

thanks mang, i just grabbed a copy and also computer (objekt)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

graph posted:

also apeman had a guitar and big amp and tried to play and sing smashing pumpkins songs but could do neither
sounds cool what kind of supplements was he using?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

graph posted:

i'm trying to imagine someone doing a bad billy corgan impression and frankly i can't

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

congratulations everyone on ur incoming resume update

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no one has ever asked "what are nano influencers?"

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the proper way to pronounce abebooks is to pronounce abe as in the former japanese pm

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wild EEPROM posted:

the proper way to pronounce abebooks is to pronounce abe as in the former japanese pm

I’m not sure if you’re joking but that’s how I’ve been doing it

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

infernal machines posted:

no one has ever asked "what are nano influencers?"

can't wait for the pico-influencers with 0-10 followers

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

“Digestive wellness brand Metamucil continues to position itself as Australia’s number one fibre supplement with the launch of Gutland – a first-of-its-kind Virtual Reality (VR) experience at Darling Harbour in Sydney via Diesel Immersive. The VR pop-up will be live in Darling Harbour this Saturday, April 14 [2018].

Gutland, a real world and VR experience, will see users navigate through a highly stylized and gamified digestive system. Whilst moving through the mouth, stomach and intestines, participants will take on a series of challenges before finally exiting out of the proverbial back door.

Says Daniel Sim Lind, founder, Diesel Immersive: “The VR experiences now possible in the home are extraordinary, but while you can see a 3D world around you, when it comes to touch you’re limited to holding game-style controllers. What sets Metamucil’s Gutland experience apart is that you can physically touch everything you see in the VR world. Everything you place your hands on real world is exactly matched by virtual objects inside Gutland. With P&G’s support we have built the world’s most tactile VR experience, with dozens of touchable and tracked objects.””

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Makes sense you're riding around in a log

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

KoRMaK posted:

sounds cool what kind of supplements was he using?

not sure

infernal machines posted:

i'm trying to imagine someone doing a bad billy corgan impression and frankly i can't

if there was easy video and social media back then holmes wouldve gone viral, trust

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

graph posted:

that didnt prevent billy corgan from selling millions of records

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

FMguru posted:

that didnt prevent billy corgan from selling millions of records

this is the thing

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Eeyo posted:

can't wait for the pico-influencers with 0-10 followers

me, online

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i'm a standard influencer, with one trillion followers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’m a pico-influencer, I’ve got one follower

e: gently caress. ok I’m femto-influencer with .001 followers

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

19 followers away from nano-influencerhood :smith:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
stuff like advertising via nano-influencers is actually super interesting to me, watching the rapid evolution of a completely new media world has been super wild

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/wedontexisthere/status/1540241523450826754

this person doesn't exist and yet they seem to be reading my posts

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
somehow each one of those cost 100 dollars

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Animal Friend posted:

https://twitter.com/wedontexisthere/status/1540241523450826754

this person doesn't exist and yet they seem to be reading my posts

nah, that's a hockey player, i've seen them on tv

all hockey players look like this

rotor posted:

stuff like advertising via nano-influencers is actually super interesting to me, watching the rapid evolution of a completely new media world has been super wild

that's certainly one word for it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lake of Methane posted:

participants will take on a series of challenges before finally exiting out of the proverbial back door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoKIXRV14GI

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Lake of Methane posted:

“Digestive wellness brand Metamucil continues to position itself as Australia’s number one fibre supplement with the launch of Gutland – a first-of-its-kind Virtual Reality (VR) experience at Darling Harbour in Sydney via Diesel Immersive. The VR pop-up will be live in Darling Harbour this Saturday, April 14 [2018].

futurama did it better

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

burning swine posted:

I've posted it before but this bizzare little thing came across my desk in ~2009

running windows vista

I love that, I bought one of these ages ago and while it was cool, it was impossible to use

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

send it to me and i'll install gentoo on it

burning swine
May 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

I love that, I bought one of these ages ago and while it was cool, it was impossible to use

i mean if you hooked up a real keyboard and mouse and screen it was

still an intel atom

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Tankakern posted:

send it to me and i'll install gentoo on it

it probably already has a switch to put it in silent mode

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

it probably already has a switch to put it in silent mode

:emptyquote:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

wheres this fit in

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jabberlock posted:

wheres this fit in

lol, that reminds me that every toorcamp i've been to involve someone bringing kegs of that stuff along. which is in fact amazing when you're out in july weather for a few days

incidentally, is anyone from here going to toorcamp? drop me a line if you want to talk to an internet idiot in real life for some reason

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Jabberlock posted:

wheres this fit in

hippies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
more like yer bad, mate