Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sapozhnik posted:

yeah and unspeakable cruelty has been committed under the banner of the christian cross for the past two millennia. symbols represent what we make them represent.

the early christian church used the fish for a few hundred years rather than the cross, i assume because making the thing that painfully executed your founder your symbol seems pretty... weird...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

the early christian church used the fish for a few hundred years rather than the cross, i assume because making the thing that painfully executed your founder your symbol seems pretty... weird...

it's because fish are delicious

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

im communistpilled thanks to yospos

foreverially yospilled, fully amberified and loving it

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

mrmcd posted:

Only accidentally. X pilled is from "red pilled" which is a meme reddit incel nazis borrowed from the Matrix, except in their version the evil all powerful computer secretly controlling society is feminism. Parts of the Matrix are arguably a trans allegory, but none of these incel dipshits are smart enough to realize that.

Everything on the internet is so loving stupid.

there's nothing arguable about the matrix being a trans allegory (it is, even as it's also other things)

it's still hilarious that e-nazis proudly proclaim their opposition to the gynocracy in these terms, regardless of whether their appropriation of trans experience was unknowing (it was)

albeit mildly infuriating too

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

lol, so what are they going to now that binance.us has cut fees to zero?

also how the gently caress is binance.us allowed to operate in the USA but binance is not?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Shame Boy posted:

jesus of nftareth

come with me, and i will make you phishers of discord mods

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

im communistpilled thanks to yospos

fully yospilled and loving it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Grace Baiting posted:

gently caress!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

ownpilled

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Grace Baiting posted:

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Bluecobra posted:

also how the gently caress is binance.us allowed to operate in the USA but binance is not?

they are "separate" "legal" "entities"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
you can still use butt coins to buy unprescribed diy hrt from shady greymarket sites online so it's doing something good in the world
im pretty sure this only works because the feds don't care enough to put in any effort stopping it though, considering how easy they have it tracking down drug sales nowadays

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

the fish was also a lightly coded recognition symbol when they were still an underground cult.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

and by an amber poster, truly shameful.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I meant to post about this last night but lol

quote:

Moody's said that as at 31 March 2022, Coinbase had $6.1 billion in cash and cash equivalents, a healthy position relative to its $3.4 billion in long-term debt, including the $2 billion rated senior guaranteed notes (due 2028 and 2031).

so let’s just slice that in half (or more now) lol.

I’m sure Coinbase will survive but they aren’t looking too good right now especially if crypto dips even lower.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

don't sign :xd::xd::xd::xd:

amberpos is easier on my eyes than greenpos, in particular @ nite :shrug:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

:drat:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I meant to post about this last night but lol

so let’s just slice that in half (or more now) lol.

I’m sure Coinbase will survive but they aren’t looking too good right now especially if crypto dips even lower.

Oh Moody's, you got it wrong again, here fixed it for you:

Cash equivalents? No, bitcoin!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

one of the greatest tricks of the 2008 crisis was that moodys, s&p, etc. didn't get in a single bit of trouble for putting A ratings on thousands of house of cards bullshit derivative investments that fell apart so fast they didn't even have time to downgrade them

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

qirex posted:

one of the greatest tricks of the 2008 crisis was that moodys, s&p, etc. didn't get in a single bit of trouble for putting A ratings on thousands of house of cards bullshit derivative investments that fell apart so fast they didn't even have time to downgrade them

they got in a little bit of trouble, which is why the ratings now have "FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY" in legalese on them

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
well that ought to fix things and avoid a repeat of 2008 i reckon

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

you can still use butt coins to buy unprescribed diy hrt from shady greymarket sites online so it's doing something good in the world
im pretty sure this only works because the feds don't care enough to put in any effort stopping it though, considering how easy they have it tracking down drug sales nowadays

sure but you can also use a bunch of other non-lovely methods

source: i do it sometimes

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

web3 is going great posted:

Crypto-themed restaurant stops accepting crypto

The Bored Ape-themed "Bored & Hungry" restaurant in Long Beach, California has stopped accepting crypto payments. Despite excitedly announcing the first ever crypto purchase, made with Apecoin, when the restaurant opened in April, it seems crypto payments haven't been working out for them.
The LA Times reported that the restaurant had stopped accepting crypto at some point in the past, and that an employee described the crypto payment option as both unwieldy and unpopular with customers.

For now, and indefinitely going forward, customers will have to pay for their $13 hamburgers with plain old fiat.

as usual, everything about actually using cryptocurrency is so incredibly poo poo that actually functioning businesses are strongly incentivised to eliminate it where possible

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
ah, but you see, once the lightning network is ready,

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shame Boy posted:

sure but you can also use a bunch of other non-lovely methods

source: i do it sometimes
you trace online drug sales, or do HGH?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

you trace online drug sales, or do HGH?

yes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

but also i buy trans drugs for friends who can't afford em' and can't get a prescription sometimes

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

but also i buy trans drugs for friends who can't afford em' and can't get a prescription sometimes

I mean this in a sincere way, you sound like a good person and friend

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

that's some top level true buckaroo poo poo

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Clockwerk posted:

I mean this in a sincere way, you sound like a good person and friend

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

shame boy? more like proud b...no nevermind we'll have to think of something else

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

DashingGentleman posted:

I told him people like him were dooming the planet (everybody clapped) and he was utterly shocked that I knew all about bitcoin but hadn’t been “orange pilled”.

a pretty good youtube channel was trying to popularize the term "orange pill" to refer to people who had seen how great walkable/bikeable/transitable communities could be (orange for the netherlands) and thus could not go back to enjoying cities designed around cars. if it's used for some bitcoin bullshit I'll avoid using it in casual conversation though.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the matrix was released twenty-three years ago

that person should probably find new things to reference

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

ah, but you see, once the lightning network is ready,

once it's ready... what?!

finish your thought, don't leave us hanging!!!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

...! posted:

you'll have to check back in in 6 months when the lighting network is up and running to see the exciting conclusion

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

...! posted:

there's nothing to finish. saying "once the lightning network is ready," immediately forks you into a parallel universe where the lightning network is complete and everything is possible, leaving all of us nocoiners behind in the "real" universe

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

i can't wait for the lightning network to energize etherium's proof of stake blockchain

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
more like wallet lightening network

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
more like lightning won't work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret