Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Sunday mornings tend to be a bit quieter than Saturday mornings for us but neither one is awful. I've ended up there on Saturday afternoons a couple of times and that's been miserable.

I've also gone about an hour before closing during the week and that is a beautiful, solitary time though :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Almost purchased a Hawaiian shirt on my Costco trip today. The look on my wife's face would have been worth it

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Goodpancakes posted:

Almost purchased a Hawaiian shirt on my Costco trip today. The look on my wife's face would have been worth it

If they make a Hawaiian style shirt that included the Kirkland Signature logo that would be an instant must buy in every color offered in my goony size.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

namlosh posted:

I just got back from Costco

For those keeping track:
Bread
Makeup wipes
Cottage cheese
Chicken

That’s a hell of a sangwich. Need that extra fiber and a hint of acetone to cut the fattiness of the curds.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My Costco opens at ten but I leave the house at 9:30 to swoop into the gas pumps just before they open the store and the timing works out perfectly

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ultimate Mango posted:

If they make a Hawaiian style shirt that included the Kirkland Signature logo that would be an instant must buy in every color offered in my goony size.

I've been seeing employees in the Kirkland shirt they have tye dyed.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

mysterious frankie posted:

What's the best time to go to a Costco? I ask because we just got our membership last weekend and the number of shoppers with buggy pathing AI pushing around Humvee sized shopping carts was... intimidating. Made it hard to stop and look at things.

I went on Tuesday evening and my local Costco was both lightly attended and also mostly young people who are good shoppers to be around. They move cosntantly, don't clog aisles, and there weren't samples. Might be my new routine.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Costco should have like Adult Swim hours and Geriatric Swim hours and Family Swim Hours. I know they'd never do this but.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

pseudanonymous posted:

Costco should have like Adult Swim hours and Geriatric Swim hours and Family Swim Hours. I know they'd never do this but.

I completely agree.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you couldnt pay me enough to visit costco on the weekend. wall to wall poo poo show featuring all the worst people from the local area

god bless full remote work from home i can go at the best times instead

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

They did have old people hours for a while during the pandemic (First hour before open)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Sunday morning in general is surprisingly quiet. This held true for every retail job I've ever had. There's a reason many places open an hour or two later on Sunday than usual.

If you get there early on Sunday it's pretty dead, but once it hits noon it all goes to hell really fast.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Kirkland barsoap absolutely reeks

Stupid highly perfumed I was shocked and had to return it

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
For some reason! :catholic:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Took the family to costco just for dinner ama

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Bought 6 pounds of short ribs and a 5 pound chocolate cheesecake for two people. Thanks Costco.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I purchased a 6 pack of tiramisu in glass containers and they’re good!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Renegret posted:

Sunday morning in general is surprisingly quiet. This held true for every retail job I've ever had. There's a reason many places open an hour or two later on Sunday than usual.

If you get there early on Sunday it's pretty dead, but once it hits noon it all goes to hell really fast.

This is not at all true for my local Costco. Sunday mornings are nuts as soon as they open the doors. If you're only getting a few things and are quick about it you can beat the rush to the registers, but people flood in there like crazy right at open on the weekends.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
impulse bought this at costco today. its actually quite spicy. super good.

also i got gas, and people have lost their loving minds. a karen tried to literally cut the whole line that was sitting on the side street. didnt go well for her.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Chinatown posted:

also i got gas, and people have lost their loving minds. a karen tried to literally cut the whole line that was sitting on the side street. didnt go well for her.

Bitchin
I want deets please
I mean did they honk or did anyone get out of their car or what

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I gave her the old mature cheddar tickler

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Spinz posted:

Bitchin
I want deets please
I mean did they honk or did anyone get out of their car or what

the was a 60ish woman that literally basically tried to use her car to wedge into the line. like, inches from hitting my car. i got out and yelled at her to have some manners and "do better" and got some support from a few other cars and she backed out and hosed off.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Chinatown posted:

Oooh I bought that cheese before and I really liked it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

Oooh I bought that cheese before and I really liked it.

considering its made in England, the heat level is very good. this would be really hot for alot of people over there :D

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
drat I didn't even notice where it was made. I was upset because I bought it, served it at a dinner party and it sold out right after.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

the was a 60ish woman that literally basically tried to use her car to wedge into the line. like, inches from hitting my car. i got out and yelled at her to have some manners and "do better" and got some support from a few other cars and she backed out and hosed off.

Someone literally entered through the exit only at my Costco gas station. Like, drive up through the pumps to the back then turned around to get in line. Complete insanity.

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
The Costco in Aurora CO has the entrance door on the right and the exit on the left. I did not care for it.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
lol at the Kirkland product placement in The Boys this week.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

devmd01 posted:

I’ll admit it got me thinking I should get more Kirkland whiskey.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Jaxts posted:

The Costco in Aurora CO has the entrance door on the right and the exit on the left. I did not care for it.

An Anti-Costco. Lone Tree is the same, and the Fort Collins one is the same. NOT A FAN! (jk idc, and the one up in Fort Collins is county tax only so it's like getting a 2% discount)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I prefer my Costco "track" in counterclockwise configuration.

Go fast turn left. :hai:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

devmd01 posted:

I didn't see that one, it's such a great show that I just laugh at the ridiculous product placement in it

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Want a Fresca?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jaxts posted:

There are two costcos in the reno area and one is one way and one is the other.

It is an abomination in the eyes of Our Lord.

e: one of them also has the carts on the "wrong" side so you have to get your cart and navigate through the constant stream of exiters in order to get to the entrance.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I think every costco I’ve been in (SoCal and Vegas mostly) are entrance on the right and exit on the left.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

Spinz posted:

Kirkland barsoap absolutely reeks

Stupid highly perfumed I was shocked and had to return it

have to agree, except i'm too lazy to return it so i'm just walkin around here smelling like grandma's purse

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
You must bathe in the 18-in-one hemp peppermint soap.

All One! All One! All One!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

You must bathe in the 18-in-one hemp peppermint soap.

All One! All One! All One!

I got Dr. Bronners, on your recommendation, and I like it ok but I have some problems. It burns my taint and rear end in a top hat. Not a fan of that.

Also, it's a big bottle and I once dropped it on the shower floor and it perfectly squirted up a stream directly into my right eyeball. I had to drive to the ER where they said I had a chemical burn.

Be careful with that stuff.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

amaguri posted:

have to agree, except i'm too lazy to return it so i'm just walkin around here smelling like grandma's purse

Sexy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got Dr. Bronners, on your recommendation, and I like it ok but I have some problems. It burns my taint and rear end in a top hat. Not a fan of that.

Toughen up, buttercup

The lifetime of punishment my taint and rear end in a top hat have seen I could douse them with napalm and not even notice.