Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/TASNoContext/status/1541168957264203776

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

someone captured the return to office experience, huh?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Oneiros posted:

iirc it comes like that by default and also the lighting is loving terrible ancient so if you don't crank it and if your character fails the paper bag test then you'll be replaced with a pitch black void with eyes in a lot of cutscenes

i didn't start playing until last year and my brown human looks fine. I tried making a dark red dragon and it just looks weird in a lot of the lights, but maybe it just doesn't play nice with non-realistic skin colors.

my friend plays the big lion people so she's got all sorts of problems with them (hardcoded hair :rubby:)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is stellaris good? it’s on sale and playing civ6 the other day reminded me how much I enjoy a 4x but also how i’m kinda sick of civ

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

echinopsis posted:

is stellaris good? it’s on sale and playing civ6 the other day reminded me how much I enjoy a 4x but also how i’m kinda sick of civ

i actually just bought it cause of steam sale and its very nice but jesus christ it takes forever, i am like 8 hours in and i'm maybe half done with one game?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I really like the easily and mid game of stellaris, but have never made it to any sort of end game

the exploration and early contact stuff is my favorite

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

The Fool posted:

I really like the easily and mid game of stellaris, but have never made it to any sort of end game

the exploration and early contact stuff is my favorite

yeah its really neat, dont get me wrong, i just dont think i have the kind of time this game is gonna demand

fighting seems really anticlimactic, bascially just a bunch of little lines and Number Go Down, was kinda hoping for some Homeworld style cinematics

rotor fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 27, 2022

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
stellaris is fun but ya the mid-late game usually ends up dragging unless you like military conquest as you and wait for the endgame crisis

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ok its been a little while and my opinion of stellaris is that i'm sure that someone really likes this but imo its a lot more like work than a game really should be.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
there's a lot of games like that that i used to love before i got a family and a house and had projects in real life i needed to keep track of instead of using my entire brain on being god emperor of a pocket universe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
last game of civ I played took so long and ended up getting bored of it because it was too easy.

I don’t really mind never finishing a game as long as I enjoyed whatever

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i am dogshit at 4k games. i always end up picking the warrior guys and optimizing the settings so i can roll anyone whenever i want and often do so as quickly as possible. i don't have time or patience for diplomacy or parliamentary matters. don't trade with us, we take. the only scientific progress our simple minds manage to put together is to chip our way towards the riddle of steel. submit, or we will burn your village to the ground

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the early game of stellaris where you're star trekin' across the universe is great, the midgame where you've run out of universe to explore is extremely boring and I've never seen the endgame

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Downloaded the FTP "Hexceed" off steam. It's good! Maybe not anywhere near as hard as Hexcells, but it's a nice little hex-based minesweeper clone.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

pseudorandom name posted:

the early game of stellaris where you're star trekin' across the universe is great, the midgame where you've run out of universe to explore is extremely boring and I've never seen the endgame

this was my experience as well. i played it while it was new and my understanding is that while it's a very different game now, it still drags in the middle. also rotor is right it takes fuckign forever to do anything

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Truman Peyote posted:

this was my experience as well. i played it while it was new and my understanding is that while it's a very different game now, it still drags in the middle. also rotor is right it takes fuckign forever to do anything

i wouldn't mind so much the long gameplay but it feels very addictive and its just hours and hours of choosing new leaders and building new poo poo and telling this guy to go over there and someone found and anomaly and ok now where was that guy i was sending places poo poo i need power gotta sell some food ok another monopoly hmmm gotta set up my fleet then tell this other guy to build poo poo over there gently caress another admiral died gotta get a new one ok poo poo another anomaly i gotta tell someone to look at that and there's never like a point where you feel like you can put it down so i spend like 5 hours at that poo poo without even noticing. Feels way too much like a hamster wheel with a tiny trickle of dopamine.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
drat reminds me of my biggest peeve with civ is you’ll have sent a unit somewhere but they went close to a barbarian and got scared and forgot what I had told them to do and now they want orders but I can’t remember why I sent them or where they were meant to be going

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Truman Peyote posted:

this is true, but also rotor is now prime minister of space

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

rotor posted:

ok its been a little while and my opinion of stellaris is that i'm sure that someone really likes this but imo its a lot more like work than a game really should be.

yeah i really like it but it is also A Lot

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pseudorandom name posted:

last stellaris game I played was good. I was right next to a giant space worm stuck in a black hole, so any pirates that came to raid me got instantly eaten. then I got owned by audrey from little shop of horrors

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i will say that i am tempted to purchase nemesis and overlord and play stellaris again though

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

last stellaris game I played was good. I was right next to a giant space worm stuck in a black hole, so any pirates that came to raid me got instantly eaten. then I got owned by audrey from little shop of horrors

i've been playing rogue servitors and using the nihilistic acquisition perk to kidnap more bio-trophies to pamper

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

i've been playing rogue servitors and using the nihilistic acquisition perk to kidnap more bio-trophies to pamper

I like playing human because it's space katyusha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW3YB2ptGws

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
also I like posthuman poo poo like knights of sidonia, super tech tree poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htgcz87-Wqk

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
stellaris is really great if you like to roleplay

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

solasta is apparently pretty good for that too

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

oh dang just remembered i have ps plus so i should probably add the gems to my library

might play God of War one day

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

3D Megadoodoo posted:

oh dang just remembered i have ps plus so i should probably add the gems to my library

might play God of War one day

gow was worth the $10 I dropped on it, so free should be even better value.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MrQueasy posted:

gow was worth the $10 I dropped on it, so free should be even better value.

ps plus ain't free it's like 9€ a month?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i'll be honest: PS4 graphics when done well were #WHOA #WOW enough for me but some games on the PS5 look AMAGING. (i've this computer set up in the living room so I can play nintendo while i shitpost)

e: then again Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2 looks AMAGING to me. idk i'm easily impressed or blind?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

3D Megadoodoo posted:

ps plus ain't free it's like 9€ a month?

Yeah, but you're paying that anyway. And you could play more than one game a month if the PS Plus library had any depth.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MrQueasy posted:

Yeah, but you're paying that anyway. And you could play more than one game a month if the PS Plus library had any depth.

I'm not gonna finish a game in one month. I mean I'm off work now but usually I only play on the week-ends.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
stellaris seems fun but was wary about sinking hours so haven’t barely scratched the surface

love me some forza horizon 5
it’s easy as hell to win money and cars but regardless, the ‘95 porsche 911 is just so driftable and it just feels so fun to play. drink aimlessly and go hard. it’s good

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ooh didn't remember i had bought Doom 64. i like the ambience a lot. still feels weird to play a Doom without the keyboard.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

why do you spell stuff in stupid ways? cf "shid" "fard" etc

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

coming to the end of Ori & the Will of the Wisps and I wish there was more :smith:

zombienietzsche
Dec 9, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

coming to the end of Ori & the Will of the Wisps and I wish there was more :smith:

This was my feeling too! I wish I started with the first Ori instead of the sequel, live and learn. An absolute banger for all the same reasons as Hollow Knight.

Also a colleague has your forums avatar as their workplace avatar and it throws me every time.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

zombienietzsche posted:

This was my feeling too! I wish I started with the first Ori instead of the sequel, live and learn. An absolute banger for all the same reasons as Hollow Knight.

Also a colleague has your forums avatar as their workplace avatar and it throws me every time.

lol your colleague has good taste

Ori's done - I'm not crying, you're crying - so today i started playing next unplayed metroidvania in my list, The Messenger

so far: feels good to control, i'm enjoying the chiptunes, and i could not have picked a harder shift in tone from Ori if i actually tried :v: also i kind of enjoy the immediate bulldozing of the fourth wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Achmed Jones posted:

;DDDDDDD