Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

tokin opposition posted:

Buying supe lungs and liver on the black market so I can smoke more weed and drink harder

Gecko was missing out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Owlbear Camus posted:

How many doses have they taken? It's at least 4 for Billy and 3 for Hughie right?

1. Against Gunpowder
2. In Russia
3. I don’t remember if he showed off powers when they went after crimson countess but we know Hughie was juiced up at the time so I think it’s a fair guess.
4. At herogasm
5. When they went after mindstorm

He’s maxed out I think. And Hughie’s at four

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think for Hughie and Butcher it's either gonna be:

1. Given real V with temp V to protect them from the side effects. Permanent powers from here on out.
2. All V blasted out of their system by Soldier Boy

I highly doubt either die as some are predicting. Hughie is as close to the main character as the show has, and Butcher is the cosmic counterweight to Homelander and won't be dead until he is.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[templing fingers] butcher wants to gently caress his father.

homelander is the only person interested in dominating him with the powers to roughly approximate a big dad v. a child trying to protect someone even more helpless. to william butcher, this is all just a big sexual game....

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Colby Minifie’s delivery of “slangin that yayao”

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004
Haha, Soldier Boy is John Wayne if he ever took V. To a "T".

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I know people who think they aren't racist but talk like Ashley's did to A-Train to every black person they know. It is a very real thing.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

That DICK! posted:

[templing fingers] butcher wants to gently caress his father.

homelander is the only person interested in dominating him with the powers to roughly approximate a big dad v. a child trying to protect someone even more helpless. to william butcher, this is all just a big sexual game....

why would you post this, even as a shitpost

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > The Boys Season 3: I beat my meat into a cup

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

crepeface posted:

Homelander is a bratty sub

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SpeakSlow posted:

Haha, Soldier Boy is John Wayne if he ever took V. To a "T".

Definitely. Also, soldier boy is so old, I wonder if he is able to get dementia. Maybe he really thinks he stormed Normandy after decades of saying it.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

You don't need dementia to think that. People are excellent at convincing themselves that lies are the truth.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

People are excellent at convincing themselves that lies are the truth.
Cite your sources please.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

crepeface posted:

ohhhh ok were discussing a show thats season finale episode will include a big reveal that a guy hosed his mom, but a guy just subconciously wanting to gently caress his dad, that's a bridge too far for you. i see ya

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

episode four of Season 3 is probably where I'll leave off for the next few days. thinking about Homelander and the Latino Superhero guy he murdered on the rooftop. I wonder what Homelander did to convince him to go up, and did he give him a lift like Starlight? no idea why I even thought about this

and I totally thought they were setting up that guy to betray Starlight. lol nope

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Cojawfee posted:

Definitely. Also, soldier boy is so old, I wonder if he is able to get dementia. Maybe he really thinks he stormed Normandy after decades of saying it.

Weirdly enough I saw this today about Reagan.

https://twitter.com/marina0swald/status/1542858675668357122?t=ENq0qAMPo2bZAdpAhi4y_g&s=19

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol, A-train gets to live in a handcrafted hell he created for himself.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Buying supe lungs and liver on the black market so I can smoke more weed and drink harder

whoa, I guess supes don't develop a tolerance and are therefore lightweights

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I heard that Blondie rap song at work and now I really like it and wish they would release the full Soldier Boy cover.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Gotta say I was deffo suspecting Stormfront was Homelander's bio mother and now boy I fuckin hope not! :whitewater:

You might have been correct all along!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

I think for Hughie and Butcher it's either gonna be:

1. Given real V with temp V to protect them from the side effects. Permanent powers from here on out.
2. All V blasted out of their system by Soldier Boy

I highly doubt either die as some are predicting. Hughie is as close to the main character as the show has, and Butcher is the cosmic counterweight to Homelander and won't be dead until he is.

Doesn't regular V straight up kill grown adults? IIRC Kimiko (any maybe the terrorist from season 1) is the only one it's ever worked on, everyone else they experimented with died.

Also a couple pages back someone asked how Annie knew about the temp V, the vials are marked V24 while the regular ones just say V, that's a pretty good assumption to make.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ugh they never foreshadowed starlight being literate real convenient she knows how to read and right out of nowhere as soon as the plot requires it

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

i say swears online posted:

soldier boy seemed to have gotten used to halothane

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Crespolini posted:

soldier boy seemed to have gotten used to halothane

No he didn't. This was discussed between MM and Frenchie in the episode that came out last night.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

Doesn't regular V straight up kill grown adults?

Which is why I said they'd have to use temp V first.

i say swears online posted:

Annie sure did, but it seems to be more about being a Midwesterner than being a supe

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I know nothing about bourbon - were Starlight and Kimiko chugging back the good stuff, or the crap you buy from the one place that'll sell to underage and you go drink in the woods?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I know nothing about bourbon - were Starlight and Kimiko chugging back the good stuff, or the crap you buy from the one place that'll sell to underage and you go drink in the woods?

Annie said it was Kirkland brand, which is the Costco store brand but people seem to like Kirkland stuff a lot better than usual store brands so it might be alright.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If Annie was chugging it as a bored teen in Indiana it's the cheap stuff

I once bought $12 Trader Joe's branded bourbon and it was vile.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It was Kirkland whiskey, Costco stuff. Kirkland is brand highly regarded for its quality and value, though as I understand some naysayers don't care for the liquor much. In either case, based on labeling, I would put it roughly at Jack Daniels level of loving you up.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

christmas boots posted:

Ugh they never foreshadowed starlight being literate real convenient she knows how to read and right out of nowhere as soon as the plot requires it

She grew up in Iowa so, pretty unrealistic that she can read if you ask me.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[energetically introducing self at first AA meeting] this man liquors

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

pik_d posted:

No he didn't. This was discussed between MM and Frenchie in the episode that came out last night.

ah, haven't seen it yet. now im curious though

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
There's no way Homelander with his oedipus complex is letting his dad live. There's also no way he'd be comfortable with someone who almost killed him being allowed to go free.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Annie said it was Kirkland brand, which is the Costco store brand but people seem to like Kirkland stuff a lot better than usual store brands so it might be alright.

That DICK! posted:

It was Kirkland whiskey, Costco stuff. Kirkland is brand highly regarded for its quality and value, though as I understand some naysayers don't care for the liquor much. In either case, based on labeling, I would put it roughly at Jack Daniels level of loving you up.

We've calibrated both your tastes really precisely here.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
I think Soldier Boy was bullshitting Homelander. Not about being his dad; that's something I had half-expected based on comic spoilers I'd read and the manner in which the show likes to twist the original story elements. But I get the feeling that there is a big difference to Soldier Boy between raising some rugrats of his own and having a superior version of him pseudo-cloned without his knowledge and used as the basis to get him sentenced to a lifetime of Russian experimentation. This isn't going to be a happy family reunion; it's going to be a set-up. The only spotlight Soldier Boy is going to let Homelander have is the one exploding out of his chest.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

This wasn't spelled out but pretty sure only established hero can take V to return their powers in case 'the V was burned off'

Romes128 posted:

Doesn't regular V straight up kill grown adults?

As someone else already touched on, I suspect if they go down the perm V route, the temp V will serve as a buffer against the destructive effects of the perm V and / or will serve as a blueprint for the perm V to follow much like an irradiated Supe (e.g. Kimiko) getting their powers back.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Romes128 posted:

Doesn't regular V straight up kill grown adults? IIRC Kimiko (any maybe the terrorist from season 1) is the only one it's ever worked on, everyone else they experimented with died.

Also a couple pages back someone asked how Annie knew about the temp V, the vials are marked V24 while the regular ones just say V, that's a pretty good assumption to make.

Maybe taking temp V increases your chances of living through being exposed to the real deal.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Strom Cuzewon posted:

There's a shocking amount of brand loyalty for Kirklands. I've never had any of their booze, so I dunno if it's just stockholm syndrome from Costco members who are stuck with Kirklands products.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i think the more fun question to ask is, how many scenes do we think we will get before either homelander betrays soldier boy or soldier boy betrays homelander.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

:shuckyes:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Did y'all not figure it out by the size of that bottle? Anything sold in gallon increments is going to be the cheap poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Kirkland's is the way of saying "I want the best alcohol available that's sold at the lowest legal price"