Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

burnout 3 had the best track names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the battle chess AI is laughably bad

I’ve never played chess before so it’d probably be needs suiting

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
my ego wants me to play smash brothers

my id wants me to buy all the rimworld dlc and make a new colony, after the last colony, after like 30 hours, was tpk'd by bugs

my super ego says I should go check out overload, which I already spent the $8.73 on

the world is ending but this isn't the worst decision to have to make

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm just getting my butt kicked in mahjong right now

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

dioxazine posted:

i'm just getting my butt kicked in mahjong right now

some days you can't be stopped, others you get ron'd into the shadow realm by some jackass with a 13 Orphans in game 1

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

some days you can't be stopped, others you get ron'd into the shadow realm by some jackass with a 13 Orphans in game 1

i walked into a concealed kan and then got blown up discarding a 2 pin because i misread the wait :negative:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

knight to queen's bishop three

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

retro game question:

I want to have my roms on a headless linux server and be able to play them from any of my devices

what are my options?

is there a headless steam that will work with steam link?

I also found a clone of emulatorjs is it any good?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

bonus c idle game s: grimoire incremental is quite good and now on ios

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

The Fool posted:

looks deece will give it a spin

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

time to give it a rest, i've dropped a tier today

maybe back to rimworld for a bit

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
vampire survivors

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

vampire survivors

it is good fun. makes me incredibly tired with how visually busy it is though.

is on game pass.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

vampire survivors
:hai:

later levels have great music too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bta1TuZH14A

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I've gotta say I like the Steam sale because you can always find good games for under $20 but invariably whatever I get pops up for free on Epic in a month.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I've gotta say I like the Steam sale because you can always find good games for under $20 but invariably whatever I get pops up for free on Epic in a month.

but then you have to run the epic launcher

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

The Fool posted:

retro game question:

I want to have my roms on a headless linux server and be able to play them from any of my devices

what are my options?

is there a headless steam that will work with steam link?

I also found a clone of emulatorjs is it any good?

imo put your roms on a cifs/smb share and use libretro, there's a webassembly client you can use locally if the device doesn't natively support it

e: hell you can just upload them temporarily i guess https://web.libretro.com

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 26, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

today i learned that ori & the will of the wisps is not in fact the same game as the one i played over half a decade ago :eng99:

(e) otoh, sweet, a 'new' metroidvania for me to play :)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

The Fool posted:

good idle game ty again for the recc

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Ciaphas posted:

today i learned that ori & the will of the wisps is not in fact the same game as the one i played over half a decade ago :eng99:

(e) otoh, sweet, a 'new' metroidvania for me to play :)

I liked the gameplay of Ori:tWotW, but I felt like the story went too far up its own rear end.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my catgirl summoner is level 41 now and i'm having a lot of fun playing ffxiv. Did you know that the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV has a free trial, and includes the entirety of A Realm Reborn AND the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 with no restrictions on playtime? Sign up, and enjoy Eorzea today!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i bought the ninja turtles game but haven't played it yet

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

i bought the ninja turtles game but haven't played it yet

it's good, kiddo really enjoyed it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

my catgirl summoner is level 41 now and i'm having a lot of fun playing ffxiv. Did you know that the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV has a free trial, and includes the entirety of A Realm Reborn AND the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 with no restrictions on playtime? Sign up, and enjoy Eorzea today!

the only thing keeping me from trying it out is not having a system to run it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this poo poo will run with modest settings on igpu poo poo

are you really on a pentium 4 or w/e

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Fool posted:

it's good, kiddo really enjoyed it

my kid beat it before I did.

it’s a good game

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

this poo poo will run with modest settings on igpu poo poo

are you really on a pentium 4 or w/e

nothing runs pleasantly on an igpu

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

i avoided playing it for the longest time because the one friend who shared screenshots played with the gamma cranked up to make so everything looked like poo poo. its very nice looking when you have a 120hz monitor and also have enough friends playing to avoid pubbies or, even worse, "expert" players

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i avoided playing it for the longest time because the one friend who shared screenshots played with the gamma cranked up to make so everything looked like poo poo.

sounds like a guy who's played enough mmos that try to be "atmospheric" by just making dungeons too dark to see anything

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i avoided playing it for the longest time because the one friend who shared screenshots played with the gamma cranked up to make so everything looked like poo poo. its very nice looking when you have a 120hz monitor and also have enough friends playing to avoid pubbies or, even worse, "expert" players

there's definitely a type for this

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Jabor posted:

sounds like a guy who's played enough mmos that try to be "atmospheric" by just making dungeons too dark to see anything

maybe it's just me but i always hated this about elder scrolls game. i feel like a cave fish when i'm going into a cave in morrowind.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Eeyo posted:

maybe it's just me but i always hated this about elder scrolls game. i feel like a cave fish when i'm going into a cave in morrowind.

night eye is actually useful in morrowind

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've cranked brightness way up when playing computer video games since I was a kid, because I always thought it was a huge waste not to see all the graphics.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
2+ decades of loving around with quake bhopping, cs:s surfmaps, and titanfall speedrunning have made me rather good at neon white

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

40 years of games have made me fat.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Eeyo posted:

yeeeep, one of the few games at the time that i'd do it for. i had an old ibm monitor with little click pop out dials for brightness and contrast that were incredibly useful for quick scene changes

SmokaDustbowl posted:

night eye is actually useful in morrowind

it super is. eq1 also had really dark nights and races with passive infravision were worth considering, or class spells and items. some of those woods were super annoying to stumble through identical trees while spiders gnawed you down in murky shadows

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i avoided playing it for the longest time because the one friend who shared screenshots played with the gamma cranked up to make so everything looked like poo poo.

iirc it comes like that by default and also the lighting is loving terrible ancient so if you don't crank it and if your character fails the paper bag test then you'll be replaced with a pitch black void with eyes in a lot of cutscenes

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

40 years of games have made me fat.

lmao

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

ok, after getting the first speed upgrade overload is starting to click for me. circle strafing along all six axes is pretty chill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
yeah its coming back to me pretty fast

I'm having a hard time with somewhere to put strafe up & down, i cant find somewhere that feels natural

but really impressed by how they just said "you know, descent was basically perfect at what it did. Lets just make it again." and everyone looked around the room and said "ok then"