Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Been trying for a run that can go into the "extended game" like the one I had a while ago with bouncy/homing luminous drill. Have not had much luck, but I am still learning new warcrimes to perform with the spell/wand system.

Had one with a wand that always cast energy orb and I put a chainsaw + double cast into it, it was a decent (but not godly) weapon. But it cleared soil/snow/powders cleanly and quickly. Very satisfying in the hiisi base to just delete the snow drifts that block random hallways. The repulsion field perk can accelerate the orbs so hard they go shooting off the side of the screen. I think I electrocuted myself or something when a lamp fell onto the metal floor I was standing on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the loving lights are one of the deadliest enemies in this game. it's stupid but at the same time very :nfpa:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I think we even nerfed their damage once, haha.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Yes, they actually did full electro damage before and would easily zap you for 100.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Hempuli posted:

I think we even nerfed their damage once, haha.
Oh huh, had no idea you posted here. Thanks for the video game.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
can't wait for Noita 2

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
What would a hypothetical sequel even add? I feel like the devs stuffed every concept they could into this thing.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

different map, more spells, more vomit, more piss

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I have to smile every time I see the Hiisi in the completely sealed off chamber with a potion full of urine. Rest well, goon sir. :patriot:

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Daily dose of noita

https://i.imgur.com/JofEzr7.mp4

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Clark Nova posted:

different map, more spells, more vomit, more piss

co-op multiplayer, actual answers to the loving eye messages, more hidden poo poo

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

What would a hypothetical sequel even add? I feel like the devs stuffed every concept they could into this thing.

abstract storage or pocket dimension or hyperspace wand workshop or whatever

silly hats

more robust fluid system that can simulate Navier-Stokes and Bernoulli and such?

tacos

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

silentsnack posted:

more robust fluid system that can simulate Navier-Stokes and Bernoulli and such?

man remember powder game, that thing was the poo poo

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Noita 2 should just be a Noita mod where you wander a blasted hellscape made of gold and toxic rock

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Always casts downward bolt bundle. Stuffed full of quadruple casts, triple casts, one chainsaw, one luminous drill, one triplicate blast, one spark bolt. It chugs the game while its going off . And I can't see poo poo until I stop shooting.

Always casts energy orb. One luminous drill, orbiting arc, heavy spread. This one isn't actually good it just looks cool

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 4, 2022

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

Yes, they actually did full electro damage before and would easily zap you for 100.

It is perhaps lore friendly that wizards will rampage around destroying all sources of electricity

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Back to seizure cannons?
https://i.imgur.com/Gl7137F.mp4

The only feature I want from noita 2, or noita 1 is perf/threading/stability improvements so wands like that can cast in real time.

Hooplah posted:

There’s so many nuances to the gameplay that just never clicked, but now that I get it fungal caverns and hiisi base don’t feel nearly as dangerous. I will kill the end boss and I will get to the real game, nightmare mode.

Best of luck! The knowledge and experience will build, and nightmare will always be there eventually to restore that wonderful fear of death that fades away after hundreds of hours.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I found this in the background of the big open cave area to the right of the ice cave

edit: POPCORN MACHINE

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 5, 2022

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
^Can you read music?

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
:catstare:

That guy with the wand was only on screen for like half a second, and I didn't even notice him until looking at the playback. I was focusing on getting the gently caress away from the propane tanks I was standing on top of.

I love that a single chunk of terrain fell directly on top of me, and then the rest of the room leisurely crumbled.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://i.imgur.com/K5rbNdj.mp4

wheeeeee :buddy:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your wand!?

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Lobe posted:

At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your wandcorpse!?

FTFY

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Reject humanity, become magical girl finale.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Mr. Lobe posted:

At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your wand!?

May I see it* ?

No.

*the combination of wand, spells, and perks that allow this to happen

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
"Looks like the game crashed, would you like to try restoring the auto-save?"
"Restore"

https://i.imgur.com/Y7nCsTY.mp4

Yep, that worked perfectly.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The holy mountain's gone, too, so big :rip:

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
alchemical precursor for this seed: mud + water + fungus

1341197462 if anyone's curious

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

lmao flying fuckin murder torch

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
homing plasma beams are very powerful but very dangerous

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
yea they own

did myself in last night with one by getting hit by one of those goddamn wizards that curses you to fire randomly

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
best thing you can do in that case is pull out a flask and gently caress off until it's over. twitchy is the worst

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i tucked myself safely in a corner to figure out wtf i'd been hit by :negative:

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I hate when you get hit by a normally survivable chaotic poly and your homing projectile goes "YAY NEW ENEMY TO KILL"

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Zamujasa posted:

This hiisi didn't get the memo

https://i.imgur.com/OQVBXFl.mp4

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Zamujasa posted:

This has to be the most Noita wand I've ever made. What's yours?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

HolHorsejob posted:

I once made a wand that combined:
- Slime Mist
- Giant Explosion on Slimed Targets
- Homing
- Accelerating Shots
- Matter Eater

I'd fire it once, and it'd zip around the vicinity, sliming and then exploding everything it found. Walls were no protection. I'd say it made Swiss cheese of the level, but really there wasn't much level left once it was done.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

HolHorsejob posted:

For me it's either this one (shown here killing me via swapper mage + chaotic poly)

https://i.imgur.com/FUjCS1r.mp4

or this one, which just spawns a huge heap of explosive physics objects

https://i.imgur.com/YFSHsaw.mp4

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Mine was one that was just a huge multicast wand and the only spell on it were a million propane tanks with electric arc.

I knew exactly what it would do, and I still did it. That's Noita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Zamujasa posted:

Mine was one that was just a huge multicast wand and the only spell on it were a million propane tanks with electric arc.

I knew exactly what it would do, and I still did it. That's Noita.

Noita: I knew exactly what it would do, and I still did it