Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m not sure a teacher of 15 year olds should be referring to a student as ‘absolutely gorgeous’.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

moonmazed posted:

there was a subplot where he came out to all his siblings and got a haircut and stuff, it was really sweet and well done imo

e: here's a clip https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1540031940060905472

I like how it wasn't all serious talks about gender and the nature of identity. There was that one scene of Viktor talking seriously with Allison, and then the rest was the family being either chill about it, or lovable goofs falling over themselves to be supportive.

A lot of the character work this season was a swing and a miss, but I think they nailed that bit.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m not sure a teacher of 15 year olds should be referring to a student as ‘absolutely gorgeous’.

“This new student appears to have some sort of mind control powers, her very presence has disturbed a delicate ecosystem of pubescence. I am unable to determine the source of her bewitching powers, and am left with no choice but the cleansing gift of fire.”

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

LawfulWaffle posted:

“This new student appears to have some sort of mind control powers, her very presence has disturbed a delicate ecosystem of pubescence. I am unable to determine the source of her bewitching powers, and am left with no choice but the cleansing gift of fire.”

Call in the Black Ships, we've got a potential psyker.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zero_Grade posted:

(bonus: the story that these comments are from also involves some trashy idiots!)

This absolutely happened in Malibu.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina had a character come out as trans masc after the actor came out as enby, everyone was chill about it and they ended up dating a nice carny hobgoblin who also joined their band.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
the dream of many queer people, tbh

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/tomcokeisablunt/status/1542651086846271488

There is, of course, a whole thread of these idiots. Last four digits of that tweet ID is unfortunate, mind.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/RayyvanaTTV/status/1542689709469667329

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Why does he want a chud comedian to sit on him?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

That article description sure is something. It doesn't matter that the woman is glamorous and an heiress, it matters that she is 45 and the boy 14. The charge is not having had sex with him four times in one day, it's an adult grooming a child into sleeping with them. Sure is great how as soon as the adult is a woman, this suddenly becomes a joke and a cool thing for the boy. Although I'd guess a non-zero amount of the middle-aged men calling him lucky would also like to have a child bride.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This absolutely happened in Malibu.

California doesn't have private beaches.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

cult_hero posted:

That YOU know of.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

cult_hero posted:

Malibu residents sure think they do.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Malibu residents sure think they do.

Yep. I interned for the coastal commission for a summer and every complaint about beach access was always some rich rear end in a top hat in Malibu or SD.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The idiocy isn’t social media, but:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnDiesattheEn/status/1542715326114287620

Yeah, I tried this on my phone, got a couple of Etsy ads for a miniature school desk and a Shrek Buddha, and then all Nazi poo poo :stare:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Holy poo poo, I didn't even get any Etsy stuff first on my PC. It goes nazi from the first image. WTF?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I get some Nazi poo poo, which is bad because unless I'm looking up something to do with WW2 or fascism specifically I'd prefer if my google searches didn't bring up any Nazi poo poo, but it's like 20%.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
It's not just Google. It's DuckDuckGo and Bing and a few others too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

In amongst the Nazi poo poo I also get a Bitcoin desk ornament.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I keep seeing people make reference to DuckDuckGo being the favorite search engine for chuds, but is that actually true? They're definitely listed as a "woke" company on that :lol:-worthy boycott website.

This whole page fits the thread:
https://www.cancelthiscompany.com/#C5

quote:

Keep in mind that there are ways to partially boycott a company. Just a few examples:
1) Never click on Google ads.
2) If you're a Coca-Cola addict, then try out new sodas for a few weeks. Also boycott other Coke-owned products.
3) Don't leave a lot of cash sitting in your Schwab brokerage account (due to the JP Morgan link).
4) Do not buy food, drinks, or NFL attire if you attend NFL, NBA, or MLB games. Sneak your own food and drinks onto flights with airlines on this list.
5) Buy personal care items, vitamins, etc from good online retailers instead of our boycotted grocery stores.
6) Use open-source software instead of Microsoft software.
7) Feel free to liberally demand refunds, discounts, and return products bought from these left-wing companies.
8) Buy through Dillards if you insist on buying woke clothing company products.

:bahgawd:

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Liberally demand refunds? GET THAT COMMIE BASTARD

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
AFAIK DuckDuckGo has fewer trackers than google, so is a better search engine to use if you're going to google poo poo that might get the government mad at you. Which until now I mostly thought of in terms of wanting an abortion in a state that it's illegal to get one, but it would also be handy if you were a Nazi .

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Data Graham posted:

He and his husband announced they were having a baby via surrogate and all his fans said he was going to hell.

Read After Burning posted:

Is Rubin the one who has been openly gay for some time, but occasionally has fans that go "Wait, he's GAY?! :stare: Oh gently caress, I had NO IDEA, time to stop listening to him"?

They are still loosing their poo poo over rubin. It's probably too many to all link here, but here is a small sample.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3980870&pagenumber=2598&perpage=40#post524547514

:lol: the cowards over the daily wire deleted the original tweet where Rubin was talking with Jorp how rubin was a good gay guy and the chuds that pay money for the daily wire's streaming service should love him. I'll have to see if I can find a copy.

edit found it - Rubin blames liberals for the chuds being mad at him, because of course.

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1542608460063408129?s=20&t=U3zI8fs976T_7RWMQY4OCQ

https://twitter.com/DaveClips/status/1542736699612008454?s=20&t=U3zI8fs976T_7RWMQY4OCQ

Bugsy has a new favorite as of 22:21 on Jul 1, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How do people like this actually believe that? Do you just walk around with your eyes closed all day? "People who work hardest are most successful" is blatantly, obviously untrue just by existing in the world.

Brawnfire posted:

You gotta love when a creator is like "hey, a creative challenge!" and just rolls with it without ever being pushed to do so.
For me it really puts into stark contrast the way people complaining about this kind of thing always approach it. The people who say "I don't mind [minority] I just don't like when it's forced" and talk about how they'd totally be okay with a black protagonist or a gay hero if it wasn't "forced diversity" and was what the creators actually wanted. And then of course even hearing it straight from the director's mouth they'll never believe it and will always assume any diversity was forced diversity, someone had to pressure them. Because, obviously, these people would never put in a minority character unless they had to, so why would anyone else?
I know the people rallying against the slightest diversity will complain about this as they always do, reality unable to touch them, but god drat, this is such a heartening story. They can't touch it. It's just nice to see something with considerate, open dialog and an understanding of the subject brought by listening to people who live it. In any kind of popular media, that's really rare.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Read After Burning posted:

I keep seeing people make reference to DuckDuckGo being the favorite search engine for chuds, but is that actually true?

My uncle has specifically referenced DuckDuckGo as his favorite search engine.

This same uncle tried multiple tmes during his last visit to start a conversation about transgender athletes in women's sports. He also is so conservative that he watches Fox Business News and worships DeSantis.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

RC and Moon Pie posted:

My uncle has specifically referenced DuckDuckGo as his favorite search engine.

Well, clearly he didn't get the memo. :colbert: Demand to see that subversive's Commie card!

quote:

Yet another lefty search engine, dem donors, discriminates, pro-censorship, climate change nonsense. Use 4conservative.com or qWant.com instead. Use CitizenFreePress for news.

I'm sorry. I imagine he was hella gloating after Roe was overturned?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Huh didnt know that qwant still existed. Also does that person know the q in qwant has nothing to do with q?

Also duckduck and startpage are like the only other notable SEs that arnt google, bing or yahoo and try to be "private." I think Brave browser might have their own search, but some people dont like their pro buttcoinness.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/KnowNothingTV/status/1542988404299800576
https://twitter.com/KnowNothingTV/status/1543051764810846213

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

PhazonLink posted:

Huh didnt know that qwant still existed. Also does that person know the q in qwant has nothing to do with q?

Also duckduck and startpage are like the only other notable SEs that arnt google, bing or yahoo and try to be "private." I think Brave browser might have their own search, but some people dont like their pro buttcoinness.

i and a few people i know use Ecosia, which claims to use ad revenue to plant trees, i have no idea if it's real, but i'm p sure it's just bing under the hood

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Killingyouguy! posted:

i and a few people i know use Ecosia, which claims to use ad revenue to plant trees, i have no idea if it's real, but i'm p sure it's just bing under the hood

Flashback to me being in middle school obsessively playing this word puzzle game that claimed to donate a bowl of rice to children in need for every level you completed

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
DuckDuckGo is what I mostly use because I found Google was giving me targeted results that were actually unhelpful, when I just wanted each search to be treated like the first time I have ever looked for something.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I use duckduckgo because it usually turns up results that are equal or better to Google searches. I do recall being on a road trip through the Midwest and seeing a lot of empty stretches with nothing but billboards about Jesus and also ads for duckduckgo, like a really weirdly large number, so idk. I've never heard anything about them being chuds.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Maybe he could just get put into a medically induced coma to quit.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

He looks painfully gassy in every thumbnail still

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/LoebDavon/status/1542870489705680896?t=KrM0p5yVnFaU-ttgWyglGw&s=09

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Just because chuds have switched to ddg doesn't make it bad. It's just a search engine that doesn't track your habits.

And remember, it was Google watching people's habits and sending them fashy content that indoctrinated a lot of these same chuds.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

btw this guy is still going

https://twitter.com/akamades/status/1542779277934039041

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Okay cool. I'll get to tell people that taking estrogen makes me grow female genitalia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Stupid sexy women females