Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Motronic posted:

I'm not trying to harsh your fever dream. But you asked.

Also, that car is a piece of poo poo. Hope that helps.

I know, I promise I'm not trying to be a pain! Like I mentioned earlier, I fully admit you guys are right, I definitely absolutely do not need this, it would 100% be a terrible decision on my part and even I know that. They're just such unique, awesome and bizarre cars I can't help but want to buy it regardless.

Finger Prince posted:

Offer them the P71 in trade. Be that guy.

Never. I still have plans of putting big meaty all terrains on it :colbert:

e: Unintentional lovely page snipe, here's something awesome I saw rolling around town as tax:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

What do you do with a no title? I'd assume search the vin. If that comes up, I dunno, not stolen what do you do next?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Fix the presumably broken pop up headlights

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

honda whisperer posted:

What do you do with a no title? I'd assume search the vin. If that comes up, I dunno, not stolen what do you do next?

Well, with a Bill of Sale and a clean VIN, you should be able to apply for a new title for it. I guess it depends on the state.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

Well, with a Bill of Sale and a clean VIN, you should be able to apply for a new title for it. I guess it depends on the state.

Arkansas in this case, so either have the seller apply for a duplicate title, or go with a bonded title.

In all seriousness, if anyone here is actually interested enough to buy this thing and give it a good home, I will gladly give more details and a number. Even with my loving wife's permission I doubt I can actually bring myself to grab it :v:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Many moons ago,I sold a VR6 jetta (the v1 jetta engine they only made for not even two years, not the good v2 engine everyone writes about) with no title, was pretty straightforward, wrote them a bill of sale on a blank piece of paper, went to Kinko's made a copy of the bill of sale and my DL and their DL we both signed it, they drove it onto a trailer and I got $500 cash (this was pre pandemic when beaters were still cheap). They had a copy of my DL and towed it out of my driveway whose address matched my DL so it's not like I was gonna disappear on them if they ran into trouble getting a new title

I'm sure there's like a 7-30 day hold on issuing new title for cars in case it gets reported stolen, but it's not ultra rare for cars to get sold without a title, but it's a big hit to the value due to time and risk on the buyers part

If you're gonna borrow $2k to buy a worthless car, borrow $2k and build a cyclekart go kart. They're way faster, also don't have a title, brand new engine + transmission will set you back less than $225 if it blows up because you forgot to put oil in it. Even with a blown engine a cyclekart is still worth $1200

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Buy Daytona, post thread, go gold, disappear/sell/burns down/wife disembowels you, AI goons get blue balls.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

But the car, get the loan, work the graveyard shift at McDonald's for two weeks, pay off the car, live the glory, post the thread, don't complain poo poo making her life decisions

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Hadlock posted:

But the car, get the loan, work the graveyard shift at McDonald's for two weeks, pay off the car, live the glory, post the thread, don't complain poo poo making her life decisions

I don't know how much you think people working at McDonald's make, but it sure as poo poo ain't $4k/mo.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

McDonald's down the street from me in my poo poo hole nowhereville fringe town has a big sign advertising $18/hr

I guess that's three weeks of graveyard shift, not two

The interior smelling of french fry grease would only add to the story, imo

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

T1g4h posted:

Crossposting from the AI Facebook group, some very awesome (and tempting) AI poo poo for sale near me! Legitimately debating on talking to my bank because holy poo poo.
Dude, I remember those things when they were brand new. They were total pieces of crap even when they were on the lots. One of those things where "rare" (even if somewhat) =/ desirable.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Looks like a domestic 944 from where I'm sitting, no idea what you're going on about homeboy

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

T1g4h posted:

Crossposting from the AI Facebook group, some very awesome (and tempting) AI poo poo for sale near me! Legitimately debating on talking to my bank because holy poo poo.

This thing is front wheel drive? I thought it was cool, but nope.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Of course it's FWD, it's a K car. But those 2.2 turbos aren't anything to laugh at and they handled reasonably well for their era.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

T1g4h posted:

What is this, Financial Sanity? :colbert:

I know you're definitely right but goddamn, seeing an actual Turbo Daytona Z in the wild does things to my brain that make sense and logic go out the window. Especially when my current daily is a P71 that guzzles gas and my thought process goes "Well it's a 4 cylinder so you could daily it and save money while working on the cop car" :v:

You can get a mint Daytona or LeBaron with the Turbo II and manual for like less than $5K here in Finland, where they imported plenty of them for some reason. Corrosion and crumbly vacuum lines were the worst when I owned one.

There's a super rare version of the 2.2 liter with a Lotus DOHC head (Turbo III) that's the only collectable version I'd say.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

Something I just saw on Facebook. VF Ute with custom 17” smoothies. I loving dig it.

E: the wheels, I mean. Might look into them for my VE

Automatic Retard fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jul 6, 2022

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Hadlock posted:

McDonald's down the street from me in my poo poo hole nowhereville fringe town has a big sign advertising $18/hr

I guess that's three weeks of graveyard shift, not two

The interior smelling of french fry grease would only add to the story, imo

The best part is, working at Mc Shits and driving a beat rear end Daytona! Like reliving one's teenage years all over again.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Darchangel posted:

That's not broken, that's just low. I see no demon camber VIP asshattery.

Hell yeah!

Wrench Every Day just converted their cop Charger "Roadblock" to a ute with the Smyth kit after a tree fell on the back window and trunk. Perfect situation for it.
I kind of want one, too.
Actually, I want to ute my Crown Vic, but it's a lot more difficult with the fuel tank location on the last generation Panthers (it's over and just behind the rear axle - right where a bed floor would go,) which I guess is why Smyth hasn't made a kit for those. Adds a bit of complexity fiddling with the fuel system.

Is Wrench Every Day run by Freddy "Tavarish" Hernandez? Something about the way he talks makes my skin crawl. Is he still picking up and dropping projects at the drop of a hat depending on video clicks?

Also, speaking of chuds, from what I remember, Tavarish runs a very partisan conservative news site, which is no fun. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/inside-the-partisan-fight-for-your-news-feed

https://twitter.com/Motor_Friend/status/1267990492152823808

EDIT: I suspect I might be violating some thread rules with this post, so have a video of Harry Metcalfe driving my dream car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyb4E0Xg-hw

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 7, 2022

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I learned how to play online driving games by copying touring car racing.

https://twitter.com/rrrrr_rv/status/1544635657632772097?s=20&t=BLGoJnX2XAFP2LN2q40QTg

I will not apologise.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Olympic Mathlete posted:

https://twitter.com/rrrrr_rv/status/1544635657632772097?s=20&t=BLGoJnX2XAFP2LN2q40QTg

I will not apologise.

if you're not playing driving games by using a car on the outside of a corner to bounce off of at full throttle, thereby redirecting you, still at full throttle, never once touching the brakes, you're doing it wrong

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Large Testicles posted:

if you're not playing driving games by using a car on the outside of a corner to bounce off of at full throttle, thereby redirecting you, still at full throttle, never once touching the brakes, you're doing it wrong

Other cars do help to make great apexes.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Eric Cantonese posted:

Is Wrench Every Day run by Freddy "Tavarish" Hernandez? Something about the way he talks makes my skin crawl. Is he still picking up and dropping projects at the drop of a hat depending on video clicks?
[quoe]

He may own it, but he's only on it occasionally.
It's mainly his mechanic buddy. Sort of like Freddy's version of The Wizard.

[quote]
Also, speaking of chuds, from what I remember, Tavarish runs a very partisan conservative news site, which is no fun. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/inside-the-partisan-fight-for-your-news-feed

https://twitter.com/Motor_Friend/status/1267990492152823808

Mother fucker.

At least he keeps the politics out of the YT vids, I guess. Though he hangs out with the VINWiki rear end in a top hat.

T1g4h posted:

I like you. You have good taste.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I will not apologise.

I mean, that's pretty much how I drive in video games. Usually unintentionally.

Large Testicles posted:

It's like the inverse of the gutter trick on that one corner in Initial D.
And have absolutely used a car on the outside of the turn as a backstop. Don't do this on Enthusia Racing, though. It's a sim, and penalizes contact.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

T1g4h posted:

e: Unintentional lovely page snipe, here's something awesome I saw rolling around town as tax:

I saw this at a local car show last month. Mechanical restoration with unrestored bodywork, still belongs to the same farm that's on the hand painted sign. Fargos were rebadged Dodges sold at Canadian Plymouth dealers.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Darchangel posted:

Mother fucker.

At least he keeps the politics out of the YT vids, I guess. Though he hangs out with the VINWiki rear end in a top hat.

Tavarish, Hoovie and Ed are insufferable and it is annoying that they stick their punchable faces in on other channels that have stuff worth watching. Vinwiki has some great contributors but having that gurning dickhead popup at the end to try and sell whatever bullshit they are pushing that month is annoying. Of course recently Vinwiki have had a lot of crappy videos since I guess a lot of the early contributors are out of good stories.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Makes me regret helping Ed with his Audi :smith:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Is the Vinwiki guy a chud? I just thought he was just a bore who got lucky by being earlier than others to the Youtube car channel party.

The Car Youtube scene is pretty dreary, huh? Samcrac is such a weirdo, but at least he fixes things himself and shows how he works through his projects (even though he also stops updating on certain cars if there aren't enough clicks).

I like Watch JRGo, though.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Eric Cantonese posted:

Is the Vinwiki guy a chud?

One of the early mini series episodes he does with Tavarish and Hoovie he has a very obvious blue lives matter patch on his jacket. Just gave me another reason to dislike him.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Just putting this out there: TFR has a Racism, authoritarianism, etc. in the industry thread. It has helped us identify youtubers, vendors, etc. that tend that way.

I feel the thread has helped us, in TFR, grow individually and as a group into a more inclusive space.

Anyways. Last time I saw Samcrac, he was driving a truck with Trump stickers on it. Nice guy in person, but that soured me on the whole thing.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Rich land owner wasting money on scrap cars has its charms.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

Rich land owner wasting money on scrap cars has its charms.

The "I live in the American south and have 3 acres and 12 out buildings full of classic Europeans sports cars that have been abandoned for the last 2 decades" is the most bizarre phenomena that I will never understand.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

95% of the land east of I-95 is economically worthless sand dunes and scrub grass and/or swamp that was clear cut two hundred years ago and used cars were worthless scrap up until about 15 years ago, hope that helps

I'm just gobsmacked at how poor and low density the eastern seaboard is beyond a handful of cities. I thought the gulf coast was destitute, but the eastern seaboard is really eye opening. It's not rural romania poor, but definitely trending in that direction

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The "I live in the American south and have 3 acres and 12 out buildings full of classic Europeans sports cars that have been abandoned for the last 2 decades" is the most bizarre phenomena that I will never understand.

I think it goes from wanting to have a big fancy collection, then wanting to have it all in one place, then going with a remote place because it's the cheapest place to put thirty cars or because you're constantly thinking about thieves or shithead relatives, and then finding out that maintaining a collection is really hard, and then getting too old/dead to do anything with the collection, then somebody finds the auction piece of the decade in a partially collapsed barn.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

madeintaipei posted:

Just putting this out there: TFR has a Racism, authoritarianism, etc. in the industry thread. It has helped us identify youtubers, vendors, etc. that tend that way.

I feel the thread has helped us, in TFR, grow individually and as a group into a more inclusive space.

Thats a good idea. Will discuss with the IK and Elmnt80

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Thats a good idea. Will discuss with the IK and Elmnt80

The IK agrees.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'm all for it, just don't ask me to be the OP. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

T1g4h posted:

I know, I promise I'm not trying to be a pain! Like I mentioned earlier, I fully admit you guys are right, I definitely absolutely do not need this, it would 100% be a terrible decision on my part and even I know that. They're just such unique, awesome and bizarre cars I can't help but want to buy it regardless.

And where the hell are you gonna find parts for that thing out there in the backwoods? Or is this gonna be a bailing wire and duck tape fix? :cheeky:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

And where the hell are you gonna find parts for that thing out there in the backwoods? Or is this gonna be a bailing wire and duck tape fix? :cheeky:

You know me personally, I will let you take a guess :v:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

If we have a YouTube chud thread we need to rate them from 1 to 5 bootlicks to so people can choose their own level of nose holding for content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Fornax Disaster posted:

I saw this at a local car show last month. Mechanical restoration with unrestored bodywork, still belongs to the same farm that's on the hand painted sign. Fargos were rebadged Dodges sold at Canadian Plymouth dealers.

Hell yeah, I was at a car show last weekend, didn't get a shot of it, but there was a similarly "restored" Studebaker pick up there.