Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Today I'm having the ultimate Costco quesodillas. Costco tortillas with Costco 505 green chile, Costco black beans and refried beans, Costco shredded cheddar, and Costco rotisserie chicken leftovers. Cooked on a Costco non-stick pan with Costco butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

Today I'm having the ultimate Costco quesodillas. Costco tortillas with Costco 505 green chile, Costco black beans and refried beans, Costco shredded cheddar, and Costco rotisserie chicken leftovers. Cooked on a Costco non-stick pan with Costco butter.

CostCo has refried beans?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
costcodillas

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Are those the uncooked tortillas that you got?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
God the Costco app is total dogshit after a recent update.

Using the mobile website now like a disbeliever.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Warning, Costco is still selling DJI drones, which is owned by a Chinese company. Due to the tariffs the app that controls the drone was removed from all app stores.

So you can buy a drone and turn it on, but you can't fly it.

I guess you could disable the security features on your cell phone and install an app directly from a chinese website... :lol:

e: I made my second ever Costco return because I didn't know beforehand.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Chinatown posted:

impulse bought this at costco today. its actually quite spicy. super good.

also i got gas, and people have lost their loving minds. a karen tried to literally cut the whole line that was sitting on the side street. didnt go well for her.

I'm confused, aren't chilies a type of pepper?

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Warning, Costco is still selling DJI drones, which is owned by a Chinese company. Due to the tariffs the app that controls the drone was removed from all app stores.

So you can buy a drone and turn it on, but you can't fly it.

I guess you could disable the security features on your cell phone and install an app directly from a chinese website... :lol:

e: I made my second ever Costco return because I didn't know beforehand.

Googled this because it sounded wonky, and wow: having the app to control your whatsit being banned by the commerce department because of Ukraine-related sanctions is cyberpunk future as gently caress.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hasselblad posted:

I'm confused, aren't chilies a type of pepper?

i mean, we are talking about the english here

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

david_a posted:

CostCo has refried beans?
Yes, I get the Rosarita 8 pack every couple months. I like to have them New Mexico style for breakfast with green chile and cheese on top, heated in the microwave.

Chinatown posted:

costcodillas
:hmmyes:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are those the uncooked tortillas that you got?
no, Jesus is too lazy :eng99:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

no, Jesus is too lazy :eng99:

Ah. I'd recommend trying them out, assuming that you're not making a ton of them for a lot of people. Its literally just 30 seconds in the pan for each side of the tortilla

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
They are so so good, especially for quesadillas

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

They are really good, but there are too many in a package for my wife and I to get even halfway through before they go bad. The sad reality of a lot of Costco purchases. :smith:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I used to swap between Costco and Sam's Club year to year back when we had more disposable money, and while I grew up with Costco (seriously, been going there since like 1987 or some poo poo) I find it increasingly harder to find stuff I like there anymore. Things are just a bit more exotic than they were when I was a kid, and it's harder to find the absolute garbage that makes up so much of my diet as it was long long ago when there was no food court but an outdoor hot dog cart in front of the entrance. It's like they've gone from pepperoni pizzas to margherita pizzas. (Although now that I see a goon on the last page posted a pizza maybe that comparison no longer holds.)

Food tastes aside, Sam's now lets you scan barcodes of everything as you shop and then pay in app and skip the checkout line entirely, and Costco should unironically steal that as fast as possible. It's great.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 5, 2022

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Enos Cabell posted:

They are really good, but there are too many in a package for my wife and I to get even halfway through before they go bad. The sad reality of a lot of Costco purchases. :smith:

I would think uncooked tortillas would freeze well

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

david_a posted:

I would think uncooked tortillas would freeze well

they do

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

they even come in two separate packages so you can freeze one

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Craptacular! posted:

I used to swap between Costco and Sam's Club year to year back when we had more disposable money, and while I grew up with Costco (seriously, been going there since like 1987 or some poo poo) I find it increasingly harder to find stuff I like there anymore. Things are just a bit more exotic than they were when I was a kid, and it's harder to find the absolute garbage that makes up so much of my diet as it was long long ago when there was no food court but an outdoor hot dog cart in front of the entrance. It's like they've gone from pepperoni pizzas to margherita pizzas. (Although now that I see a goon on the last page posted a pizza maybe that comparison no longer holds.)

Food tastes aside, Sam's now lets you scan barcodes of everything as you shop and then pay in app and skip the checkout line entirely, and Costco should unironically steal that as fast as possible. It's great.

This might be the funniest costco complaint I've seen in a long time.

Maybe you go to the bougiest costco on the planet, but mine has plenty of hotdogs, microwave chicken tenders, bags of Doritos you could fit a two year old in, chocolate covered pretzels, etc. If you want to eat like a goon Costco generally has your back.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

Please name the "exotic" foods

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
I agree on one part. Costco absolutely needs to steal the scan and go feature that Sam's has. Super convenient when I run in just to get a couple of bags of snacks or case of baby food or something and don't want to stand in the lines.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Sadly most of what I buy I feel like is junk food. Frito lay chips for lunch, packaged granola bars, meat sticks, breakfast burritos. I don't buy as many ingredients to cook as I used to.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

StormDrain posted:

Sadly most of what I buy I feel like is junk food. Frito lay chips for lunch, packaged granola bars, meat sticks, breakfast burritos. I don't buy as many ingredients to cook as I used to.

The only fresh ingredients we buy at Costco are spinach (we go through a fuckton of spinach) and meat. Meat you can freeze, so no need to worry about it going bad. We just can't eat the other fresh food fast enough. Maybe if we had 4 kids or something but we don't.

Veggies, fruit, etc. get bought at a regular grocery store, meat and dry goods at Costco. Interestingly on the rare time we buy snack food we buy it at the grocery store just because goddamn we do NOT need to be eating a costco sized bag of Lays. Only exception is parties.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It’s just frozen food in general has gotten broader and has more upscale options, not just at Costco.

When you were a kid frozen margherita pizzas didn’t exist. It was all cheap poo poo. Tombstone was the fancy brand.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Costco has a lot of Asian customers and so they are just giving more options for that area (like the Japanese BBQ sauce, sesame seed dressing, the variety of Asian snacks)

And yes you'd be surprised how long you can make stuff from Costco last. I'm a two person household and we're doing at least 75% of our groceries from Costco. When it comes to like meat or cheese , we'll freeze half right away. We even get the bread, just toss one loaf into the fridge right away.

The thing is you have to not be lazy about breaking up packages or doing additional packaging. We still save a lot of money doing this with Costco bulk stuff (even if we use ziplocs, which are also available at Costco) over a regular grocery store.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Cyrano4747 posted:

The only fresh ingredients we buy at Costco are spinach (we go through a fuckton of spinach) and meat. Meat you can freeze, so no need to worry about it going bad. We just can't eat the other fresh food fast enough. Maybe if we had 4 kids or something but we don't.

Veggies, fruit, etc. get bought at a regular grocery store, meat and dry goods at Costco. Interestingly on the rare time we buy snack food we buy it at the grocery store just because goddamn we do NOT need to be eating a costco sized bag of Lays. Only exception is parties.

I used to get tubs of the lettuce mix, lunch meat, cheese, sandwich bread for my lunches. Now I get things to microwave.

I also sometimes get eggs and go though a ton of them myself, butter, canned tomatoes, frozen fish and shrimp, Avocados, snack tomatoes, bananas.

Lately though I'm just doing hello fresh meals twice a week, and going out or frozen pizza the other nights.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Our Costco doesn't have the uncooked Tortillas anymore and they even got rid of naan. Naan! I'm in an ultra-boomer white part of the country and it makes Costco worse and I hate it :mad:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

yea that scan while you shop and skip the line feature sounds epic as hell

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
My Costco had something new to me, Labne Kefir Cheese. Bought it without plans, but ended up just scooping it up with naan and broccoli. also decided to the do the classic sour cream + french onion mix chip and veggie dip but with this stuff instead of sour cream and it was amazing - probably even better than with sour cream. Opened and finished the 3lb tub on this 4th of July weekend with some help from both sides of our family no problem.
https://www.karouncheese.com/product/labne-kefir-cheese-3-lb/1032
Good stuff!! Just wish my Costco would actually carry Kefir, please!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I haven't had to do a return for a broken product before. I bought a Shark vacuum back in October that isn't working now, I have a receipt but not the box. Is it less hassle to buy a new one and return the old one in the box, or drag the old in as it is? Store is close enough that two trips is no big deal, I just don't want to lug the old vacuum more than once.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Enos Cabell posted:

I haven't had to do a return for a broken product before. I bought a Shark vacuum back in October that isn't working now, I have a receipt but not the box. Is it less hassle to buy a new one and return the old one in the box, or drag the old in as it is? Store is close enough that two trips is no big deal, I just don't want to lug the old vacuum more than once.

If we say not to do return fraud, will you just do it anyway?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Where in that post do they insinuate that they're in any way attempting return fraud?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Just bring it in without the box, costco will return anything easy except christmas trees.

Heck you probably don't need the recipet since they have a log of what you bought

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Devor posted:

If we say not to do return fraud, will you just do it anyway?

lol wut?

Tunicate posted:

Just bring it in without the box, costco will return anything easy except christmas trees.

Heck you probably don't need the recipet since they have a log of what you bought

Thanks, I'll just drag it down later today.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Sams Club can suck my balls. :hai:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Yeah just bring it in without the box. They'll give you a refund and then you can just go and buy a new one right after. But definitely bring in the receipt since you have it. Yes, they can look it up on your account but it's so much easier and faster with the receipt since they can just scan the receipt and process the return that way.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The costco app can bring up all your past receipts too.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

When you buy a thing, and then put a different thing in the box, then return it, that's fraud. In the extreme, someone might do that with a product that is outside of its return window.

What possible world would you bring an item to a company, they say "Uh, no, I need a box" and then you go haul one out of their inventory to make them happy.

If they were going to accept it without a box (like Costco) then you're fine, and if they weren't going to accept it without the box, swapping it out is fraud.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Sams Club can suck my balls. :hai:

:hmmyes:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Devor posted:

When you buy a thing, and then put a different thing in the box, then return it, that's fraud. In the extreme, someone might do that with a product that is outside of its return window.

What possible world would you bring an item to a company, they say "Uh, no, I need a box" and then you go haul one out of their inventory to make them happy.

If they were going to accept it without a box (like Costco) then you're fine, and if they weren't going to accept it without the box, swapping it out is fraud.

Putting an item in a box for that item is not fraud, even if you acquire the box from a second purchase of the same item.

If they bought an Xbox and then returned it full of potatoes, that would be fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Devor posted:

Jeez, good thing we're talking about Costco in the Costco thread then! I was asking if it's more of a hassle for the return staff one way or the other, not how to get something for free. In every scenario I am giving them money for a working vacuum cleaner, the only question is if the trash man or the costco employees get the box.