Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Current miniseries is great gothic high camp fun. Enjoying them pushing minis around again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Bat poo poo Mountain talk was wild. This D20 group is completely unhinged in the best way.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
If anyone wants to see more Brennan as a player, Aabria did a pseudo sequel of her Strixhaven one shot featuring the good Citizen Doctor again.

https://youtu.be/eDi0TZidQ4c

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Oh poo poo, that was the one where they pledged to make a "daddy ending" if they got a certain amount; I completely forgot to check up on that. I'll have to watch it at some point; thanks for reminding me.

Edit: drat, I forgot just how choatic the first 7 minutes of the original episode were. Aabria screaming "SHUT UP! I'M TRYING TO START THE GAME" across everyone as they natter about daddies, zaddies, using digimon to explain what zaddies are etc. is amazing.

tsob fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 21, 2022

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dirty Laundry: holy poo poo Izzy

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

tsob posted:

Oh poo poo, that was the one where they pledged to make a "daddy ending" if they got a certain amount; I completely forgot to check up on that. I'll have to watch it at some point; thanks for reminding me.

Edit: drat, I forgot just how choatic the first 7 minutes of the original episode were. Aabria screaming "SHUT UP! I'M TRYING TO START THE GAME" across everyone as they natter about daddies, zaddies, using digimon to explain what zaddies are etc. is amazing.

This one also will apparently have a secret ending too involving this fine fellow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezjwe8t1_Ww

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Oh poo poo I didn't know TVIV had a thread for this!!
I've been watching those fuckheads for ages, just recently I finally ended D20 starstruck and I'm amazed by all of it, now I need to catch up on dirty laundry.

Is the new D20 thing good? I know it's a smaller and different crew

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
It's a incredibly high chaos crew, so it's entertaining. The first episode is only an hour long too, and will give you a good feel for what you're dealing with.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I don't understand how "I used to work at a hotdog stand" is a secret in the latest Dirty Laundry, even with the context that Rekha is a vegetarian . Especially not when people were discussing it before that context.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Rehka's were definitely the less juicy secrets of the bunch, although to be fair it's hard to compete with being railed on the hood of a car in front of a police station.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Dunno if everyone already gets the newsletter but they're giving away the old minis from Dimension 20. No details yet but curious how they'll do it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Oh no I need to spend everything I have on this I'm afraid

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Interested parties gather in a Denny’s parking lot. Whoever succeeds in beating the most nerds to death receives minis

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

You know if it's gonna be some sort of competition Brennan's gonna be there to win it

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Goons Are Great posted:

You know if it's gonna be some sort of competition Brennan's gonna be there to win it

He's Sam's ringer. Unfortunately, Emily Axford is the audience's ringer, so Brennan's kind of screwed.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Dunno if everyone already gets the newsletter but they're giving away the old minis from Dimension 20. No details yet but curious how they'll do it.

If they do that for charity (or money,) they will get lots of it.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Found more details on the discord.

In case you missed today's newsletter, this image was included, and I'll be giving a teensy bit of elaboration here, with much more specific information to come later:
- It's an auction for A Crown of Candy minis (no battlesets, shipping would be too complicated, maybe that could be figured out at a future date)
- No date set yet - probably sometime soon-ish this summer
- Proceeds will go partially to a charity and the rest to help fund future season's of D20 minis / battlesets (they are very expensive)
- Over 100 minis, ranging from PCs, alternate PCs, major NPCs, and minor NPCs (such as soldiers, etc.)
- Depending on how this goes, we will do similar events with the minis from other seasons of Dimension 20 (maybe we'll have a poll to decide which season to do next)

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

tsob posted:

He's Sam's ringer. Unfortunately, Emily Axford is the audience's ringer, so Brennan's kind of screwed.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnimportantLazyGaur-mobile.mp4

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I hadn't noticed the pentacle before.

"She was [...]sent from hell to kill me."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Make Some Noise is literally just Whose Line Is It Anyway, and much like that show, the points are made up and don't matter.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The fractional random points and giving brennan a googleplex at one point was them really trying to get the point over to us that they're totally irrelevant.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

It's not irrelevant, Brennan won and that is what matters here

Also I started watching coffin run and I already like it! To be honest, I never got really warm with Erika and Carlos yet and I honestly don't know Jasmine but I do enjoy the setup so far and I'm curious where it will lead

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Izzy is a top tier maniacal laugher. She is chaos and delight blended together perfectly.

OOPSIE DOOPSIE

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Shakespeare riffs in the new Make Some Noise are top tier.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Yeah, never seen that guy before but man he kills it pretty much every time.

Also Coffin Run is my favorite side quest in a hot moment. Squing might be my favorite player character in a good while, just a horrid old man baby. Never seen Jasmine before, but she also brings it with the early hollywood accents.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Jasmine is great, she ran Battle For Beyond with Brennan, Erika, and Aabria and it absolutely slaps. https://youtu.be/IS0irydy0y8

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The Shakespeare riffs in the new Make Some Noise are top tier.

Part of me was slightly worried when they were expanding the concept to more people than just the original three, but this episode was loving exceptional, and I'm pumped for more.

I was cackling at the confederate soldier and the bee lady bits.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Confederate soldier was great, the thruples therapy had me in tears.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Slowly turning into an animal crossing character in real time was probably my favorite last episode. It probably would of been the MacBeth of they hadn't pulled out for the trailer.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I just watched Misfits and Magic, and that was fresh off the heels of Fantasy High, and Fantasy High Sophmore year, rad as hell.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Lou Wilson's jock characters are also amazing, and I would normally never play a sportsy coach-y type in an RPG but now I really want too. Wholesome Gym Bros loving rule as a character archetype.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Boba Pearl posted:

I just watched Misfits and Magic, and that was fresh off the heels of Fantasy High, and Fantasy High Sophmore year, rad as hell.

Hell yeah, that is some top-tier D20 right there.

Someone recently made an excellent animatic for my favorite bit in Misfits. Well worth a watch IMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibyK0TgGDNc

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It cuts out just before the entire school hears what happens and just leaves. It's just such an amazing touch "Yeah he threw me into the Underworld," and an entire institution going "Ah... Nope!"

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

A friend of mine showed me Game Changer and I immediately subscribed. So outside of that and a handful of others, the service is primary comedians playing D&D campaigns?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Narcissus1916 posted:

A friend of mine showed me Game Changer and I immediately subscribed. So outside of that and a handful of others, the service is primary comedians playing D&D campaigns?
Game Changer has spun off into three separate shows, but yeah kinda

Still worth the price

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

For active shows, yes. Um, Actually is still going and pretty good. There's some decent legacy stuff like Rank Room that's worth a watch as well.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
BLM did an interview with the one small Youtube who's been interviewing him since the very first D20 campaign about Exandria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLDFwkAa5fc

And a roundtable with Matt Mercer and Aabria Iyengar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmZSWKPXhZ4

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Narcissus1916 posted:

Breaking News

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

There's a bunch of cool older stuff around, too! Gods of Food is really fun, as is Bad Internet. You can also see all the old sketches from the CH days or rather meta stuff like Total Forgiveness. I also enjoyed watching Paranoia, which is a bunch of producers and comedians and crew people playing a high version of Werewolf/Mafia.
I got to Dropout and CollegeHumor from the old sketches and never even bothered starting Dimension 20 until some time ago, still worth it, even if you're not into D&D stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
I still haven't watched a single Dimension 20 thing outside of 2 starstruck episodes (it all seems good, but it's a big commitment) and I think Dropout is worth it for me.

It's definitely more of a "support the creators" sort of purchase than a "value for money" sort of purchase, it's never going to have as much content as a streaming service.