Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I'm thinking about re-installing battle brothers

yay/nay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i prefer battle chess

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

is there a modern battle chess?

played the poo poo out of that when I was a kid

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Casual Encountess posted:

i prefer battle chess

i played battle chess with just the regular chess pieces because i had a 286 (even if it was an XT), until i realized i was just playing chess

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the battle chess AI is laughably bad

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

symphony of war looks like a decent fire emblem knockoff

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the battle chess AI is laughably bad

yeah that's how i could keep plaiyng for a time

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
if you sign up for chess.com, do a couple lessons (get to the ones about controlling the board) and practice some of the puzzles to reinforce some pattern recognition and you can crush battle chess.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

man in the eyeball hat posted:

pave the world, friend

i just went to freeplay after a while, i don't think i missed much doing that. i kinda wish the game had multiplayer so i could have a well oiled team of people accidentally exploding the ship with a rookie shooting expensive reclaim off into space

there's a neat special shift at the end of the campaign but other than that not much

yeah being forced to wait through less-than-stellar VO in the Hab was garbage, despite kinda liking the story in the end

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

did a fun little project a few days ago

ended up learning a lot; and there's some satisfaction in getting switch games emulated on my pc by dumping them myself instead of outright piracy, won't lie :v:

also 60fps patch on the new Kirby (Carby?) rules

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

kahrbeh

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

rotor posted:

ok so i guess it was released a billion years ago and i missed it but the Descent sequel is on hypersale and i'm super pumped about it

https://store.steampowered.com/app/448850/Overload/

I liked descent as a kid but I have and will always love the descent ii soundtrack. Considering overload is 8 bucks for some sort of 4 pack this seems like a good deal.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

wait that came out?? lets fuckin go

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

got to try the turtles game with six players last night and it's an insane mess. cycled though probably six groups and never made it through more than one stage before it all fell apart for some reason

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i am enjoying the stellaris dlc that made vassals a good game mechanic

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i can't seem to bring myself to purchase the overlord DLC for some reason

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the hardspace game, like all games, i wish i could skip the forced story stuff. dont make me listen to a recording while standing in my habitat, its so loving boring.

the entire time I'm like "where's the button to report Lou to the administrator"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

well ain’t we a good little employee

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah man. administrator wants to give me harder ships and bombs. all lou wants to do is trap me in conversations about her love life and try to get me to read her zine or whatever.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
shaggar is right

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
forcing me to do a tutorial AND arguing against the use of explosives?

c'mon man

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-D13QOKmd8

I have zero interest in the RTS genre but DARWINIA was -lite enough that I gave it a try and I really enjoyed it, love those little T-pose guys and the overall aesthetic was :discourse:

Oh poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCr2_-hhG8

A Remaster that I totally missed, and its available as a free update to the original game, which is currently in the Steam sale for less than two quid

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1500/Darwinia/

If you have any love of RTS-lite, this was a fantastic bit of fun way back when, and I'm planning on doing a replay now I've seen this news.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Got Jedi fallen order on steamsale and it's decent. As iffy as starwars media can be the games generally trend on the good side.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Got Jedi fallen order on steamsale and it's decent. As iffy as starwars media can be the games generally trend on the good side.

that's another one on gamep rear end

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i think im gonna get shredders revenge but i cant decide ps5 or switch

we have lots of switch controllers so could play 3 player. could play 3 player if we install the ps4 version i guess

but ms jones almost certainly wont actually play with us

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you want it on switch, PlayStation doesn’t support the 6 player mode, but switch, xbone and PC do

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yeah it's a fairly pleasant cross between tomb raider and a souls-like

with better plot and writing than the majority of main-line star wars media

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

you want it on switch, PlayStation doesn’t support the 6 player mode, but switch, xbone and PC do

i cant imagine that game with 6 players. thats like foot clan holocaust

also i call michelangelo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

its good and

Roosevelt posted:

that's another one on gamep rear end

Achmed Jones posted:

i think im gonna get shredders revenge but i cant decide ps5 or switch

we have lots of switch controllers so could play 3 player. could play 3 player if we install the ps4 version i guess

but ms jones almost certainly wont actually play with us

also on gamep rear end

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
c rimworld s: don't underestimate the bugs.

edit: I sent two allied defense groups and one caravan after the bugs, and it did absolutely nothing. god drat those bugs!

Pythagoras a trois fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 25, 2022

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

is it actually on gamep rear end or is it one of those ea games that makes you use their lovely launcher

the worst thing about it is that it has sim city 2000 but the DOS version not the superior windows version

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I don't know, I use game pass on the xbox and everything is the same

game pass pc is a second class citizen

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

is it actually on gamep rear end or is it one of those ea games that makes you use their lovely launcher

the worst thing about it is that it has sim city 2000 but the DOS version not the superior windows version

kicks you into ea launcher yeah. never actually bothered playing a game on there, but seems pretty minimal effort if one actually wants one of the game.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

kicks you into ea launcher yeah. never actually bothered playing a game on there, but seems pretty minimal effort if one actually wants one of the game.

I have tried but most of the time i have tried installing anything it just locks up which is about the level of usability i expect from EA. it worked before i went to windows 11 so i'm guessing thats the problem

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
My "can actually run" rate with ea game pass games was about 33%

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

oh well, not that surprised. even as a bit of a game pass apologist (man it is a good deal) i've never actually recommended anything from the ea catalog, as even if it worked perfectly it is absolutely a wart on it.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

RokosCockatrice posted:

c rimworld s: don't underestimate the bugs.

edit: I sent two allied defense groups and one caravan after the bugs, and it did absolutely nothing. god drat those bugs!

the only good bug is a dead bug!!!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the bugs are really tough

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i totally cheese the bugs and bottleneck them in a doorway with 2 or 3 melee people up front in armour and shooters in the back. bugs get hosed up against melee - save up for a couple monoswords and ur laffin

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

been revisiting the ps2. picked up sands of time and burnout 3 today. :stoked: