Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Sorry, should have quoted this part:

"Some of the more common Roles that you'll find in games are: Cop, Doctor, Mafia Goon, Mafia Godfather, Serial Killer. You may also find: Masons, Miller, Survivor, Vigilante, and even: Bulletproof, Bodyguard, Bus Driver, Cultist, Inventor, Jailkeeper, Lovers, Lyncher, Roleblocker, Watcher... This is very far from comprehensive, there are hundreds of possible roles out there!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

The OP says night is up to 24 hours.

Like wologar said - unlikely to have crazy roles. I'd expect there to be a cop (can investigate a player's alignment during the night) and a doctor (can protect somebody from a nightkill) because those seem like the most basic roles.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

We might also have masons, maybe?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay 3 1/2 hours left, I think I'm pretty set at this point.

##vote: MSRR

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Only one more.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay 3 1/2 hours left, I think I'm pretty set at this point.

##vote: MSRR

I don't think votefinder has recognised that as an alias? (how do you set votefinder aliases anyway? I see this happening in mafia games down below)

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

it looks like everyone has either voted or is planning to vote for msrr. i think hyper crab tank might not be committed but im not sure. is there any reason not to end the day here? do we want to give people a chance to meet the 10 post requirement first?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

cuntman.net posted:

it looks like everyone has either voted or is planning to vote for msrr. i think hyper crab tank might not be committed but im not sure. is there any reason not to end the day here? do we want to give people a chance to meet the 10 post requirement first?

I was vaguely wondering if MSRR was going to make a defence by claiming to have a power role, to be honest. I think that's the only thing that could change things at this point, and even then might not.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Green Wing posted:

I don't think votefinder has recognised that as an alias? (how do you set votefinder aliases anyway? I see this happening in mafia games down below)

It will show up as an unresolved vote in votefinder, then the person who voted should correct it (there have been issues in the past with people being funny, voting a player under someone else's name and it's a pain in the rear end to fix so it's mostly frowned upon). General rule is don't touch it unless you made the vote.

I did add it by the way.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

My Second Re-Reg (6): Green Wing, NeverHelm, Caffeinated Jerkoff, Jadecore, AFancyQuestionMark, LupusAter, Jadecore, PlasticAutomaton
NeverHelm (1): My Second Re-Reg
Green Wing (1): Cloacamazing!
Jadecore (0): Green Wing, Green Wing

Not Voting (5): Bucnasti, cuntman.net, Hyper Crab Tank, Jadecore, wologar

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 30th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 17 minutes.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Okay, I think this should put me at the requisite 10 posts? Really sorry for the hot air, I can't think of anything else to talk about and it's evening.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

That's actually super useful thank you.

When we vote to execute, do we get the flip immediately or do we have to wait until after the night phase?

I'm going to vote at the 3 hour mark, unless somebody drops the hammer before that.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Green Wing posted:

I was vaguely wondering if MSRR was going to make a defence by claiming to have a power role, to be honest. I think that's the only thing that could change things at this point, and even then might not.

A final-hours role claim would be surprising, particularly since it's impossible to verify.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Haul me off in chains, foaming at the mouth and gesticulating wildly at NeverHelm and Green Wing like that one screenshot from It's Always Sunny with the corkboard

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Bucnasti posted:

That's actually super useful thank you.

When we vote to execute, do we get the flip immediately or do we have to wait until after the night phase?

I'm going to vote at the 3 hour mark, unless somebody drops the hammer before that.

Judging from other games, it's immediate (as soon as a mod notices the hammer and makes the flip post) but like I could be wrong or this game could be different.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Haul me off in chains, foaming at the mouth and gesticulating wildly at NeverHelm and Green Wing like that one screenshot from It's Always Sunny with the corkboard

For what it's worth, whether you're town or scum I'm pretty sure that scene is what everybody else is going to be doing in the next day phaser.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Green Wing posted:

For what it's worth, whether you're town or scum I'm pretty sure that scene is what everybody else is going to be doing in the next day phaser.

Oh no, at this point signing up for this game is gonna be 100% worth it purely just to watch what happens next. :munch:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Ok, casting my vote before I head to lunch.

##vote: My Second Re-Reg

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: My Second Re-Reg...couldn't you have made better posts?

Votecount for Day 1
With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 30th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 51 minutes.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Are there any roles that show false information on the flip?

I just want to make sure that MSRRs death was not in vain in any way.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Votecount for Day 1

My Second Re-Reg (7): Green Wing, NeverHelm, Caffeinated Jerkoff, Jadecore, AFancyQuestionMark, LupusAter, Jadecore, PlasticAutomaton, Bucnasti
NeverHelm (1): My Second Re-Reg
Green Wing (1): Cloacamazing!
Jadecore (0): Green Wing, Green Wing

Not Voting (4): cuntman.net, Hyper Crab Tank, Jadecore, wologar

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 30, 2022

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

The assorted characters gathered around the note in the grass, collectively musing about how they could find who had taken the sacred Pong paddle. Voices in the crowd say "Well we have to accuse SOMEONE, otherwise how will we get the information we need to solve this crime?" and "If we randomly pick someone and they are a villain that's good right?" Colorful pixels resembling heads bobbed in agreement.

Attention turned to My Second Re-Reg, a crazy haired samurai in the back mentioning "chaos" for some reason...People thought this was just too absurd and surely he must have had something to do with the disappearing paddle. After he was run out of town (into the sunset like a good samurai does) they only found a half empty sake jug...he was just some kind of street performer, definitely not a bad guy.

My Second Re-Reg, TOWN-Aligned Mason was chased out of town D1!

quote:

You are Haohmaru! A lone Samurai wanderer, serving no ronin, you travel the world seeking for opportunities to improve yourself. You're known to have said you've never lost a duel - and the truth of that statement is a secret only known to yourself...

You are a Town-aligned Mason! You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

You are allowed to communicate out-of-thread with someone else, through a designated channel. No other players will know of this chat or be able to read your communications.

You have no other powers but your vote.

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 1, 2022

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

The thread will be closed, night actions are due in 24 hours, so roughly 3 PM EST!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
It is now Night 1. Thread will be closed. You have a maximum of 24h to submit any night actions you may be able to take. After all actions have been processed, thread will re-open into next day!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

The banishing of MSSR has left everyone uneasy. No sign of the paddle either - are they even alive?? As someone manages to find out photographic evidence of the implication of AFancyQuestionMark on the kidnapping, all hell breaks loose - they are chased out of the town, never to return. They were always the creepy sort anyway, weren't they?

AFancyQuestionMark was eliminated Night 1.

---

quote:

You are Beatrice! A thousand years old witch whose cruelty has become legendary even among your peers. You observe human business from afar, not really interested in the dealings of the ordinary Townsfolk. They will know how to find you, if they even dare to try...

You are a Town-aligned Vanilla! You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

You have no powers but your vote.

---
It is now Day 2!

Shellception fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 1, 2022

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (11): Bucnasti, Caffeinated Jerkoff, Cloacamazing!, cuntman.net, Green Wing, Hyper Crab Tank, Jadecore, LupusAter, NeverHelm, PlasticAutomaton, wologar

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 04th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 2 hours.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Oh boy.

Funny thing is, before these news I was thinking who I'd execute If I was scum and I landed on AFancyQuestionMark or Bucnasti because they were the only ones that didn't confront anyone directly and didn't arise explicit suspicion on themselves. Better to leave town to self-destruct, I guess.

On the bright side, no one is actually dead by flavour. I bet that at the end of this ordeal, the Paddle will appear with everyone who banished and yell surprise and we'll all laugh and have a great time!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Eh, it's "vanished" in this case. Should triple-check before hitting Submit since I can't depend on my trusty Edit button here.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Like I suspected MSRR was a townie, which to me implicates everyone who piled onto them early, especially Green Wing.

I might change my vote later, but right now, I'm pretty sure Green Wing is scum, and I'm pretty suspect of NeverHelm.

##vote Green Wing

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Bucnasti posted:

Like I suspected MSRR was a townie, which to me implicates everyone who piled onto them early, especially Green Wing.

I might change my vote later, but right now, I'm pretty sure Green Wing is scum, and I'm pretty suspect of NeverHelm.

##vote Green Wing

Scum want town to vote Green Wing or NeverHelm here, otherwise they would've killed one of them overnight. Green Wing in particular was completely transparent about their reasoning throughout D1, and even voiced doubt about the MSRR vote, though not strong enough doubt to unvote.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.

NeverHelm posted:

I hope my Day 1 instincts are better in this game. I was all over the place last time.:v:

Maerlyn posted:

My Second Re-Reg, TOWN-Aligned Mason was chased out of town D1!

Welp, so much for that. Sorry about that, MSRR.

So... the first nightkill was AFancyQuestionMark. He seemed relatively inoffensive Day 1 aside from a slight worry in my minds about bandwagoning regarding the MSRR vote. The most notable thing in their posts was some poking at Plastic for not saying much.

Plastic also highlighted my post about MSRR earlier - I'm not sure if that was just a "this is a good example" post or a "please follow this useful idiot" post. Not to mention Plastic was on the MSRR vote as well, and joined quite late. Nothing overtly suspicious but these little things make me want to keep an eye on him.

Bucnasti posted:

##vote Green Wing

Well, that was quick. Already jumping to conclusions, I see.

Fair enough, although I personally think that the people who joined in late with minimal justification are more suspicious. Speaking of which, you were one of those people, Bucnasti. In fact, you dropped the hammer... On someone you suspected was a townie? I know you said it was "for information" but there were plenty of others who had not voted yet. If any of them voted for MSRR, that would be valuable information on its own.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

Scum want town to vote Green Wing or NeverHelm here, otherwise they would've killed one of them overnight. Green Wing in particular was completely transparent about their reasoning throughout D1, and even voiced doubt about the MSRR vote, though not strong enough doubt to unvote.

Green Wing backpeddaled when people started to point out that MSRR was getting dog pilled, they were consistently pushing against MSRR from the start. The way I see it the scum saw MSRR present an easy target and they pounced, overplayed it and then tried to back away a bit at the end.

NeverHelm posted:

Fair enough, although I personally think that the people who joined in late with minimal justification are more suspicious. Speaking of which, you were one of those people, Bucnasti. In fact, you dropped the hammer... On someone you suspected was a townie? I know you said it was "for information" but there were plenty of others who had not voted yet. If any of them voted for MSRR, that would be valuable information on its own.

I made it pretty clear that I dropped the hammer on MSRR because there was nobody else likely to get voted off and we needed to know for sure, either he was scum or the people that lined up to off him were scum. Now I know for sure. I waited as long as real world commitments allowed before voting so I could see if anyone else would do the deed.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Eh, that's not good logic. If I was scum, I wouldn't have made the first vote on somebody, with no guarantee that it'd lead to anything. Seems like that'd be a bad move.

To be honest, I'm a little suspicious of Bucnasti not so much on the basis of hammering (somebody has to), but on getting in slightly earlier on, on Day 1, how they thought they were going to vote for MSRR but also that they didn't think that they were scum. In fact, Bucnasti was seemed pretty sure that MSRR wasn't scum - to the point, really, where I would have expected them to refuse to make a vote.

Bucnasti posted:

I'm going to wait a few hours to vote, and since I'm convinced that offing someone is better than not I will vote for MSRR unless someone else is leading the vote by then, even though I don't think MSRR is scum, the information from they're reveal will be useful.

This is my primary reason for not believing that MSRR is scum, I feel like somebody at some point would have at least made some attempt to deflect for him.

Unless this is all a super double blind mindfuck... which it could be.

I think this deflection - a kind of pre-emptive excusal by saying "I'll vote even thought I don't think MSRR is scum" is not a good look, at all. I think this is one of the most suspicious acts from Day 1.

Like, I don't think the case against me is strong at all, because, like. As I said, I was the first to put down a vote, which for scum seems much more risky than jumping on somebody else's case, and also I think this is mostly on the basis of me being one of the people to actually put forward a case. It was wrong, but that doesn't make me scum.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Like I said, I didn't think MSRR was scum because nobody even made a token effort to defend or deflect for him. You on the other hand were quick to help NeverHelm without any prompting.

This is my suspicion, You and NeverHelm are scum, you're trying to deflect from each other and MSRR presented an easy target.

And just like you said, If I was scum I wouldn't be making the first vote today.

If somebody can provide me with better info, I'll listen, but until then I'm pointing my finger directly at Green Wing.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

wologar posted:

Oh boy.

Funny thing is, before these news I was thinking who I'd execute If I was scum and I landed on AFancyQuestionMark or Bucnasti because they were the only ones that didn't confront anyone directly and didn't arise explicit suspicion on themselves. Better to leave town to self-destruct, I guess.

On the bright side, no one is actually dead by flavour. I bet that at the end of this ordeal, the Paddle will appear with everyone who banished and yell surprise and we'll all laugh and have a great time!

i agree with this. it makes sense for the scum to make their choices to deny us as much information as possible

on that note, i have no idea either way if green wing is scum or not, but i wouldnt want to vote for her right now just because shes the one whos been posting the most so if shes scum, shes more likely to give herself away eventually

ive also been thinking about who the other mason(s) might be. it makes sense that it would be one of the people who were reluctant to vote for msrr, so maybe bucnasti, cloacamazing, or wologar. im thinking wologar since there was a post where it seemed like they were discouraging people from voting, which doesnt make sense if theyre town or scum, but makes a lot more sense if theyre a mason

Bucnasti posted:

Like I said, I didn't think MSRR was scum because nobody even made a token effort to defend or deflect for him. You on the other hand were quick to help NeverHelm without any prompting.

This is my suspicion, You and NeverHelm are scum, you're trying to deflect from each other and MSRR presented an easy target.

And just like you said, If I was scum I wouldn't be making the first vote today.

If somebody can provide me with better info, I'll listen, but until then I'm pointing my finger directly at Green Wing.

if this is what you think, why not vote for neverhelm instead? theyre have more experience and dont post as much

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

cuntman.net posted:

ive also been thinking about who the other mason(s) might be. it makes sense that it would be one of the people who were reluctant to vote for msrr, so maybe bucnasti, cloacamazing, or wologar. im thinking wologar since there was a post where it seemed like they were discouraging people from voting, which doesnt make sense if theyre town or scum, but makes a lot more sense if theyre a mason

Do note that MSRR was a "TOWN-aligned Mason", so still town.

On the Green Wing / Bucnasti thing, so much for the latter being non-confrontational! I don't know yet. I agree with cuntman that Green Wing may yet reveal herself as scum, but Bucnasti came in guns blazing and that's (probably) not a scum tell.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Advance warning that it's Pride in my city this weekend and I have :siren:a date:siren: so I'm liable to be slightly more quiet this weekend, so will be trying to get as much of my post-night thoughts out tonight as I can.

As in my previous post, I'm suspicious of Bucnasti, for reasons explained - appeared to pre-load knowledge of MSRR's town flip and make their excuses early, in preparation for a case today. I ask - if you really didn't think MSRR was scum, why vote at all? You seemed pretty sure.

I'm also a bit suspicious of Hyper Crab Tank. I know that they're claiming that they just made a mistake with their wologar questioning (in [url="https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4004626&userid=208356#post524519438"this post [/url]), but I also felt that the positioning on MSRR was a little off. Both expressing suspicion but also declining to vote, and downplaying their read. Similar suspicion for similar reasons goes to...ech, too many people for this to really be useful. I started making a list, before realising that this was honestly too common to be only scum doing this. I guess this is what apathy votes are, like Plastic was saying?

Not the only person to do this, but this kind of behaviour - supporting a bandwagon in text but also downplaying how much they believe the case - is bad vibes. This is worse in Bucnasti's case, though, which was a vote accompanied by downplaying how much they really believed in it. Either you support the vote or you don't, really.

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah, but I had a better case (modulo day 1 weirdness) :v:

Cloacamazing is the only person that I'm particularly convinced is in the clear, right now.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

cuntman.net posted:

i agree with this. it makes sense for the scum to make their choices to deny us as much information as possible

on that note, i have no idea either way if green wing is scum or not, but i wouldnt want to vote for her right now just because shes the one whos been posting the most so if shes scum, shes more likely to give herself away eventually

if this is what you think, why not vote for neverhelm instead? theyre have more experience and dont post as much

Somebody will have to tell me if this is a faux pas or giving away valuable information, but since MSRR is gone I don't think it matters, I'm the other Mason. MSRR and I agreed before the vote that if it turned out he wasn't SCUM that Green Wing was the most likely culprit and that I'd do whatever I could to bring him down.

I'm probably putting a big old target on myself for both sides, but right now I'm confident Green Wing is scum, and nobody has yet to give a compelling reason why he isn't, just lots of attempts to redirect to other people.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Bucnasti posted:

Somebody will have to tell me if this is a faux pas or giving away valuable information, but since MSRR is gone I don't think it matters, I'm the other Mason. MSRR and I agreed before the vote that if it turned out he wasn't SCUM that Green Wing was the most likely culprit and that I'd do whatever I could to bring him down.

I'm probably putting a big old target on myself for both sides, but right now I'm confident Green Wing is scum, and nobody has yet to give a compelling reason why he isn't, just lots of attempts to redirect to other people.

You are claiming to have hammered your mason buddy?!

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Bucnasti posted:

This is a scum slip.

Masons know that each other aren't scum. That's what that role is. There is no way what is said here can be true - there is no "if it turned out he wasn't scum".

Like, I thought you were just wrong about me - but this is an outright, "got 'em", scum slip. There's no way you're the other mason, because the masons knew they both were town. ##vote Bucnasti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Green Wing posted:

This is a scum slip.

Masons know that each other aren't scum. That's what that role is. There is no way what is said here can be true - there is no "if it turned out he wasn't scum".

Like, I thought you were just wrong about me - but this is an outright, "got 'em", scum slip. There's no way you're the other mason, because the masons knew they both were town. ##vote Bucnasti.

We were both told that we did not know each others alignment, and if I'm not the other Mason, somebody else can come forward and dispute it.