Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

They're loving gutting the Kranvagn to the ground. Maybe you should try some more gradual adjustments instead of "25% less speed, sub-Russian accuracy and a bunch of other poo poo" right off the bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

They're loving gutting the Kranvagn to the ground. Maybe you should try some more gradual adjustments instead of "25% less speed, sub-Russian accuracy and a bunch of other poo poo" right off the bat.

That would make too much sense. This is WG we're talking about.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It's easier to nerf tanks than to fix their lovely MOBA-style map designs.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's easier to nerf tanks than to fix their lovely MOBA-style map designs.

"Look at this huge map! Look at all this space! Now go down these corridors and face-off against the enemy team at no more than 200 metres."

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I would love to see how a 15v15 game plays out on a grand battle map..

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

They are killing the only tank that can compete with the Chieftain. That makes no sense. They either need to nerf the Chieftain or buff all the other tier 10s (except 279e and kran) to its level.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

2Jets posted:

They are killing the only tank that can compete with the Chieftain. That makes no sense. They either need to nerf the Chieftain or buff all the other tier 10s (except 279e and kran) to its level.

Goodbye Tier VIII.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

2Jets posted:

The thing is, we had a perfect counter to hull down poo poo. It was called arty and people whined about it until it was nerfed into worthlessness and now Kranvagns (which used to be easy prey to any T8+ arty) can just sit hull down until the end of time, and instead of admitting they hosed up they'll just nerf the Kranvagn to the point where nobody wants to play it anymore and PROBLEM SOLVED!

(until that ends up buffing some other tank into being an unstoppable juggernaut)

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Did I read that rebalancing sheet correctly in that it implied that the M6 needs to be put in its place along with the rest of the American heavies? Surely they can't be serious. I'm in the middle of grinding that tin can and I'll just give up if they make it worse.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

2Jets posted:

Yeah if there is no chieftain nerf, then the Kran nerf makes things worse not better in modes where you can use reward tanks.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
M6 is a pretty good long range sniper with a dumb fat body and tiny head. At least it was last time I checked.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Pioneer42 posted:

Did I read that rebalancing sheet correctly in that it implied that the M6 needs to be put in its place along with the rest of the American heavies? Surely they can't be serious. I'm in the middle of grinding that tin can and I'll just give up if they make it worse.

Adjustments. Nothing on buff or nerf. The entire line is getting looked at apparently except the e5. E8 is getting a pass as well which had me raise an eyebrow.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah if there is no chieftain nerf, then the Kran nerf makes things worse not better in modes where you can use reward tanks.

At least ranked meta will change, but it would be nice to fight something other than Chieftains and EBRs for the first time in 3 years in clan wars.

JuffoWup posted:

Adjustments. Nothing on buff or nerf. The entire line is getting looked at apparently except the e5. E8 is getting a pass as well which had me raise an eyebrow.

Yeah the E8 is fun. I dont know if they think it needs a nerf or buff. I'm surprised the M26 Pershing wasn't on the list. I recently played 90 battles in it and I can see why it has the worst stats on the NA server. It's supposed to be a Jack of all trades but in 2022 it's just bad at everything but not the worst at anything.

2Jets fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 30, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The thing is, we had a perfect counter to hull down poo poo. It was called arty and people whined about it until it was nerfed into worthlessness and now Kranvagns (which used to be easy prey to any T8+ arty) can just sit hull down until the end of time, and instead of admitting they hosed up they'll just nerf the Kranvagn to the point where nobody wants to play it anymore and PROBLEM SOLVED!

(until that ends up buffing some other tank into being an unstoppable juggernaut)
Artillery implementation was always broken and a loving clownshow from day one and there's no fixing it now. The old HE mechanic though was a good way to counter hulldown bullshit by way of dealing glorified chip-damage (with critical hits as a bonus), so WG tweaked hosed that and made HE completely useless instead -- now we have hulldown tanks just sitting in place absorbing pretty much anything and everything thrown at them with no problem at all, instead of having to at least duck behind cover/ridges between shots if they want to avoid being slowly worn down :downsbravo:

Pioneer42 posted:

lmao I can't imagine that thing being nerfed for any reason but this is Wargaming we're talking about.

LRADIKAL posted:

M6 is a pretty good long range sniper with a dumb fat body and tiny head. At least it was last time I checked.
The fat body and tiny head are still a thing, but the way shot dispersion works now has turned 'sniping' into 'taking potshots'.

Just had to sigh loudly with disappointment at this:

quote:

The main issue with Tier VII vehicles in the French branch (AMX M4 mle. 45) is their low survivability. To improve this, we will increase both the frontal turret armour and hit points.
Yeah sure it's the survivability, nothing to do with the dogshit gun depression of -1 degree over the sides and rear of the vehicle which severely limit where it can go/what it can do.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The E8 would be schweet with 145pen or so APCR as standard.
That 76mm barely works on tier 6 lights, it's just hopeless on a not so mobile medium.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

sauer kraut posted:

That 76mm barely works on tier 6 lights, it's just hopeless on a not so mobile medium.
That sort of buff is sorely-needed; I used to love machine-gunning bastards to death with the 76mm M1A2 gun on the E8 but 128pen is pretty sad in the current game.

And lol at the KV-1S needing a buff. The loving clowns at WG could easily have just left that thing intact at Tier V and shifted it to the Collector's Vehicle section, and kept the KV-85 as the techtree step toward the IS, but no, of course not. That would have been too sensible to have viable, playable tanks during a grind, and there'd be nothing broken to "fix" later down the line.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

sauer kraut posted:

Yah, I remember back in day the E8 was mobile enough to circle heavies to death if you could actually get a heavy 1-on-1. Then they buffed heavy tank turret rotation speeds (and maybe nerfed E8 mobility?) and that was the end of the fun times in the Easy 8.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Bring back tier VI KV-1S with long 122mm.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Artillery implementation was always broken and a loving clownshow from day one and there's no fixing it now. The old HE mechanic though was a good way to counter hulldown bullshit by way of dealing glorified chip-damage (with critical hits as a bonus), so WG tweaked hosed that and made HE completely useless instead -- now we have hulldown tanks just sitting in place absorbing pretty much anything and everything thrown at them with no problem at all, instead of having to at least duck behind cover/ridges between shots if they want to avoid being slowly worn down :downsbravo:

OH yeah, I kinda forgot the HE nerf and you're 100% right, that also plays a huge role here.

And IMO arty would've been just fine if they had hard capped it at 2 per team, soft cap of 1 per team only rising if queue times get extremely long.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Anyone have an invite I can use for the EU server?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

SpannerX posted:

Anyone have an invite I can use for the EU server?

Not sure what you mean; the best new account code I know still is REDDITFOREVER for a Churchill III, a premium week and some gold.

If you'd like to get more goodies from the referral program (including the T-34-85M aka the best tier 6 tank), feel free to use my invite or ask any other EU goon.
https://worldoftanks.eu/referral/853c175d84f14bafa0cd04f5e6121d83

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/july-2022-preview/

WG being unusually secretive about which premiums they plan to sell in July. Just listing the tier and nation. How long have they been doing that? I thought they usually tell us exactly what they are selling.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

OH yeah, I kinda forgot the HE nerf and you're 100% right, that also plays a huge role here.

And IMO arty would've been just fine if they had hard capped it at 2 per team, soft cap of 1 per team only rising if queue times get extremely long.

... but that would have been an actual reasonable fix. WG can't have reasonable and easy to implement fixes to obviously broken things. Like they can't just give everybody six sense, no, they have to roll out a completely new crew system that nobody wants.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 1, 2022

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

sauer kraut posted:

Not sure what you mean; the best new account code I know still is REDDITFOREVER for a Churchill III, a premium week and some gold.

If you'd like to get more goodies from the referral program (including the T-34-85M aka the best tier 6 tank), feel free to use my invite or ask any other EU goon.
https://worldoftanks.eu/referral/853c175d84f14bafa0cd04f5e6121d83

Cool, just used yours. I chose the invite code with the excelsior since I like that tank well enough and I think it gave more gold.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I can't put this into words.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

I think "Misery" is what you are looking for.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

I can and that's why I used to be chat banned half of the time. Things did not get better, but since WG decided to move out of Russia I have not eaten a single chat ban on the Asia server. I have actually put effort into trying to get banned and nothing has happened.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
So with the HE nerf, do I roll AP/Gold in my KV-2? I've been playing a little lately, but I'm way out of touch.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It is funny too when you think all the way back. This latest HE nerf is actually the 3rd he nerf wargaming has done. Two more could be counted if you want to add in arty stun and then the arty shell rework. I think they still have a help tip on loading suggesting to fling he if you can't pen with your regular shell. That of course was already a lie before this last he nerf.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It never gets old :allears:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

WELCOME TO TIER 7 :thumbsup:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

WELCOME TO TIER 7 :thumbsup:

The bottom 4 on your team... loving woof.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I have no idea what the T-54 was doing because he was right beside me while I did 3k damage shooting a T95 and IS-3A in the rear. He died by YOLOing the T95 and blocking my shots with his corpse. The 704 got one damage because someone bumped into him.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007
I know the bottom's feel. Had a 9 damage game in the 110 the other day. But that was because I was the only one that left the ridge our spawn is on in Glacier and went to the heavy spot where I got surrounded by 4 tanks and my two shots I managed to get off both bounced, got the 9 damage from a slow motion ram lol. Got a nastygram from the top damage guy in our 8-15 loss about how I'm a bad teammate. Must've missed that I was the one that was hung out to dry. Oh well.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you're ever the only tank on a flank, you've already hosed up. Always keep at least one pub between you and the enemy.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Hoppy Goodness posted:

I know the bottom's feel. Had a 9 damage game in the 110 the other day. But that was because I was the only one that left the ridge our spawn is on in Glacier and went to the heavy spot where I got surrounded by 4 tanks and my two shots I managed to get off both bounced, got the 9 damage from a slow motion ram lol. Got a nastygram from the top damage guy in our 8-15 loss about how I'm a bad teammate. Must've missed that I was the one that was hung out to dry. Oh well.

Glacier is such a bad map for that reason. If you go to the heavy side you get shot the whole way there and if you get sick of getting farmed on the crossing and try to play mid instead you'll get arty focused all game.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I like the battles where I take my T95 out and trundle along slowly, encountering absolutely loving nothing along the way as the entire enemy team gets loving destroyed within a handful of minutes along the other flank.

0 damage win on a 5x weekend! :thumbsup:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The "Win Battles" quest is a curse. Had a rock star start of the day, winning my first 5. Get the quest to win 5, lost the next 7 straight.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

The "Win Battles" quest is a curse. Had a rock star start of the day, winning my first 5. Get the quest to win 5, lost the next 7 straight.

These are my favourites, because it gives me an excuse to stop playing when the bonus mission roulette throws them at me. Win five battles? Get four kills in one battle?

"Nah man, I'm out."

Although speaking of cursed:

Wretched.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Win 5 battles is fine, because I was going to win them eventually anyways. It is a goddamn travesty that you aren't able to reroll the "get 4 kills in a battle" mission though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Although speaking of cursed:

Wretched.

I am not sure how people can be as soulless and vile as this pictured degenerate...

On the bright side, my last game was pretty loving :krad: (how it was not a mastery badge is beyond me):

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6293305#mines-mesadoram-is-m

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdOngESHDuo

Edit: Shout out to YouTube for taking an eternity to make the video HD.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 6, 2022