Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

I must stress that it is not like Soulslikes. It is aping the feel not the gameplay. It also took me some time to fully acclimatise, but once I did I would rank it really high against actual Souls likes. The sequel did not quite land right for me for one thing and one thing only: healing (yeah, me, healing, what?)

It is a slow and deliberate style of combat but when you get the mods to tailor your playthrough style you become a big beefy powerhouse. I love big beefy bois and birls :3:

Yeah I havent been able to get into any soulslike ever which is why I've steered clear of it, but I'm tempted since it's right there. Slow and deliberate combat sounds good to me. That's exactly why I like the first dark souls game best over the other 2 cuz its much slower paced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

Nah that’s a pretty good month

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dunno what that middle thing is but two things I might play but would never pay for puts it above most months.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Obligatory fridge corn I've Never Played This Game and Never Will Post:

Crash Bandicoot

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I was looking at Crash 4 a while ago but the sale wasn't saley enough. This is good imo.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I downloaded Ghost of Tsushima through ps plus and I'm playing on lethal mode because I am a Hardcore Gamer. Arrows are wrecking my poo poo though.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

Obligatory fridge corn I've Never Played This Game and Never Will Post:

Crash Bandicoot

most hosed up thing you've ever posted and thats a high bar for you fridge

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

cubicle gangster posted:

Everyone's probably sick of me posting about elden ring a million times but to give an update I've pasted a couple more bosses, got a nasty new sword that does over 200 damage and I'm level 25!

All of the things I was told I'd appreciate about this over the others in the series I do - every single boss so far has been right next to a revive point, or close enough to one I sprint without fighting. Makes a huge difference.

:cheers: Please do keep posting! These are really fun to read.

And yeah Elden Ring generally always gives you a respawn point right outside the boss room (with a couple of mildly annoying exceptions) and I think it was a good move. The boss runbacks in the earlier games were something I was fine with but I know a lot of players felt really ground down by them, and you could tell that the series was moving towards having respawn points closer to bosses over time. And I gotta admit, I don't miss the boss runbacks.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

most hosed up thing you've ever posted and thats a high bar for you fridge

I feel like i need to keep topping myself

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Man of Medan is fun with a friend. Not Until Dawn (or apparently Quarry) quality but we had fun playing through it blind.

Crash 4 the definitive "not super interested but I'll try for free" game.

PS1 JRPG request list includes Dragoon, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Lunars.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Electromax posted:

PS1 JRPG request list includes Dragoon, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Lunars.

And Suikoden!!!!!!!! :byodood:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Hell I'd even play some beyond the beyond if they slap some trophies on it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ur such a gamer sometimes BP

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
you can spot the real gamers from the fake gamers easily in this thread, if you are down with the crash bandicoot games - real gamer, if not, i don't even wanna know

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Does Crash 4 have good hitboxes like the OG games or bad hitboxes like the remakes

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I got little hope on Pee Ess Peelus Peemium and lol at that loving ending. What a way to ruin a game. I have no hope for Man of Medan but I’ll still give it a go. House of ashes was a bit better but aside from having some astounding lighting effects it still sucked a bit.

Until Dawn the undefeated play a movie GOAT

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

you can spot the real gamers from the fake gamers easily in this thread, if you are down with the crash bandicoot games - real gamer, if not, i don't even wanna know

Crash rules, when I ever get a PS5 I'll go back to Crash 4. I enjoyed the tiny bit of it I played after release. Great childhood memories of 1-3 and I had a really great time with the remakes too.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

fridge corn posted:

I feel like i need to keep topping myself

i didnt know u were into that

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Frankston posted:

I downloaded Ghost of Tsushima through ps plus and I'm playing on lethal mode because I am a Hardcore Gamer. Arrows are wrecking my poo poo though.

deflect the poo poo out of them

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

bows1 posted:

deflect the poo poo out of them

tthat sounds hard never do anything that is difficlt

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Do you start with that unlocked? I thought it was part of one of the later stances

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

haveblue posted:

Do you start with that unlocked? I thought it was part of one of the later stances

I think you can always manually parry them. The stance just makes it automatic while blocking.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No it’s just L1. Or do you mean specifically arrows? Even so I still think it’s already unlocked.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I've never played a Crash Bandicoot game

How much attitude does he have on a scale of Mario/Sonic

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wolfsheim posted:

I've never played a Crash Bandicoot game

How much attitude does he have on a scale of Mario/Sonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTi5EaocGaY

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The OG Crash games are literally just “people who didn’t have Mario 64 trying to pretend they also had a good platformer” they’re so awful to control and to play

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I tried Crash 1 on the collection when it was in PS+ and decided I'd rather try and do a Donkey conga drums run of DS1 than try any more to beat like the sixth stage lol

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I realize the PS1 had Gex and I guess Crash there (never played any of them) but then you also had Spyro who was as sweet and wholesome as could be.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Blasphemous is very good but very difficult. That snowy climb with the wind and the enemies who zoom at you and can only be hit on the lower half, but can go through the terrain...man. They are some pests!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
crash is the playstation mascot! sony's sonic! sony's mario! microsoft wants you to show some drat respect!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Spyro is still cool and good because it's just a 3D platformer instead of some weird 2.5D abomination where all corners are made from magic frictionless material.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Crash didn't really talk or have a personality in the actual games, beyond going WHOA when he died in various ways. Good animations for the time. The gameplay is like what you would've expected people to attempt when jumping from SNES platformers for the first time, unlike Mario who set a new template for Gex, Spyro etc. to follow. It was ok at the time but isn't very satisfying now, hallway levels with minor depth perception added. Jak 1 was much better. Crash had a handful of interesting ideas/levels.

If only Mario 64 got a trilogy on that console like the other mascots all did.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I always assumed Crash 1 came out a whole year+ before Mario 64 but it was actually only a few weeks. How embarrassing for them

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Escobarbarian posted:

I always assumed Crash 1 came out a whole year+ before Mario 64 but it was actually only a few weeks. How embarrassing for them

yeah nintendo had their bum cheeks clenched tight at the thought of competing with the greatest platformer of the 32 bit era but they made it through unscathed in the end

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Crash Bandicoot was ace. I played all the way through the first, got nearly every secret too. Then I played all of 2 and 3. I would say 2 is the best of the bunch - has the better levels, slightly more secret stuff, better design and music and more variety.

Crash 1 is more like Donkey Kong Country I think.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

VideoGames posted:

I would say 2 is the best of the bunch

Christ videogames, lost izalith all over agin

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol the only 3D platformers veeg likes are the ones that are barely 3D. This actually tracks

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
now holding out hopes for Oddworld: Abes Odyssey on the videogames stream train

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Haha what? Crash 2 has the cool hub, added nitro boxes, has the 'vehicle' sections, is more freeform and feels better to play.

Also I like Kirby Automata :) That is 3D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
3 has a submarine, and you ride a tiger, and a motorbike!

for real though im just bitter that i've never played crash 2, it was the only one my dad didn't buy on psx D: